2nds Swans Reserves 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Can any habitual reserves watchers give a report on how Abe Davis is going? He seems to be making the bests list with regularity playing, I take it, in defence. I try to take those reserves bests lists with a few grains of salt so has anyone got anything on him so far?

He's going pretty well. Initially playing forward, off a wing and even took a few centre bounces during the preseason and Round 1.

He's been filling in during Aliir and Melican's absence in Round 2-4 and then Richards' absence last round. I don't remember him being tested on any one-on-one contests but what he has been excelling in is his reading of the play and running off his opponent to help his fellow defenders by being the third man up in marking contests. In addition, his disposal has been solid, and his composure under pressure in defence has been a highlight.

Our first ever game against Southport who boast quite a few ex-AFL players: John Anthony, Josh Hunt, Jared Brennan, Wayde Mills, Haydn Kiel, Chrstian Bock

Game has been moved to Blacktown starting 2.20pm

B: H.Marsh, X.Richards, J.Foote
HB: Z.Jones, A.Aliir, N.Newman
C: A.Davis, D.Robinson, G.Hewett
HF: J.Hiscox, S.McLaren, J.Rose
F: T.Derickx, T.Nankervis, Z.Fyffe
Foll: S.Naismith, C.Bird, H.Cunningham

Int: J.Cubis, B.Kilpatrick, O.Osborne, A.Treacy

In: Richards, Bird, McLaren
Out: Jack, Melican, Towers

This game is in Blacktown and is NOT the curtain raiser for the seniors. First bounce was at 2:20pm.

Limited tweeting..seriously? Surely we can scrape together something and hire a teenager if their old man thumbs aren't up to it.

@swansreserves is an unofficial page not affiliated with the club, run by one of our regulars in grimlock who does his best to provide updates on the games where it is practical to do so. A few others on Twitter have provided updates from time to time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd expect Bird to dominate at this level, he is still a very competent player.

@swansreserves is an unofficial page not affiliated with the club, run by one of our regulars in grimlock who does his best to provide updates on the games where it is practical to do so. A few others on Twitter have provided updates from time to time.
My bad. As you were Grimlock:oops:

We're now leading 4.7 to 1.3, Derickx with a goal assist to Naismith.

Best Players: , C. Bird , D. Robinson , A. Davis , S. Naismith , , H. Marsh
Hewett must have had the worst 29 disposal, 2 goal game of all time

We love our Grim!
@swansreserves is an unofficial page not affiliated with the club, run by one of our regulars in grimlock who does his best to provide updates on the games where it is practical to do so. A few others on Twitter have provided updates from time to time.[/QUOTE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back