News Swans Talk in the Media Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah going to set to record just in case i miss it. Probably a big build up for nothing but at least if he gives him a real clip, the draft penalty might be questioned by the media again, despite the clubs it's done stance.

It was as expected. Longmire could have hammered the message home but went soft. Why don't Swans management go in hard on this topic? Some goes for the trading ban.

ABC Grandstand The Huddle: Port v Swans go to:19:26 http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-12/sunday-huddle-april-12/6386830
Summary: Hard working Swans defence. Teddy outstanding. Swans pace.
Interview with Dane Rampe: What was said about last year? Dane: We said stuff - its our business not yours:p Am paraphrasing a little but heh. was funny

Last edited:
wrap up from this mornings footy shows anyone?
From what I can remember, majority of the talk was about the immense tackling pressure we put on all across the field. Talked up Franklin and his running , chasing and tackling with hon. mention to Tippet for his tackling. Kennedy acknowledged as G.O.A.T in contested clearances. Jack, Hanners and Parker praised. Gameday Jude said he had no issue with Goodes as sub and just hopes he hasn't gone one year too many. Sunday Footy Show all asked why managing players like Goodes through subbing is frowned upon. Said it is a smart thing to do with such talent, that Goodes has earned the right (don't necessarily agree with that angle) and suggested the strategy be given time before making judgement.

ABC Grandstand The Huddle: Port v Swans go to:19:26 http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-12/sunday-huddle-april-12/6386830
Interview with Dane Rampe: What was said about last year? Dane: We said stuff - its our business not yours:p Am paraphrasing a little but heh. was funny

Good stuff... thank you.
Really like ramps as a footballer.... just the right dose of swag as well.

Interesting what he said about horse.... read that he acknowledged his shortcomings as well.

Would much prefer to see our guys play like they did on Saturday and lose than some of the airy fairy performances last year that resulted in wins

Nathan Burke didn't bring back his hair-brained theory that our midfielders are more interested in winning 30 possessions and 4 tackles than 20 and 8.

What a deadshit thought that was.

Nathan Burke didn't bring back his hair-brained theory that our midfielders are more interested in winning 30 possessions and 4 tackles than 20 and 8.

What a deadshit thought that was.

At least have the guts to be consistent

Media change their minds week to week

At least have the guts to be consistent

Media change their minds week to week

I think your second statement is the really important one. I don't think many of these deadshit members of the media mean to backflip and conveniently forget what they said the week before so much. I don't think it's a lack of guts to be consistent, although the result is that they are inconsistent. I think there just aren't many journalists who are genuinely insightful and thoughtful about the game, so their thoughts are a dime-a-dozen and they're not particularly wedded to anything.

It's a real differentiation between AFL's media and, say, the media who cover the NBA in America. Of course, a greater population and a much greater media machine will pump out more qualified people but some of the best journalists over there are so good at what they do when it comes to providing interesting, unique, thoughtful commentary. When you compare them to the Jay Clarks, Damian Barretts, Mark Robinsons and Jon Ralphs of the AFL world, we are really let down.

Forgot to post this earlier. Dane Rampe talking about his 50th game. Here's a good quote to take to the main board if you're inclined ;)

"I'm very lucky with the way it all worked out, but I would have loved the academy there to give me that genuine black and white pathway," Rampe says. "It gives young guys confidence knowing that there is a definite route to go down. You know the right people are going to be looking at you and you'll get a fair go."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...entation-at-alltime-high-20150410-1micob.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will just say we have too much access to the nsw talent and rampe should be at the saints or someone s**t
Can see why Eddie is cheesed off with us now ""I'm very lucky with the way it all worked out, but I would have loved the academy there to give me that genuine black and white pathway," Rampe says.

"the Swans will have some tough questions to ask themselves at the completion of their game against the Power on the same night"

Swans Question is: Next!?

Chinese or Indian Kizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back