Opinion Swans Talk in the Football Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate , this guy does around the grounds every wed on SEN and he has no farking clue what so ever , he said the same s**t about Tippett and the Swans last year.
He had no clue about injuries and what was happing at the club what so ever , at one stage he was saying B Reid has a calf and will miss a few weeks , B Reid doesn't even play for us FFS.
Guy has no clue , he also brought the Franklin s**t up 2 weeks ago , only people I would listen to is J Dampney and N Cordy and still then there not 100% right

He did have the mail about the moves to get Tippett and Franklin, though, didn't he?
Lucky prick only managed to scoop the two biggest transfers in recent years. But what has he done lately?

Who the F is Russell Barwick, once again today he put the Swans and Buddy down. Says there's massive discontent about Buddy. How would this tool know.

Bedford!
You read my mind.
I don't often start threads but as soon as I heard this idiot today, I wanted to. In fact I googled his name & he hosts some ESPN program. I believe he is pro NRL & is getting slung a little on the side to throw some mud at the threat to their game in NSW known as the Sydney Swans.
He has done it every Wednesday for the last 4 weeks yet everything the club & individual players have said contradicts his garbage.
If he is the NSW correspondant for all things AFL that SEN use, then they are failing miserably.

Why stress what is said? Unless it impacts how we play it shouldnt matter. No one will say a word after Buddy kicks his first bag or snaps one from the boundary on the siren to beat the pies by 5 points. So many things to look forward to. If there is a problem it will be sorted at the trade table in October after a premiership. Buddy aint going anywhere and thats fact! Be flattered, we are now a powerhouse club, haters are going to hate. I remember when no one gave a * about us or even worse felt sorry for us. Enjoy all aspects of what success brings the mighty swans!

Guys as frustrating as it is to read, this sort of thing is going to become common place with Buddy. Unfortunately it is the price our club has to pay for chasing success. Best not to worry about it too much.

I get sick of picking the genuine footy discussion out of the gossip and new idea style crap.

Look at buddy if they want to discuss his place in the team and structure and discuss how it works great, even if they want to be critical, robust discussion about footy and the club is always welcome, even if its critical.

If they want to pretend they have an inside source who they cant reveal and they cant name names but theres trouble brewing than just shut up. Either say player x and name him says he is angry (even then its a bit gossipy) or shut up and talk about the bloody game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get sick of picking the genuine footy discussion out of the gossip and new idea style crap.

Look at buddy if they want to discuss his place in the team and structure and discuss how it works great, even if they want to be critical, robust discussion about footy and the club is always welcome, even if its critical.

If they want to pretend they have an inside source who they cant reveal and they cant name names but theres trouble brewing than just shut up. Either say player x and name him says he is angry (even then its a bit gossipy) or shut up and talk about the bloody game

That's pretty much where I sit on the whole thing as well, the annoying thing is you go on to the main board and people actually lap it up.

You can try to ignore it, which is possible, but when it affects your normal media consumption, like listening to SEN, it gets a bit hard to block it out - why should you have to give up shows you like because of a few trolls in the media - bedford's complaint.

No, I think it makes a lot more sense to connect with others who share your complaint so you can at least help each other identify what is worth paying attention to and what is BS. They can be online or offline, but your social circle is a good filter for letting you know if the information matters.

Last edited:
No I don't... would get even less work done!

Last edited:
I haven't bothered with SEN for at least 6 years. Think most of you should the same and if players and coaches are interview listen back once the club puts it up on the website. A good idea that fell flat quickly

just finished watching 360 (thanks big footy, * you foxtel I'm not paying $330 for installation) seriously one of the only things they brought up the swans apart from ROK missing the team was how dare the swans not put buddy up at the battle of the bridge promo.

its a mickey mouse round who gives a s**t? Robbo the worm makes a quip about how buddy wasn't there today its because he'll end up in the papers tomorrow, whitely dismissed it as it should be.

Swans are about the team not about individual players, if robbo and his ilk thin because we pissed away some marketing money on buddy that we will wheeling him out like new car their sadly mistaken. Robbo actually sounded insulted that buddy wasn't present.

I'm with you on Anthony Hudson. Definitely my favourite caller. I don't have heaps of favourites just because I listen to them all too much and the vast majority have habits of speaking that just annoy me. I can like what they say but listening to them is just torture. Gerard Healy is a good example. Interesting thoughts but his drawl just grates on me. Same with Lloyd when he was on TV. Had interesting things to say but his pattern of speech just made me find him insufferable. I do like Dunstall for the most part.

Definitely with you on Taylor, Darcy and Russell. They'd be 3 of my least favourite. Eddie McGuire might be the fourth. Danny Frawley is terrible too, I don't understand how he gets paid to be a commentator. Dull and dumb as a doorknob. Just let him be a clown on that show of his.

Anthony Hudson, Drew Morphett, Mark Maclure, Leigh Matthews in the commentary box and Cam Mooney at Ground Level.

Dislike: D wayne and Matthew Campbell because they are just pure hacks at the role and FOX should get better people in (Matthew Granland being one), BT was good on radio went ok on Fox but went crazy once on 7 trying to be something he isn't, Matthew Lloyd for not being suited for TV and sounding so unsure when he speaks (also doesn't help when he gets most things wrong), Romping Wins for the thread of 2012, Mark McVeigh because "they were all vitamins" and Eddie just because.

Want to see how Jude goes this year before commenting further and also Sandy Roberts if he calls any matches. Did like Tom Harley but seems he is out this year because of his NSW/ACT AFL role.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back