Sweet FA - Have Your Say

Remove this Banner Ad

Look i did find it odd that despite having never played a game I was named in the midfield of Vic Country...

If it happens make it best of the best... and f**k having it under 18 style with Vic Country and Metro... 1 Vic team, best of the best... even just a 2 or 3 game thing so it has more impact.

Season length I don't care about, finals should have less teams, you should NEVER have more teams making finals than missing them.. rewards mediocrity.

Off season stuff... just tell me when the awards night is so I can orgaise a suit

Look i did find it odd that despite having never played a game I was named in the midfield of Vic Country...

If it happens make it best of the best... and f**k having it under 18 style with Vic Country and Metro... 1 Vic team, best of the best... even just a 2 or 3 game thing so it has more impact.

Season length I don't care about, finals should have less teams, you should NEVER have more teams making finals than missing them.. rewards mediocrity.

Off season stuff... just tell me when the awards night is so I can orgaise a suit
State of Origin, for me, is an avenue to give younger players good positions on the field where they may not get that opportunity elsewhere. This is why Vic Country's full-back line generally was ClarkeM - Fred - Mobbenfuhrer or some variation of. All the Midfield and Forward spots were given to those who could shine on a big stage.

This is why you would have played there. Because it's good to see youngsters get best on ground and kick the goals.

State of Origin, for me, is an avenue to give younger players good positions on the field where they may not get that opportunity elsewhere. This is why Vic Country's full-back line generally was ClarkeM - Fred - Mobbenfuhrer or some variation of. All the Midfield and Forward spots were given to those who could shine on a big stage.

This is why you would have played there. Because it's good to see youngsters get best on ground and kick the goals.
That may be the case, but it appears to be dropping from people's interest... so give it some meaning again?

As a rookie to be honest I was just happy to be involved

Bring back State Of Origin. People started compromising the competition and the downward spiral couldn't be stopped. Make it the best of the best. If Vic Metro have too many star players, tough t***ies, you may miss out. No stuffing around with captains. No stuffing around with whom you play for. SoO should be champions playing on champions, with all due respect, it's not a competition for rookies nor for the disinterested. ClarkeM is Vic Country, Ljp is WA. In a season where we're supposed to be celebrating all things good about this league, past and present, it would be a shame if we couldn't evoke the SoO passion.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Clarkey over beez. I feel like such a Dickface.

Go flower yourself, supposed mate. :thumbsdown:
I agree with you Beez... and reckon you could go harder still... I'd have only 1 Vic team, no spots gifted.. picked on merit

I agree with you Beez... and reckon you could go harder still... I'd have only 1 Vic team, no spots gifted.. picked on merit
WA would need to fold.

What qooty activities, if any, should be held in the off-season (e.g. SoO, Pre-Season tournament, draft competition)? Feel free to make suggestions.
I like fumbler's idea. SoO is fine too though. Really, I'm fine with anything. I'd like to post more actively in SoO this season, so wouldn't mind if it got another whirl. Werewolf is also more than acceptable.

When should Season 20 Begin?
Not fussed.

How many rounds should the season go for?
17. Play every team once, then give each team 3 matches against the top 6 of this season and 3 against the bottom 6, or something along those lines...

What, if anything, can the league's management do to increase your interest in the league in S20
Nothing. The league is fine. If the oldies want to be pessimists, let them. Dead weight to the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What qooty activities, if any, should be held in the off-season (e.g. SoO, Pre-Season tournament, draft competition)? Feel free to make suggestions.

I agree with beez (yuck) but yeah bring back State of Origin.

Probably in a month's time.

Between 15-18 games.

What, if anything, can the league's management do to increase your interest in the league in S20

I'll be trying to find my own way of getting my interest back but I think Season 20 is a great opportunity for people to get involved with helping celebrate players from the past, present and future. Things like Top 20 players of all-time, best 20 games ever played, the 20 best squads of all-time etc. Would be great to embrace the history of the league and start some healthy discussions and arguments.

If State of Origin is going to be saved it needs a touch of the campaigner brought back to it. Best of the best, * the rest. Teams can have their own pre-season games to play tea party with the Rookies.

With that said, Club organised Pre-Season games should be posted in their own thread on the board, not in team threads. That's where we should be giving rookies all the midfield/forward positions and giving them a preview of a match thread and what to expect, not a slap and dash game on page 78 of the team thread. State of Origin isn't a training ground.

If State of Origin is going to be saved it needs a touch of the campaigner brought back to it. Best of the best, **** the rest. Teams can have their own pre-season games to play tea party with the Rookies.

With that said, Club organised Pre-Season games should be posted in their own thread on the board, not in team threads. That's where we should be giving rookies all the midfield/forward positions and giving them a preview of a match thread and what to expect, not a slap and dash game on page 78 of the team thread. State of Origin isn't a training ground.
Bring it on you campaigner.

Old people :rolleyes:
58017069.jpg

SoO is alright.
When Boncer stops drinking. So a while away.

17-24

They can do kangaroos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back