Opinion Swans Talk in the Football Media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Translated: Buddy should be playing for a side that isn't knocking my side out of the 8.

And excuse me but didn't Collingwood target:

Lockett, Brown, and Riewoldt?

Yes, but the board knocked back making Lockett an offer despite Richmond not being able to get a trade done and he didn't want to go up to Sydney. Yes but Brown stayed loyal despite the third party offers from Channel 9 setup by Eddie and yes again but St Kilda wouldn't make the trade.

So bit of a failure of a club at going at the big forwards

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
seriously sick of this prick, might have a go at him on the podcast next time out, wont hold back this time

I thought you already did, can we make this thread an Eddie-free zone please, sick of reading about him and we already have a thread devoted to calling him out on his lies.

I thought you already did, can we make this thread an Eddie-free zone please, sick of reading about him and we already have a thread devoted to calling him out on his lies.

True but he is the footy media at the moment

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Nah Hinds is a melbourne boy and a massive Pies fan. Somehow wrangled a job writing about Sydney sport from Melbourne. Not sure how he managed that, and it seems like the sort of thing he'd be self-righteous about if another journo did it.

I didn't use to mind his stuff, but the past few years he's just turned into a curmudgeonly, predictable old prick. Boring teenaged cynicism and easy sarcasm, and can't seem to find the fun in an industry (and job) that is meaningless fluff, at the end of the day.

This is exactly how I feel about Richard Hinds and his writing. Particularly that 2nd paragraph. Sums him up to a tee.

I don't mind him when I see him on Offsiders because he comes off as far more reasonable and thoughtful to me, but his writing has resorted to pretty insufferable cynicism. Like a 16 year old who has listened to George Carlin and Lenny Bruce a few times, misunderstood 50% of their material and decides to be contrarian to everything.

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
Not much in there other than Damo stating categorically:

"Eddie skimmed some of the money for equalisation off the top for Coll and Haw...and good on him"

um...okay?

And;

"These advantages for the Swans have to go"

They also both believe Eddie is standing up on behalf of all clubs.

So sweet of them to believe that. :p

Gongswan

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2012
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lowndes, Ricciardo
Not much in there other than Damo stating categorically:

"Eddie skimmed some of the money for equalisation off the top for Coll and Haw...and good on him"

um...okay?

And;

"These advantages for the Swans have to go"

They also both believe Eddie is standing up on behalf of all clubs.

So sweet of them to believe that. :p
Brown nosed buggers aren't they

TheWhiteRhino

Premiership Player
Apr 24, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney
Tom Mitchell article - what a hilarious, meaningless piece of "journalism"...

So he's contracted for 2 more years, his father and manager are unaware of any approaches and yet Carlton are circling? And with what exactly? They've got nothing to trade!

DST

Premiership Player
May 1, 2003
In enemy territory
AFL Club
Sydney
Tom Mitchell article - what a hilarious, meaningless piece of "journalism"...

So he's contracted for 2 more years, his father and manager are unaware of any approaches and yet Carlton are circling? And with what exactly? They've got nothing to trade!

Even managed a subtle dig at the COLA as well in the article.

Carlton can circle all they want, give us your first pick and we might consider it.

Nice article on the Buddy deal in the age

The Swans say their 2014 membership tally will hit 40,000 "any day now", a leap of roughly 4000 on the year before (which was coming off a high base after their 2012 flag).

The home crowd of 41,317 at last month's game versus Port Adelaide was the club's biggest at the SCG in almost two decades and fourth largest ever, with average home game attendance up to 32,393 this year, compared to 28,296 for 2013.

Average national TV ratings for Swans games this year sit at 698,929viewers, compared to a 2013 average of 620,238. The aforementioned Port Adelaide match also set a single game record for merchandising sales, with the club on target for their best year of sales ever.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/comment/yo...t-for-swans-20140722-zvaic.html#ixzz389f5dLHf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back