Swans Talk in the Media Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They took the lead in the 3rd without Rioli, Mitchell, Hodge, Shiels, Lake, Spangher and a injured Gibson off the field.

Thats 7 of their best 22 out and we only scrapped over the line at home with our best 22.

Swans kick straight early and don't butcher the ******* thing as we did for the majority of the season and the result would have been a 10+ goal win. Considering the horrid ball use for the majority of the year to finish 17-5 minor premiers would say there is a lot of upside with improvement in skills and decision making. Hawthorn are very good no doubt but their dominance over Sydney is largely in part to what goes on in the coaching box not personel.

Swans kick straight early and don't butcher the ******* thing as we did for the majority of the season and the result would have been a 10+ goal win. Considering the horrid ball use for the majority of the year to finish 17-5 minor premiers would say there is a lot of upside with improvement in skills and decision making. Hawthorn are very good no doubt but their dominance over Sydney is largely in part to what goes on in the coaching box not personel.

Yer but thats the enigma of Franklin can kick them from the boundary but miss straight infront :p

What she said was 100% accurate, good on her

Ironic thing is where did she get the comment from ? You would presume she would not know s**t from clay when it come to the roles of an AFL midfield from a game point of view. My guess is her partner has potted them to her as soon as he had the chance. Lets face it he probably had a right to but when you get beat like that it is one in all in and everybody carries the can. She should probably stick to what ever she does. Btw what the **** does she do ?
Another Lara Bingle is exactly what the Swans need.:rolleyes: F Grade celebrities trying to have their 15 minutes.

Ironic thing is where did she get the comment from ? You would presume she would not know s**t from clay when it come to the roles of an AFL midfield from a game point of view. My guess is her partner has potted them to her as soon as he had the chance. Lets face it he probably had a right to but when you get beat like that it is one in all in and everybody carries the can. She should probably stick to what ever she does. Btw what the **** does she do ?
Another Lara Bingle is exactly what the Swans need.:rolleyes: F Grade celebrities trying to have their 15 minutes.
You're kidding right, similar comments were used by many including myself from half way through the second quarter. Similarly, things like that were being said all over social media of which Jacinta is a prevalent user. If the other wives are seriously upset about it, i'd say get life.

Ironic thing is where did she get the comment from ? You would presume she would not know s**t from clay when it come to the roles of an AFL midfield from a game point of view. My guess is her partner has potted them to her as soon as he had the chance. Lets face it he probably had a right to but when you get beat like that it is one in all in and everybody carries the can.

That is a good point, but part of me is kind of glad she said it, it's what we were all thinking. Not overly fussed about it myself.

Could have at least got their selection order right.

Smacks of an article pre-written before bidding took place. Imagine if we had passed on Davis & Hiscox? Ralphy would have had to write an article based on actual events instead of phoning it in Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smacks of an article pre-written before bidding took place. Imagine if we had passed on Davis & Hiscox? Ralphy would have had to write an article based on actual events instead of phoning it in Friday night.

Seems like he phoned it in anyway.

Seriously, how hard is football journalism in regards to trade week, when for the most it is all visible.

Would've taken all of 20 seconds to get the picks right, cookie cutter style

"Further enraging heartland clubs" for picking up the players that we are allowed to pick because we have developed them ourselves, had a good laugh at that one.

I know!! What the six teams in other states think is apparently irrelevant. Just hang your Melbourne bias out for all to see Ralphy.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-06/academy-is-fair-swans

Smith has little interest in most of the criticism from elsewhere.

"A lot of the commentary, I don't give it too much consideration, because you start to realise they don't understand the circumstances," Smith said.

"It's a bit like me commenting on something that's happening in Adelaide or WA – I'm not totally up to speed.

"But a lot of the commentary gives no regard to the environment that we're in.

"I don't take it too seriously to be honest.

so expect a lot of mal squeezed by buddy and tippett today

The Swans are well ahead of the bell curve.

We saw the writing on the wall in 2009. Planned for a Tippett style trade in 2011. Got our man and a surprise Premiership to boot.

But the idea purported in the media that we sold the farm for Tippett and Buddy doesn't pass muster for me.

Since 2012 we've brought in Mitchell, Lloyd, Cunningham, Towers, Xavier, Rampe

Question Marks: Marsh (the forgotten man), Robinson, Naismith, BJack, Jones, Hewett, Nanka, Aliir Aliir, Perris, Biggs

Busts so far: Dick (gone), Membrey (gone), Patrick (int rookie)

Depth/mature additions: Tippo, Buddy, Laidler, Drex

Losses during period from previous periods: Lamb, ROK, LRT, Andrejs, Mal, Mummy, Jude, Seaby, Moore, Mattner, Morton, White, Armstrong, +4(?) draftees

Might have missed someone. But the gist is there.

So a lot of ageing talent and experience gone. But what occurred during this 'depth' crisis? We made a prelim with massive injuries in 2013 and a Gf with limited injuries in 2014.

It's working so far it seems?

Last edited:
The Swans are well ahead of the bell curve.

We saw the writing on the wall in 2009. Planned for a Tippett style trade in 2011. Got our man and a surprise Premiership to boot.

But the idea purported in the media that we sold the farm for Tippett and Buddy doesn't pass muster for me.

Since 2012 we've brought in Mitchell, Lloyd, Cunningham, Towers, Xavier, Rampe

Question Marks: Marsh (the forgotten man), Robinson, Naismith, BJack, Jones, Hewett, Nanka, Aliir Aliir, Perris, Biggs

Busts so far: Dick (gone), Membrey (gone), Patrick (int rookie)

Depth/mature additions: Tippo, Buddy, Laidler, Drex

Losses during period from previous periods: Lamb, ROK, LRT, Andrejs, Mal, Mummy, Jude, Seaby, Moore +3 draftees, Mattner, Morton, White, Armstrong

Might have missed someone. But the gist is there.

So a lot of ageing talent and experience gone. But what occurred during this 'depth' crisis? We made a prelim with massive injuries in 2013 and a Gf with limited injuries in 2014.

It's working so far it seems?

plus the 2015 list is not finalised yet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-06/academy-is-fair-swans

Smith has little interest in most of the criticism from elsewhere.

"A lot of the commentary, I don't give it too much consideration, because you start to realise they don't understand the circumstances," Smith said.

"It's a bit like me commenting on something that's happening in Adelaide or WA – I'm not totally up to speed.

"But a lot of the commentary gives no regard to the environment that we're in.

"I don't take it too seriously to be honest.
Chris Smith is a no nonsense, tell it like it is kind of guy. That's extremely restrained for him and he's done well to keep it controlled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back