Status
Not open for further replies.

cherub

All Australian
Aug 12, 2009
Shenton Park
AFL Club
Sydney
Horse in London to speak at Performance Summit next month. Thereby providing a perfectly legitimate reason for turning down the International Rules coaching offer.:p

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/jo...er-arsene-wenger/story-e6frf7jo-1227101375070
And not wanting to participate in an event with the lying, self-serving, underhand, dishonest, controlling lowlife Maguire is not legitimate?????
I would see the performance Summit as simply Horse has better, more worthwhile, things to do.

Longmire said the Team "went through a similar ( review ) process" after the loss to North in R4.

I guess how we react and what we do from here on in we will have to see.

The players have been on their leave , so now they will be back and ready to go and jumping out of our skin to have a good pre season and attack the season again.

Said Reid battled most of the year with his knee , but now has had it cleaned up and should be much fitter.

Before Swansfan51 quotes me I agree we wont action come R1 , talk is cheap.

Big pre season will be a start though

nottenthagain

All Australian
Oct 11, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Just you watch them. :(

I don't think they can go that hard and not cop a thrashing TBH. Any rule you apply to the academy must be a blanket rule across the Giants, Suns, Brisbane and us, all 4 of the 'outpost' clubs have a huge role to play in this one. Plus, if you lose market in Sydney and Brisbane then your next television deal is seriously compromised.

The argument is obviously GWS and the Suns don't have access to F/S where as Sydney and Brisbane do, but then to give them open access to the whole state would be laughable. It'll come down to something like the Swans and Brisbane can only take 3 over a two year period but no more than 2 in a single year, GWS and the Suns can take 5 over the same period but no more than 3 in a single year. Anything above a theoretical 10 pick+ upgrade requires you to concede your next pick... lord know how you determine that value... it shouldn't be via other clubs bidding because then it becomes strategic for later round picks and the potential for trades to happen

Anyway, I think we'll get them, we might need to forgo the rest of the draft pool but then who cares, I'll cop that. Mills, Dunkley and Naismith off the rookie list sounds like a very good draft to me.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
A lot of support for us on SEN today from KB, Pat Smith and Daniel Harford who said the Polo boy will regret what he said. Then some henry the third called Keith from Yarra Glen rings up to say we stockpile our COLA. Tried to get on but couldn't , might try tomorrow.No one in the media down here can believe this ban, all behind us for once.

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney

Fitzgerald added Eade has “had more comebacks than Johnny Farnham” and that his appointment was a “step backwards for the Suns”.

I always find it interesting to hear, whether they are right or wrong, what former players think of their coaches (and occasionally their former teammates).
Just underlines the myth that clubs are somehow this harmonious group all together for the cause with the one aim.

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
Eade was not loved by the time he left. I was a big fan of what he did for the club in the 90's. But he would have destroyed us in the 00's if he'd been allowed to stay.

Leg End

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Eade was not loved by the time he left. I was a big fan of what he did for the club in the 90's. But he would have destroyed us in the 00's if he'd been allowed to stay.

Has always intrigued me how a proper coach can preach discipline to his players then spend two hours ranting and smashing phones in the coaches box.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Hopefully Eade has improved in recent years as from what I have heard from Fitzgerald and a few other players of that era Eade was very abusive. He used to go off at Luff all the time. It isn't good for a club for the players to be constantly put down by their coach.

I would actually be really interested in hearing Goodes opinion on this. I mean I don't expect he will give it but I would love to know what he thinks.

Hopefully Eade has improved in recent years as from what I have heard from Fitzgerald and a few other players of that era Eade was very abusive. He used to go off at Luff all the time. It isn't good for a club for the players to be constantly put down by their coach.

I would actually be really interested in hearing Goodes opinion on this. I mean I don't expect he will give it but I would love to know what he thinks.
In MickeyO's autobiography he mentions Eade as having some frayed edges and a temper but generally he reflects on him in a good light. Obviously some players respond well to his style of coaching. Mick specifically mentions Eade's treatment of Goodes not being overly friendly in his book. The tough task master tag is certainly what has stuck to Eade. Much like Pagan.

I liked Eade as a head coach and liked him as our coach. The only think I think that held him back a bit was the whole "losing the playing group" which probably reflected on his abrasive personality and coaching style. I hope he has learnt a bit and can handle himself a bit better now. I'd like to see him be successful as a senior coach, maybe lead the Suns to their first premiership. He certainly has a good base to build from thanks to McKenna and co. They have a good solid young list splattered with good leaders the likes of Gablett and Risca.Hopefully he doesn't decimate the list in trying to get to that premiership though....

Leg End

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
In MickeyO's autobiography he mentions Eade as having some frayed edges and a temper but generally he reflects on him in a good light. Obviously some players respond well to his style of coaching. Mick specifically mentions Eade's treatment of Goodes not being overly friendly in his book. The tough task master tag is certainly what has stuck to Eade. Much like Pagan.

I liked Eade as a head coach and liked him as our coach. The only think I think that held him back a bit was the whole "losing the playing group" which probably reflected on his abrasive personality and coaching style. I hope he has learnt a bit and can handle himself a bit better now. I'd like to see him be successful as a senior coach, maybe lead the Suns to their first premiership. He certainly has a good base to build from thanks to McKenna and co. They have a good solid young list splattered with good leaders the likes of Gablett and Risca.Hopefully he doesn't decimate the list in trying to get to that premiership though....

Dont want to be too over the top - but I really don't give s**t about any other teams than the Swans, and what affects the Swans.

SilentHunter_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 15, 2014
Terra firma
AFL Club
Sydney
NRL clubs have a poor deal with ANZ just like AFL clubs at Etihad.
No doubt NRL is putting pressure on ANZ management for a better deal etc.
Swans likewise by threatening to take games away from ANZ are putting pressure on for a better deal.
lol@ANZ

NRL clubs have a poor deal with ANZ just like AFL clubs at Etihad.
No doubt NRL is putting pressure on ANZ management for a better deal etc.
Swans likewise by threatening to take games away from ANZ are putting pressure on for a better deal.

Pretty confident we are just using ANZ as a bargaining chip to get an better contract at the SCG, in the late 90's it was nearly impossible for us to get a decent profit out of the SCG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back