Swans Talk in the Media Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I agree with them. It's a pretty bad look.

He costs himself and the team every time he does it, while he's on the ground pretending to be in the WWE the other boys are still in the contest scrapping and fighting for the ball.

Get up and help them.

Did they show another angle on the Goodes dive? im not convinced there wasn't a palm to the throat/nose which running into it would hurt like hell.

I saw it, he copped a knock, but he wasn't shot like he acted and has done so several times

I love the bloke but he plays for frees its undeniable

Thats the thing Parker mentioned on radio "we dont like it as it takes the player out of the contest" Selwood does it really well gets the free without losing possession.

Be interesting to see Goodes on the weekend reckon Longmire would of had a word to him.

dunno? its not something new though

Toss up what is worse though, Goodes diving like he did or the BS media reporting around it

Obviously Goodes shouldn't be playing for frees, it's a bad habit and I don't like it in his game, but the media are clearly using it as an excuse to lay into him.

Obviously Goodes shouldn't be playing for frees, it's a bad habit and I don't like it in his game, but the media are clearly using it as an excuse to lay into him.

People just dont wanna admit it publicly but the crux of the issue is he pointed out a 13yr old white girl for calling him a ape, this is where the hatred is coming from.

The crowd booing for no reason is the fallout from that incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a champion player who also happens to be the current AOTY, and plays for a club that is not exactly popular in Melbourne right now for obvious reasons.

The criticism he's copping at the moment is way out of proportion to anything he's actually done, but the reality is the more successful you become, the more scrutiny you face for your actions.

The race thing is a different topic, he has been quite outspoken about indigenous affairs which is obviously going to make some people uncomfortable, but it's not the only factor at play.

Was reading the AFL's Facebook post with the release of the AA squad. One particular comment refers to Goodes belonging in the zoo. Sad thing is the number of likes it has and the number of people just as willing to continue with the slurs. If I could be ****ed I would screen shot the post of the guy, look up the contact details of his employer and send a nice little not asking whether they are supportive of individuals advertising they work for their company while racially vilifying people in public.

More disappointing is that the comment hasn't been removed and there is no way of reporting it.

Matthew lloyd is a fine one to talk he did it for his whole career.

Well, he is an expert on the matter.

As for Goodes, I don't like seeing him play for frees. Footy's a contact sport, he can't expect to get a clear run at the ball.

It seems like he's frequently being beaten to the ball by a quicker, more mobile opponent and tries to milk a free out of it. Just go at the ball and beat your man, don't look for the umps to bail you out.

Just seems like he lacks the agility to go at the ball and beat his opponent these days. He tends to rely on his ability to read the play and win the ball on the run / in the air, when it hits the ground he's looking a little like LRT these days.

I know, it's blasphemous, but I had to say it

If exaggerating contact gets more kicks than not exaggerating, then you shrug off the criticism and move on. I don't see it as any worse than forcing a tackle to go high or diving head first to cop a knock.

I think the Goodes criticism is justified my view is he has been doing this for a while and finally he had been caught out. Dont get me wrong I love Goodsie but he needs to just play the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back