No Oppo Supporters Swans v Hawks - the thread where we let it all out (READ OP FIRST)

Remove this Banner Ad

I had to watch it again on TV as denial is the first part of the grieving process...(even though I was at the G in person on the day I still couldn't believe the bloods destruction I had witnessed).
Since the re-viewing I've now been through the bargaining & anger stages...currently in depression mode, so hoping the acceptance phase kicks in very soon!!

Alright I've avoided coming on here since Saturday. In all honesty I could accept the loss if we were not smashed in all and every aspect of the game. That is the worse I have seen us play in years.

What I would give to have that match permanently erased from memory.
meninblack.png

Strange thing is when I went back to work today (yeah I took a few days of in advance to celebrate) my workmates that usually would have got stuck into me all seemed to just look at me like my mother just died, not one even bagged me just shook their heads and didn't say a word. If it was a close game and we lost I would have copped it, today absolutely nothing from them. It was an awkward silence.

Strange thing is when I went back to work today (yeah I took a few days of in advance to celebrate) my workmates that usually would have got stuck into me all seemed to just look at me like my mother just died, not one even bagged me just shook their heads and didn't say a word. If it was a close game and we lost I would have copped it, today absolutely nothing from them. It was an awkward silence.

sound like a good bunch of workmates who understand the nuances of following football. Lucky.

Highs and lows of sport mate.

Kind of funny reading the match day thread

Shows how quick they smashed us

It does make for some amusing reading....now....surprisingly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh he put Rohan FF too...

With 5 mins left on the game. :oops:

I am pretty sure Rohan went forward at the first bounce of the game, who knows why.....he got hit by Mitchell chasing from the half forward line in the first few minutes....

So glad I watched the game half cut as I am unable to remember it well. Can't even bring myself to watch and review the game, turned off the TV when a replay popped up on FF.

Here's an idea. They should make the first 2015 Swans v Hawks game free entry for Swans fans, as a small gesture of "hey we're sorry we fu*ked up, come watch us for free!" :p

quarter time

what do you think longmire did/said and what should he of done or tried?

What did he say ?

Horse checked the time on the $5 Mickey Mouse watch he'd bought at Paddington Market last Saturday "It's just the warm up guys. Let 'em tire themselves out with all that running and kicking goals. In just 2 hours the real game starts"

What should he have done ?

Bought a watch that worked

What should he have tried ?

To hide somewhere

Come on - your beloved just made it into a grand final. Sure they choked and the coaches messed up the plan, but to make it to the last game of the season is a decent achievement. Whacked by a much better and hungrier side on the day. Time to move on. They have worked hard all year and need a break and something to mark the end of the year. I don;t see why they can't have a couple of beers...

Just checked my emails and got my members' email yesterday as well (yes, I am a long-term Swans member!).

Tempted to respond, as I'm still pretty disgusted with what the side dished up. Probably won't though. :)

I haven't posted since the GF because I'm appalled, disgusted, ashamed, embarrased, dissapointed & shocked at our performance. Selfishly I'm also pretty damn pissed off my first GF had to be this one & not 05 or 12... s**t even 06 or 96 would have been better. At least our boys upheld our clubs pride and fought their asses off in those losses. What they dished up on Saturday was pathetic & in no way shape or form reflects the club I know & love. Paul Kelly, Brett Kirk, Jude Bolton, Bob Skilton, Stuey Maxfield... Pride and never say die. Give it everything. No matter how it looks. No matter how tired you think you are. On Saturday the club showed they had not one person fit this profile. No one took the game on & everyone looked under prepared, leading to shock & withdrawal.

They can apologise all they want, I'm never going to be able to look at this group of players the same way again unfortunately. I'm just being honest. They have left me so filthy at their lack of effort and particularly the coaching decision making I don't think that feeling will ever be forgotten. It's going to take more than a premiership to repay that performance IMO.

Mate I love your team and your coaching staff, but be well assured your crowd is as feral as it comes - lots of 20-35 males on the turps acting as though they were playing rather than being a supporter. Sledging opposition supporters constantly. I see them all down here and your crowd is by far the worst. Maybe you get more families during h and a which dilutes the yobbo factor and we haven't played too many other Victorian sides in finals in Victoria recently but I only find the atmosphere at hWks games close to nasty. And this precedes the buddy deal.

Can say with 100% honesty that I saw nothing along those lines and even the supposed booing wasn't noticeable to me on the day.

The supporters around me were just delerious with happiness and a little shell shocked at what was happening. It was far too happy to have been any feral, anti social behaviour towards opposition supporters or players.

I haven't posted since the GF because I'm appalled, disgusted, ashamed, embarrased, dissapointed & shocked at our performance. Selfishly I'm also pretty damn pissed off my first GF had to be this one & not 05 or 12... s**t even 06 or 96 would have been better. At least our boys upheld our clubs pride and fought their asses off in those losses. What they dished up on Saturday was pathetic & in no way shape or form reflects the club I know & love. Paul Kelly, Brett Kirk, Jude Bolton, Bob Skilton, Stuey Maxfield... Pride and never say die. Give it everything. No matter how it looks. No matter how tired you think you are. On Saturday the club showed they had not one person fit this profile. No one took the game on & everyone looked under prepared, leading to shock & withdrawal.

They can apologise all they want, I'm never going to be able to look at this group of players the same way again unfortunately. I'm just being honest. They have left me so filthy at their lack of effort and particularly the coaching decision making I don't think that feeling will ever be forgotten. It's going to take more than a premiership to repay that performance IMO.

I think you and me better go for a beer one day. I'm glad someone feels the same as me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back