News Swans Talk in the Media Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think their argument (which I think does have merit) was that if they had won, it wouldn't improve their position, that's why they've requested to rest players. If they were to beat Richmond tonight and both the Bulldogs and Crows win, they would probably still be 8th as their percentage is 12% worse than Richmond's.

What people are up in arms about is that this has likely gifted Richmond a home final which would otherwise have been up for grabs if North won tonight. Why should North, a team in 8th place that most likely can't get a home final even if they win, gain an advantage at the expense of the team in 7th place that mathematically still can?

(Btw - it's not North's fault as they're just looking out for themselves - but can understand why some are unhappy with the AFL's decision)

The AFL's decision is completely the opposite of it's rules.
I don't care whether North or anyone else rest players, that is their choice, but the AFL are made to look like incompetent fools once again, going against their own rules.

KB on SEN is 100% correct. Sub rule was brought in to counter the disadvantage when a player gets injured early in the game.

The entire rule was a kneejerk reaction to one game.

Carlton v Essendon 2011 when the Bombers lost Winderlich and Dempsey(?) to ACL injuries in the first quarter.

He's proved a quite a few wrong this past month (including me). Still think I would prefer McGlynn in a final though.

An in form McGlynn yes but B.Jack has proven he belongs at an AFL level. He just needs to find a way so he can average over 20 disposals a game. If he finds the ball more he will guarantee his spot in the best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice interview on AFL360 with Pykey!
And Congrats mate. AFLPA .Education and Training Excellence Award.
What we learned: 6 years of study in Finance. Commerce Masters. Interning @ Citibank and another merchant bank.
Got 2 kids! now and the family are staying in Aust at end of playing days.

Caroline Wilson in The Age, Adam Goodes set to depart game without the ceremony his career deserves.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/adam-goodes-set-to-depart-game-without-the-ceremony-his-career-deserves-20150918-gjq4fe.html#ixzz3m91sZ4lc

Made me angry and sick at heart reading it.

Happy for Adam that he is set up for life post-football.

First article about Adam all year that didn't slip in an excuse for why he was booed (diving, sniping etc). I tip my hat to Caro for that.

Too little too late from the media, though.

Social Media runs the agenda in footy these days. And Fairfax are just as deeply to blame as any outlet for their policy of reporting what trolls on social media post as if they are newsworthy all damn year.

The Buddy 'rumours' is another classic example. A reputable organization would never take hatemongering on a social forum and quote it to the point that the targets of that hatred are forced to make comments, or those close to them are forced to offer denials.

ABFL media can get stuffed.

Caroline Wilson in The Age, Adam Goodes set to depart game without the ceremony his career deserves.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/adam-goodes-set-to-depart-game-without-the-ceremony-his-career-deserves-20150918-gjq4fe.html#ixzz3m91sZ4lc

Made me angry and sick at heart reading it.

Happy for Adam that he is set up for life post-football.

Have to agree, makes you sad to think about how he has been treated.

I'm sure he'll come out the other end a much better man than this county deserves

First article about Adam all year that didn't slip in an excuse for why he was booed (diving, sniping etc). I tip my hat to Caro for that.

Too little too late from the media, though.

Social Media runs the agenda in footy these days. And Fairfax are just as deeply to blame as any outlet for their policy of reporting what trolls on social media post as if they are newsworthy all damn year.

The Buddy 'rumours' is another classic example. A reputable organization would never take hatemongering on a social forum and quote it to the point that the targets of that hatred are forced to make comments, or those close to them are forced to offer denials.

ABFL media can get stuffed.
Leaves a very bitter taste. And why should the man subject himself to one final indignity of going around the MCG to be booed by the morons. I hope they rot in hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back