2nds Swans Reserves 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching this on the stream it seems like a good ******* time to be using an alternate strip. Maybe the orange/red looks a bit more different in person though
GWS v Sydney is a 'rivalry' therefore no clash jumpers to be worn. Stupid I know.

Some of Newman's efforts were really poor. He won't get a game unless he improved significantly in that area regardless of how many disposals he picks up
In what way poor Grim? I've seen him a couple of times live and thought he looked AFL standard, was hoping for a Rampe like story to unfold.

Also, what's the go with Tomlinson, it appeared last year he was going to be a gun in the Nick Riewald mould but now playing NEAFL?

There was one play where in Q3 where he missed a tackle just lay on the ground and only got to his feet when he could take an uncontested mark.

He was also made to look slow today by Tomlinson who isn't particularly quick

More importantly, which of the GWS kids not playing in the 1s should we be targeting in the trade period?
Ignoring their trade positions and just going on pure talent and our needs alone

Plowman - key defender. I think he's better than Corr and more importantly a little bigger which means he won't get monstered like he was by Tippett today.
Pickett - small forward who can impact the scoreboard
Ahern - gun on baller who needs a few years of development but has potential to be very good
Hampton - running halfback with pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

grimlock, from what you saw yesterday and have seen, would Plowman be a viable option for us to poach and then develop as a genuine KPD?
I've seen Plowman more than a few times against us in the NEAFL, and except for one game against Membrey I'm pretty sure he's dominated us in every game. He's also quite creative with the ball in hand for a key defender.

Is he a viable option to poach? Well I'm not sure where he stands in the Giants' hierachy exactly. If he was fit for the start of the year would he have gotten in front of Corr, Buntine and/or Haynes (assuming Davis and Patfull are locks). Plus they have Marchbank who looks a really good prospect and apparently a few more talls as Academy pickups. What I do know is that if he becomes available we won't be the only clubs come knocking at his agent's door and hence he won't come cheap. Do we have anything to offer GWS if we commit to Mills and Dunkley?

Sorry to pop in and intrude.

Newman was never a particularly strong defensive player at the Frankston Dolphins. He was more renowned for his "zoning off" than his 1:1 stuff. Think Michael Hibberd clone.

Kicking was always quite neat and speed was solid enough so surprised to hear he has tapered off in both areas.

Why doesn't the Swans website have updated match reports? The most recent was 13/7.
Most of the match reports you could write yourself despite not watching the game. It's basically a summary of the score, goal kickers, disposal leaders and best players

Most of the match reports you could write yourself despite not watching the game. It's basically a summary of the score, goal kickers, disposal leaders and best players
Apparently, the Swans Reserves pages are the websites most popular. Wouldn't you think that this would tell them to keep them updated.

Newman was never a particularly strong defensive player at the Frankston Dolphins. He was more renowned for his "zoning off" than his 1:1 stuff. Think Michael Hibberd clone.

Kicking was always quite neat and speed was solid enough so surprised to hear he has tapered off in both areas.

Not true, Newman was fine and is pushing for selection if you watch the replay.

He can't be too bad. He won the Fothergill Round Medal after all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back