Swans Talk in the Media Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it was yesterday. Respect has nothing to do with it. Why does respect for a dead cricketer mean that people can't discuss something entirely unrelated?

Hey, someone somewhere died just as you typed that. You better knock it off, or else.

Or else what?

Exactly.

Last edited:
I know it was yesterday. Respect has nothing to do with it. Why does respect for a dead cricketer mean that people can't discuss something entirely unrelated?
Where did I say they couldn't, I said at the moment who cares. Where did I say you or anyone else can't discuss it ! where do we get them

Where did I say they couldn't, I said at the moment who cares. Where did I say you or anyone else can't discuss it ! where do we get them
What's the point of you coming in and saying who cares completely unprompted, and then following it up talking about respect?

I think we're done with this discussion thanks Kummerspeck

Twice, the 2012 and 2014 Prelim Finals

41 matches so far with 11 over 50,000 and no Home and Away game over 50,000 since 2008.

The problem AFL has is that it gets huge TV rights deals.
Why? to encourage fans NOT to go to games, but to stay home and watch TV plus the advertising that goes with it.

If you go to a game, you are hurting the sponsors who give the game money.
If you stay home, you are contributing to weaker crowds.

Just on the stadium size - I don't think playing out of a 50k stadium is going to have any impact on the growth of the club or the game. There's no better advertisement for the Swans and the game as a whole than a packed out SCG. That Port Adelaide game this year was incredible. The fact that we'll hopefully be able to get more of them per year once we're back at the SCG full time is good news.

If you're packing out the stadium each week, it becomes a hot ticket. People in this city love a hot ticket. They will probably have to cap Sydney-based memberships at some point though, although we're probably only at around 28k now.

Just on the stadium size - I don't think playing out of a 50k stadium is going to have any impact on the growth of the club or the game. There's no better advertisement for the Swans and the game as a whole than a packed out SCG. That Port Adelaide game this year was incredible. The fact that we'll hopefully be able to get more of them per year once we're back at the SCG full time is good news.

If you're packing out the stadium each week, it becomes a hot ticket. People in this city love a hot ticket. They will probably have to cap Sydney-based memberships at some point though, although we're probably only at around 28k now.

True.
I like the idea of ANZ paying us to play at their stadium if we expect an 80,000+ crowd.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner!!!!

True.
I like the idea of ANZ paying us to play at their stadium if we expect an 80,000+ crowd.
Exactly. Port and even the Crows have managed to make what was just about free entry at AAMI into the "hot ticket" with the new Adel Oval. Yeah ok, many people wanted to go to have a look at the upgraded ground. But by the end of the year a ticket was hot property because it was the place to be. Everyone was doing it. Even the Crows, after a fairly 'down' year were still managing to maintain numbers through the idea that a day out at the oval with some mates was a convenient good value for money thing to do before popping into town... Fantastic appeal to the target demographic.

That is what the SCG needs to try to replicate. We have Buddy to drag bums to seats... Combine that with more top 4/premiership contention and a re-vamped SCG I hope we can create our own buzz just like the clubs have over here in SA. 20-30k in the SCG looks more exicting and tempting than at ANZ, this alone should hopefully lift the image of the product we provide. A big empty stadium adds zero atmosphere and reduces the level of excitement at attending. I can't understand how you could ever think regular home & away matches at ANZ are worthwhile while we have the mighty SCG waiting to provide the atmosphere and image of a packed out fun exciting product in comparison with the same numbers....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. Port and even the Crows have managed to make what was just about free entry at AAMI into the "hot ticket" with the new Adel Oval. Yeah ok, many people wanted to go to have a look at the upgraded ground. But by the end of the year a ticket was hot property because it was the place to be. Everyone was doing it. Even the Crows, after a fairly 'down' year were still managing to maintain numbers through the idea that a day out at the oval with some mates was a convenient good value for money thing to do before popping into town... Fantastic appeal to the target demographic.

That is what the SCG needs to try to replicate. We have Buddy to drag bums to seats... Combine that with more top 4/premiership contention and a re-vamped SCG I hope we can create our own buzz just like the clubs have over here in SA. 20-30k in the SCG looks more exicting and tempting than at ANZ, this alone should hopefully lift the image of the product we provide. A big empty stadium adds zero atmosphere and reduces the level of excitement at attending. I can't understand how you could ever think regular home & away matches at ANZ are worthwhile while we have the mighty SCG waiting to provide the atmosphere and image of a packed out fun exciting product in comparison with the same numbers....
I would also love to see Sunday afternoons at the SCG again. Why did they flick those?

I would also love to see Sunday afternoons at the SCG again. Why did they flick those?

They traditionally don't have as strong attendance or viewership than Friday nights or Saturday nights, which we now play the majority of our games on given our strong form and news-making over the last few years.

It's a good thing in terms of how many people want to watch us and how much money we bring in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back