News Swans Talk in the Media Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a big headed flog like his mate Brayshaw and I don't respect his opinion. Its all about the BLOODS culture, he has to write a story everyweek. Well its time to stick it up these flogs

Either of them still married?

Garry lyon is the worst footy player ive ever met, havent met many to be fair, but arrogant prick

It really was. He answered nothing and made it sound like the trade ban was the Swans idea.

AFL: We're going to take away COLA in 2 months time & oh hay! sorry it'll mean you're breaking all contracts with your existing players. Good luck with the legal bill.

Swans: Why don't you throw in banning us from trading as well you lunatics!

AFL: OMG! Best idea evah!

You mean that sort of swans idea?

Came back to bigfooty for the first time in ages (since my post GF thoughts coincidentally!), only to read that Garry Lyon article and remember why I stayed far, far away over the summer. He quite enjoyed stomping on that raw nerve didn't he? :(

I'm assuming that had been his intention, but rationally, causation isn't correlation and a two game sample size won't define the future of a club that has performed exceedingly well for the best part of 19 years. Good luck with that.

I'm certainly not making any excuses for that unmentionable performance, believe me I wish it was not so thoroughly seared into my retina :$. However, don't degrade what had been till that last day, a year of greatness for this club, into something not worthy of some mythical culture. Eugh.

Central point I'll keep going back to regarding the trading ban is if both us and the Giants are having COLA removed along the same timeframe and a trade ban was required for us, then the same ban should be required for the Giants. Hence why Gil's suggestion we asked for it is misleading and false on many levels.

You can't change a cap rule for two clubs and then ban one club over it's enforcement while letting the other trade in experienced players like Ryan Griffin and Joel Patful (who up until trade week believed he was heading to the Swans).

The message, the timing, the bypassing of the AFLPA and now outright lies tell the true story.

The only come back we have is on the playing field. I hope the club can bottle it and let it out on the opposition. Maybe a siege mentality is what we need (insert mental image of skinny Jetta in a ripped top punching above his weight). Swans were always respected for their fight. I want to see that back this year.

Paolucci may be gone, but this new guy doing the videos has quickly perfected her inane questioning and constant nodding. Good to see such a smooth transition

Paolucci may be gone, but this new guy doing the videos has quickly perfected her inane questioning and constant nodding. Good to see such a smooth transition
It may have looked like nodding but in fact she was trying to maintain eye contact with Horse, who is approximately 5 and a half feet taller than her, but having to rest her neck every few seconds due to the strain.

Shits me to tears none of it is being uploaded to the SwansTV YouTube page. So much more convenient than going to the club website overtime there's a new video.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the two year trade ban, am I right in saying we got a heavier punishment than Essendon even though we didn't cheat or do anything wrong at all?

With the two year trade ban, am I right in saying we got a heavier punishment than Essendon even though we didn't cheat or do anything wrong at all?
From memory:

Swans:
- Banned from all trading for 1 year
- Regulated trading for 1 year

Bombers:
- Coach suspended
- $2,000,000 fine
- Bunch of others in the club fined

Would being fined and losing Horse for 1 year be worse than not trading for 2 years?

http://m.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/are-the-swans-still-true-bloods-20150327-1m91cr.html

Cutting article on SMH. They're right about Buddy though, he was the one of few who looked like he was putting himself on the line that day.
A few people here bagging Lyon's opinion as an outsider.

It cuts both ways, I'm afraid. Lyon wrote a very strong article in praise of the Bloods culture early last year when all eyes were on us because of Franklin. I agreed with every word of it, and the fact that it came from an outsider with no vested interest in the Swans' success whatsoever gave added weight (I linked to it more than once on the main board last year when certain penisheads were proclaiming the Bloods Culture a myth).

But you can't have it both ways. You can't now say he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I personally agree with pretty much every word of this latest article. I agree with others that the poor showing in Round 1 is a long stretch indeed to the GF and its implications for the strength of the club's ethic, but that aside, the fact remains, that GF was PATHETIC.

Someone said there have been worse GF losses in the club's history. I wasn't around for 1899 (one point- ouch!), 1907, 1912, 1914, 1934, 1936 or 1945. But I was for '96 and '06 and I can say that last year sucked the most.

'96 wasn't a patch on the humiliation of 2014.

'06 was an incredible match and an honourable defeat.

But last year - THE FIGHTBACK NEVER CAME. NEVER.

Just pathetic, and I'm still pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back