Official Match Thread Sweet FA Preliminary Final: Southern Dragons vs. Baghdad Bombers @ Dragon Island

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams in Friday 9pm
Game simmed Monday

Coming into this game the Dragons have learnt the lesson that a week is indeed a long time in football. Last week they headed into the Second Semi at home v the Demons full of confidence. They'd beaten the Demons away the previous week, the minor premiership was in the bag and a home Grand Final seemed only a mere 4 quarters away. Fast forward just 1 quarter and the shell shocked Dragons found themselves trailing by 25 points at the first change and whilst the final margin was only 28 points in reality they were lucky to get that close.

The Dragons will be looking to their senior players to help the side regroup from such a shock loss last week. The team has experienced a roller coaster of emotions over the past 2 weeks and their leaders need to steady the ship if their to have any chance of making it to the big dance. The man leading the charge must be captain Ljp86. Nobody denies he's been a brilliant player over the years but the big asterix next to his name is his inability thus far to get his side over the line in the finals. He'd be disappointed with last weeks effort and look from a huge effort from the captain this week.

This time last season the side that lost the second semi didn't turn up for the preliminary and suffered the humiliation of a straight sets exit but they at least didn't finish top. The Dragons will be desperate to ensure history doesn't repeat.

That side last year was the Dragons opponents this week in the Baghdad Bombers and no doubt this game is very much about redemption. One season ago the Bombers bombed out miserably to the East Side Hawks and whilst a loss wouldn't be as humiliating as last years straight sets exit the Baghdad fans would still consider back to back preliminary finals a failure.

Last week the Bombers ended the reigning premiers hopes by accounting easily for the West Coast Wonders so there will be no fear in the Dads players eyes when they line up against the Minor Premiers. They in essence have absolutely nothing to lose, they've exceeded pre-season expectations so expect a fearless performance from the Bombers.

Last week Shadow Man played one of the truly great finals games and the Bombers will be looking to their big man to give them first use of the pill again. However the odds of him playing such a mammoth effort again are slim so the player to watch from this side will be Beez. He's talked the talk all year and this is the time of year when it matters so its time he walks the walk and leads this side to a Grand Final berth.

Prediction- Bombers to upset by 25 points.

beez has only walked the walked in 1 game this season, I doubt it will happen now.

I'm hearing this whisper in my ear, sorry what's that? I can't quite hear you...

STRAIGHT SETS BABY

Jobe3votes

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Feb 5, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool & Melbourne Storm
On Season 15 form, Dragons should win by 25-30 points but if Bombers play their Joker card on Monday, then Bombers to win by 3-4 goals.

So I am going on Season form here ...

Southern Dragons $1.55
Baghdad Bombers $2.40

Margin/Line Betting

Southern Dragons -24.5 $1.90
Baghdad Bombers +24.5 $1.90

WAG

The People's Captain
Mar 3, 2010
In the trenches.
AFL Club
Adelaide
All I can say is thank **** it's not another Dragons v Demons thread. Those things will do your head in.

Actually that's not true. I do have more to say, which will be evident in my later posts.

For now, suffice it to say that my initial statement is more than enough cud to chew on, for now, as it stands, give or take a few ramblings.

Oh and I almost forget the obligatory - Go Dragons! :thumbsu:

Nope, I've said all I wanted to say, don't bait me! :eek:
Thank god this isn't the Grand Final or I'd be mentioning 119pts. Sorry Dubz.

This is a no Tomahawk thread either btw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously though, this is finals football. Leave all the spammy, irrelevant nonsense to the other threads because this is the big time.

Worked hard for it all year Dragons, we have the best list in the league and we will take it to the next level. Baghdad will have deja vu after we send them packing.

Back