Sweet FA League Consultation: OPERATION OUTGOING

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem with "poster" awards is it starts to take the SFA from the domain of the sim and more about how people carry on around these boards. To make them official awards sort of goes against what this league was intended to be about and what it is at the core of this competition.
I'm more than happy to have these done by 3rd party people, peoples choice awards and the like, but to tie it in with the game I don't think is the right way to go.

As for the Hall of Fame rather than have a fixed number each season, I agree with a maximum value, but think there should be some criteria before a player is considered (X amount of games, accolades, etc...) that would act as a cap of sorts.
As a solution to this, and sort of compromising between my contention and the view of The Filth Wizard for example, could we alter the argument a little…Instead of maximum one per season, could we agree that the threshold should be "never more inductees than seasons."

We have 16 in the HoF now. This gives the committee some flexibility. Basically, they can choose to induct more than one if worthy (and if there is enough room) or they could choose not to induct anyone… but the number of inductees can never exceed the number of seasons.

Introducing the equivalent of one inductee per season (even if it doesn't work out to be one per season with the above increased flexibility) is still acknowledging a lot of posters. And perhaps a games threshold of 100ish plus ticking the box for "outstanding contributions to the league" on the posting side of things.

As a solution to this, and sort of compromising between my contention and the view of The Filth Wizard for example, could we alter the argument a little…Instead of maximum one per season, could we agree that the threshold should be "never more inductees than seasons."

We have 16 in the HoF now. This gives the committee some flexibility. Basically, they can choose to induct more than one if worthy (and if there is enough room) or they could choose not to induct anyone… but the number of inductees can never exceed the number of seasons.

Introducing the equivalent of one inductee per season (even if it doesn't work out to be one per season with the above increased flexibility) is still acknowledging a lot of posters. And perhaps a games threshold of 100ish plus ticking the box for "outstanding contributions to the league" on the posting side of things.
If I had to choose between one per season or "never more inductees than seasons." I'd go for the latter, but I can see the need for change in the future.

With one per season it might work now given the perceived lack of candidates, but there may be seasons where a number of candidates become viable, then there would be a waiting list which will only increase. An argument is there that that would ensure the exclusivity of the HoF, but I think it's too restrictive.

A backlog of candidates would also apply with a inductees<seasons rule but currently there is a 4 season buffer, but that would get eaten in to quickly leading to what is effectively a one per season rule and the associated problems.

LCurrent HOF Squad:
  • boncer34
  • Deestroy
  • dougthelegend
  • eagleskickass
  • Fred
  • Ljp86
  • Mobbenfuhrer
  • Pie 4 Life
  • rfctigerarmy
  • Itsmyshow
  • ClarkeM
  • Tarkyn_24
  • Broken
  • Frankston Rover
  • croweater 41

The only possible names I'd throw into contention for now would be the following:
Eth - Wiki and stat work
Gibbsy - Wiki and stat work
Lioness - Second highest goals to games ratio in the top 10 leading goalkickers. Owner of the Titans whilst simultaneously captain/player of Wonders. First female to try and create an all-female SFA team. Four-time leading goalkicker of the Wonders - Season 2-5 (319 goals out of 108 games).
Beng - Seriously - 2 ALFies in consecutive years is pretty impressive.

LCurrent HOF Squad:
  • boncer34
  • Deestroy
  • dougthelegend
  • eagleskickass
  • Fred
  • Ljp86
  • Mobbenfuhrer
  • Pie 4 Life
  • rfctigerarmy
  • Itsmyshow
  • ClarkeM
  • Tarkyn_24
  • Broken
  • Frankston Rover
  • croweater 41
The only possible names I'd throw into contention for now would be the following:
Eth - Wiki and stat work
Lioness - Second highest goals to games ratio in the top 10 leading goalkickers. Owner of the Titans whilst simultaneously captain/player of Wonders. First female to try and create an all-female SFA team. Four-time leading goalkicker of the Wonders - Season 2-5 (319 goals out of 108 games).

I've honestly not heard of any of those people. We need some fresh youthful faces in the hall of fame!

Why should we care what you want changed Okey when you are basically done and dusted as the admin?
This is a chance to gauge the league's opinions on a few things that will be addressed this season. I am admin this season. You don't have to care. But this is a chance for those that do to have their say.

This is a chance to gauge the league's opinions on a few things that will be addressed this season. I am admin this season. You don't have to care. But this is a chance for those that do to have their say.

You miss my point, why not do this early into your presidency? Now it just feels whatever is decided could just be changed on a whim anyway. What I'm trying to say is, stop wasting my time.

You miss my point, why not do this early into your presidency? Now it just feels whatever is decided could just be changed on a whim anyway. What I'm trying to say is, stop wasting my time.
Different season, different issues.

I did a lot of this sort of thing early in my "presidency." At the time it was the expansion of the competition, making informed decisions on the admittance of the Bears and Warriors. It was about off-season activities and preferences. Arguments over what we want on the club room and what we want on the forum. What we wanted to support for a charity match. What the league's preferences were on the harshness of rules and points penalties. Hall of fame nominations.

All of these were issues/questions at the time where the league were consulted, then the committee discussed, then decisions were made.

The only difference with this thread is the checklist. I have listed a few things for all to see that we will work through systematically. They are the little issues that I would like to gauge a stance on from the SFA public before any decisions are made (if there are decisions to be made). I'm not wasting my own or anybody else's time by doing this…If you don't want to have a say don't have a say. But then don't complain about a lack of consultation or a secret boys club making uninformed selfish decisions.

I'm still the admin, so I will continue making informed decisions until there is a new admin. The admin, don't forget, should not be the sole source of power that just comes in and changes things without support. This thread exists to see where the league's support is for key issues.

Ricky-Gervais-Facepalm-Laugh-Reaction-Gif.gif

Let's be honest here, the current HOF is pretty much up to date and with the exception of one or two current players, the next batch of Hall of Famers shouldn't be inducted for 2 or 3 seasons.

Induct 2 and Upgrade 1 to an Immortal to celebrate Season 20 and then go to 1 per season from there on in.

Also going to get in early on the EKA okeydoke7 - if you change the criteria - I will demand my Season 16 EKA delivered to myself by you in person...

Too many people have too much say in too many things.

* everybody, let Okey rule supreme.

That's basically what you wrote Okey. Perhaps you can't see that because you're so stubborn and self deluded.

Just * off and leave the league to those more humble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps I should follow up that off the cuff post fired off with little thought as it might not make sense.

Okey has already reduced the numbers in the committee board by half. He claims that the minority ruined it for everybody but I think that's weak sauce. If captains were spamming and creating too much for you to handle then that's your failing as admin not putting in enough time and not controlling the situation.

This thread might be a "discuss this openly" thread but it my belief that you have no real intention of doing so. You wish to state your intentions then pass through whatever bullshit you like claiming that no super good reasons why not came up.

I might hate that some teams have s**t on tradition by changing old club names but they have the right to do so. The people that have done such things will be judged on their actions.

You failed to take any action on the viability of a 12 team comp when you had the chance so to bring up the discussion once the season has already kicked off is disingenuous and passing the buck in the extreme. Further discussion isn't required. Possible action plans are but as I've already said too little too late.

New admin? Public process? Most laughable of all. Just hand it to Filth man and the majority aren't going to give a peep. Why consider somebody like me when I'm a joke option? Heaven forbid anybody thinks I might actually be worthy of HoF. Anybody? :oops:

Let's be honest here, the current HOF is pretty much up to date and with the exception of one or two current players, the next batch of Hall of Famers shouldn't be inducted for 2 or 3 seasons.

Induct 2 and Upgrade 1 to an Immortal to celebrate Season 20 and then go to 1 per season from there on in.

Also going to get in early on the EKA okeydoke7 - if you change the criteria - I will demand my Season 16 EKA delivered to myself by you in person...

I nod in agreement on this.

Also #juggsforhof.

I'm interested in your thoughts…HoF:

-Leave as is, 2 per season inducted
-Change to 1 per season inducted
-Change to as many per season as wanted/needed, with a proviso that we never have more inductees than seasons
-Change to UP TO 2 per season and give flexibility to the committee

ALSO: Should there be a games threshold? Or other threshold?

-Change to as many per season as wanted/needed, with a proviso that we never have more inductees than seasons

I vote that the current HoF gets to approve or deny possible inductees based on a majority of vote :). We don't want people stinking up our joint.

Leave it as 2 per season. There's no point in restricting it and making it harder for new posters to get in. That's discouraging and exclusionary.

There should be no threshold as long as not having one doesn't turn it into a popularity contest where somebody like Willo_ is inducted next just because he's a cool poster (just using you as an example, no offense intended).

Leave it as 2 per season. There's no point in restricting it and making it harder for new posters to get in. That's discouraging and exclusionary.

There should be no threshold as long as not having one doesn't turn it into a popularity contest where somebody like Willo_ is inducted next just because he's a cool poster (just using you as an example, no offense intended).

Agreed, it is after all voted on by each teams two committee members.

Actually, I think I have a good point here although I was initially saying it in jest. The current Hall of Fame should also have a say in who joins them as opposed to only the league captains and current admin.

Doesn't matter if they're all around still but surely their opinions should be as worthy, if not more worthy than a co-captain from a random side in the league.

2n7mt51.png

Current Hall of Fame achievements.

As you can see all players have played decent chunk of games, I would like to see a restriction of atleast 100 games played. What's that? Like at minimum 6 seasons in the league so enough longevity to make an impact on the game on and off the field.

Interesting that all inductees so far have at one stage been a captain of a club which in most cases means you are one of the best players on your team and in essence one of the best in the league aswell. Don't know if being a captain at one stage is an absolute must but it's something to think about.

Another factor could be making a certain amount of All-SFA sides. I know hotly debated throughout the years but making it into the side shows you've had a good season both on and off the field. Another thing to consider.

2n7mt51.png

Current Hall of Fame achievements.

As you can see all players have played decent chunk of games, I would like to see a restriction of atleast 100 games played. What's that? Like at minimum 6 seasons in the league so enough longevity to make an impact on the game on and off the field.

Interesting that all inductees so far have at one stage been a captain of a club which in most cases means you are one of the best players on your team and in essence one of the best in the league aswell. Don't know if being a captain at one stage is an absolute must but it's something to think about.

Another factor could be making a certain amount of All-SFA sides. I know hotly debated throughout the years but making it into the side shows you've had a good season both on and off the field. Another thing to consider.
Terrific analysis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back