Swans Talk in the Media Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

FWIW Barrett and Wallace saying that we will fall down over the next few years due to not being able to bring in players to replace needs etc etc which Sydney have done so well in the last 10+ years.

Said Pyke 31 , Teddy 32 etc cant just be replaced with Kids etc.

Both were on our side though but they really don't know whats going to happen like most atm.

FWIW Barrett and Wallace saying that we will fall down over the next few years due to not being able to bring in players to replace needs etc etc which Sydney have done so well in the last 10+ years.

Both were on our side though but they really don't know whats going to happen like most atm.

Potentially stuffs the buddy years up

Afl would like us to not win a flag with him i suspect

Potentially stuffs the buddy years up

Afl would like us to not win a flag with him i suspect
Just shits me that we are in our premiership and we cant go and replace a Richards etc.

IF Ted falls of the cliff ( Pyke could also ) it will shut very quick not just next but the year after , not being able to bring anyone in is farked simple as that.

To have XR/Aliir step up if they have to is seriously not what they would have wanted , there not ready imo.

Just shits me that we are in our premiership and we cant go and replace a Richards etc.

IF Ted falls of the cliff ( Pyke could also ) it will shut very quick not just next but the year after , not being able to bring anyone in is farked simple as that.

To have XR/Aliir step up if they have to is seriously not what they would have wanted , there not ready imo.

They simply have to be ready.

It is not a choice. It is tough on them but one of those two has to be that guy and deliver.

Welcome to life kids, lucky this is only a game.

The thing that does get me though is I cannot recall, and I have been trying, a more blatant attempt by a controlling body in sport to actually engineer a teams fall or demise like this.

It is so sad that basically, and let's be clear perfectly honest, the inability of Buckley to coach a talented list with every advantage at his fingertips has pushed one man to destroy a rival cheered on by others that will profit from his actions as well.

If this was fiction you would applaud the audacity of the plot and laugh at the transparent nature of the treachery. Real life has ways to make fiction look amateurish though doesn't it.

They actually have a point this time as trading as been such a big part of why the Swans have not fallen down the ladder in so long.

They actually have a point this time as trading as been such a big part of why the Swans have not fallen down the ladder in so long.
For most I did agree as its clear cut.

The older blokes drop off/injury which happens ala ROK and we might decline sooner rather than later.

What do they expect Ted/Reg to play for ever or Shaw etc and expect 17 yo to come in a replace some of the bat

Se should have turnedup and won this one !

No fear Punts.
We have built a culture over the last 10 years where our players love this scenario.
Under the radar is a term that has been thrown our way each time we have struck for a p'ship.
Under the radar is where we are at our best & under the radar we are going.
Our administration & coaches will make the most of this situation as they have done thus far & will embarrass the rest of the competition by showing what resilience & culture does for a club.

In 3 years time, Eddie the fat f o k will be asking his mistress Gil, to remove our SACCA!
Self Accumulated Club Culture Allowance!
Go Bloods!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally, a favourable article about us on the official AFL website!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-12/after-the-siren-silly-season

Almost a sidebar to the trade week was the AFL's move to disallow the Sydney Swans from bringing players into their club through trade or free agency for the next two years unless they bring an immediate end to the Cost of Living Allowance.

It is a stunning decision, which should end any perception once and for all that the Swans hold 'favoured club' status within the corridors of the AFL.

It was also a surprise move, because the initial and correct decision by the League earlier this year to bring COLA to a close as part of the new equalisation policies was seen to bring closure to the measure that was necessary when the Swans were a frontier club that few wanted to play for, but not so once they became a destination club that leading uncontracted players would scheme to get to.

But this latest directive from the AFL is a step too far. COLA was an AFL creation, not one of the Swans or the Brisbane Lions before them. And like it or not, the Swans kept to the rules of COLA, if not always in spirit, at least according to the letter of the law.

But they've been short-changed by a puzzling decision, one that shapes as decision-making on the fly that unless I've missed something, not even the noisy Victorian lobby was calling to happen.

It's disgusting that one of the most ridiculous mistakes by the AFL is allowed to just happen without so much as a whimper in the media.

I can see it now... Caro and co reading the AFL updates and seeing the commission statement. They take it in for a second, shake their head and think/say "shyyiiiitttt", then immediately flick to the next news item and completely forget about it because while they see the farce that is the AFL Commission decision they dislike Sydney's success so much that they'd rather just ignore it and let it happen rather than have to write about it and potentially defend Sydney publicly. God forbid, their opinion and writing could even reverse or change the AFL stance and mean Sydney isn't completely ruined... Wouldn't want that now would they, what would they write about for the next few years? They're going to want to analyse our success and conclude it must've been COLA, look at our drop off once we lost it (not mentioning the decline had anything to do with this ridiculous punishment for following the flamin fu**in rules!)

he was spot on with his assessment of the capitulation, but it begs the question. why did we go into the 2012 gf with the right mindset and not in the 2014. the same reason we won it in 12 was the reason we lost it in 2014. hopefully the team will be under no illusions about whats required in 2015.

i will say though, based on balance, 2014 was the perfect opportunity and we let ot slip. hope we see a couple young guys force their way into the side. I'd be a little concerned if i saw shaw there come finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back