Sweet FA - Have Your Say

Remove this Banner Ad

What qooty activities, if any, should be held in the off-season (e.g. SoO, Pre-Season tournament, draft competition)? Feel free to make suggestions.
If a draft is done well, wouldn't mind it but more Werewolf and Werewolf activity would be awesome

When should Season 20 Begin?

Not fussed but as long as finals aren't in my busy uni time (Oct-Nov) would be nice

How many rounds should the season go for?

I am happy with the same as S19. But it did feel to drag a bit at sometimes but that couldn't been who we were playing

What, if anything, can the league's management do to increase your interest in the league in S20

A bit more media threads would be cool. Some more rivalries are always nice. And less douchebaggy campaigners who deem themselves to be better than everyone else :)

What qooty activities, if any, should be held in the off-season (e.g. SoO, Pre-Season tournament, draft competition)? Feel free to make suggestions.
I would like to see some sort of All-Star bash to open the season, whether it's east v west, draft, but i always enjoy playing with different people.

Like everyone else, soon-ish.

15 felt short to me, but tbh i don't mind, maybe a bit longer, with a short final 6 set up.

What, if anything, can the league's management do to increase your interest in the league in S20
I don't know if the developing interest is wholly in the hands of the management, i think we as a community are responsible. I'm not sure what happened this year in regards to some people, notably high profile people's, interest waning. I personally really enjoy it here, but do expect in the natural course of life my interest will wane.
It is also season 20, so something to highlight major events, players, incidents of the past would be good, to not only know more about whats gone before us, but to honor it too.
Also people need to stop taking it all so seriously. it's a fantasy game.
But what do i know. i captain the least relevant team.

If a draft is done well, wouldn't mind it but more Werewolf and Werewolf activity would be awesome

Not fussed but as long as finals aren't in my busy uni time (Oct-Nov) would be nice

I am happy with the same as S19. But it did feel to drag a bit at sometimes but that couldn't been who we were playing

A bit more media threads would be cool. Some more rivalries are always nice. And less douchebaggy campaigners who deem themselves to be better than everyone else :)

Shouldn't effect you.

Seems a lot of people want the season to end before Christmas but also want an all-star game/SoO as well as an 18-round season. Seems a lot of people don't know what they want.

Seems a lot of people want the season to end before Christmas but also want an all-star game/SoO as well as an 18-round season. Seems a lot of people don't know what they want.

I want a game played on Christmas day.

Has this place ever made sense?

How about something like an SFA Legends Vs Current Day SFA game.

Sure, some selected in the legends team wouldn't be active anymore…But would still be good fun. We could select a legends team based on the HoF plus a few extra chosen for the team, and anyone that is active but not in the legends team can be drafted by whoever is anointed captain of the current day SFA?

Sure, some selected in the legends team wouldn't be active anymore…But would still be good fun. We could select a legends team based on the HoF plus a few extra chosen for the team, and anyone that is active but not in the legends team can be drafted by whoever is anointed captain of the current day SFA?
So the Wonders can't sign Lioness but the SFA legends can sign whoever they want...?

That's crap okey #juggs4admin

The Wonders can't win games anymore either.

Get over it. #standbyokey
Bridge was well and truly built in the 2nd round of the season.

I just don't like the double standards you show and feel the need to throw rules out when they suit you and keep them when they affect the Wonders.

Only for it if I fall under the legends catergory :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bridge was well and truly built in the 2nd round of the season.

I just don't like the double standards you show and feel the need to throw rules out when they suit you and keep them when they affect the Wonders.
Not even you could believe the tripe you are sprouting right now. Must be a fish, but I like the taste of bait anyway.

Surely you can see the difference between a league run exhibition game to celebrate a milestone year in the SFA's history and actual teams recruiting actual players for actual SFA games which go towards their actual fantasy careers and statistics etc. Surely. Hopefully.

HoF and assorted legends vs S19 all SFA team.

Lock it in okey

Something in me thinks a lot of unwholesome arguing would ensue with selecting a S19 team unless okey did it all himself and left no room for backtalk.
The backtalk is what makes the whole game thing INTERESTING :p

State of Origin would be good but needs to be re-invigorated. An emphasis needs to be put on the State of Origin idea being the "best of the best" with only the best players in the competition getting a game for each state/territory. In the good old days of the SFA, State of Origin was more intense, more fierce and was played harder than the normal season itself. Players regarded winning State of Origin as the pinnacle of the competition. If the concept is to be revived you'll need prominent figures as captains of each side who have a passion for the whole State of Origin idea as well as the team they play for.

Alternatively an all-star game could work like a Legends vs Rest of SFA game or something else along those lines. Or we could alternate concepts between each off-season. With six months till Christmas it's a pretty tight schedule at this point so a decision needs to be made soon.

26 July 2015. This would allow us to have a 17 round season plus four weeks of finals and would see the competition wrap up a little shy of two weeks before Christmas.

17 is pretty good I think. 15 worked well this season though, the ladder was very tight most of the season in the mid-ranked positions and most teams were in the hunt until the last couple of rounds. I'd say 16-18 is optimal, we've seen that playing each twice whilst fair is not ideal as players lose interest towards the end of the season.

My interest is fine at the moment. People will always come and go from the SFA, it's part of how it has always gone. Players will retire, some will come back and there will always be rookies/newbies coming into the competition. Constant advertisement, entertainment and promotion is key though, that needs to happen all the time to keep the new players coming through and to keep the established players remaining interested. I have noticed that the general feel of the competition has moved away from the confrontational, debate/argument scene to more of a humour/entertainment one. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.

SoO lost a bit of its meaning due to Juggs playing for everyone....

SoO lost a bit of its meaning due to Juggs playing for everyone....
Well it would have certainly lost something for those poor unfortunate teams he played for, cruel.

Do we have 20 in the Hall of Fame yet?
No, but getting there. The amount of hall of famers should never exceed the number of seasons we have played. From memory we have 17, and the aim was to add two plus an immortal in S20 (taking us to 19 HoFers) then cutting it to one per season only.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back