Swans Talk in the Media Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't believe it's actually news, as Soph said on this week's podcast that's the problem with social media these days, things tend to get blown out of proportion, people will forget about it soon enough.

Beg to differ RW. I never forget. I'm still stewing over the Pies' banner calling us the "Northern Darlings" in 2003 :D

Robbo pretty good on Goodes, I reckon

Seems to be the only journo around who has brain and can see the situation for what it is his AOTY off-field acheivement has nothing to do with what he does on the field.

Selwood(i know of all ppl) on 360 tonight said jimmy can be forgiven for his dive because he has "credits in the bank" so you can stage but don't stage to much :drunk:

Selwood(i know of all ppl) on 360 tonight said jimmy can be forgiven for his dive because he has "credits in the bank" so you can stage but don't stage to much :drunk:
I would have to agree. I would bet my house that every AFL player has staged, dived and played for a free that wasn't there or was borderline there. Some (Thomas) do it a lot more than other and at a higher level, but everyone has done it. Why? Because when it works, you feel like a king for playing the rules and getting an advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing with this whole Goodes diving thing is he shouldn't being doing it because it looks disgraceful for a champion of the game in the twilight of his career to being doing it but who the **** do these completely soulless clueless pricks like John Ralph or Shane Warne think they are calling him out ? :rolleyes: Ralph should be selling ******* copies of
The Big Issue outside Flinders St Station and Warne has about as much moral Fibre as Peter Foster that herbal tea weight loss selling ****wit who tried burying his head in Samantha Fox's Edgar Britts. **** em I say Adam, come out this week and stick it up these cynical ****** and play the way we know you can, the way that has had Swans supporters young and old for the best part of 14 or 15 years Lauding the feats of their Champion No 37.

Herald Sun has an article out this morning with our mate Eddie, Garry Lyon and Matthew Lloyd all discussing Goodes "staging and diving" tactics.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...am-goodes-diving/story-fni5fan7-1227044213712
and so it continues..

Nothing wrong with milking free kicks. Although Goodes looked liked he'd been shot on Saturday and needs to tone it down.

Watch the North v Demons and the commentators were imploring Jack Watts to grab the umpries attention when he was being man handled (Wells held his Watts arm at a marking contest close to goals and Watts couldn't take the mark and didn't make a fuss of it, ump called play on).

Players can't win.

I have nothing negative to say about Goodes. Because to say what I think about diving puts me in the same corner as Eddie, Ralph and all the other borderline bigots waiting to dance on his grave at the earliest opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back