Official Match Thread Sweet FA S14 Round 14 - West Coast WONDERS (5) v Geelong GUMBIES (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jobe3votes

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Feb 5, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool & Melbourne Storm
Last match of Round 14 we see defending premiers Wonders at home to 4th place Gumbies. It's quite simple, Wonders win and they are in the 4 for the 1st time this season with only 3 matches left before Finals. Gumbies win and they have a 1 game buffer from 5th with 3 games left.

Many people are expecting Wonders to finally kick into gear yet they have never been able to actually get on a roll.

Wonders fan base are expecting their team to salute against a top 4 side and this may be the week that all goes well as expected. Can the Gumbies upset the defending premiers and send the Wonders fans home angry?

Last time they played

Geelong Gumbies 10.12 (72) lost to West Coast Wonders 14.16 (100)

A great 28 point away win for the Wonders the last time they played, but can they do it again but infront of their own fans this time around? Season 14 has been an inconsistant season for Wonders.

Can Gumbies dent the Wonders expected finals push?

Match Odds

Wonders $1.70
Gumbies $2.10

Twitter - #wcwvgg

Wise Guy Sam

Premium Platinum
Dec 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Galactic Empire
C'mon Gumbies! Let's get 4 wins in a row and look to secure a top 4 spot!

GO GUMBIES!!!

While I'm all for sportsmanship and all that, I'd prefer if you guys gave losing a good go. Your due a flogging and our 28 point win last time mst have you worried.

Are you Gumbies still copping multiple suspensions every week or is your recent form a sign that your entire squad is getting a proper run?

Lion Cub 16

Club Legend
Dec 17, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
While I'm all for sportsmanship and all that, I'd prefer if you guys gave losing a good go. Your due a flogging and our 28 point win last time mst have you worried.

Are you Gumbies still copping multiple suspensions every week or is your recent form a sign that your entire squad is getting a proper run?

1 suspension to one of our bench players.

BTW we may be team mates on the cricket field, but that doesn't mean I'll be going easy on you this week. Gumbies to go 4 in a row!

Not in the least, "your mob" had what, 10 in a row last season and we spanked you like bitches, a 5 goal win early in the season is light years away from the here and now, for we are in the co days, and you can't spell colour blind without co damnit!

Marklar_33 said:
As it was foretold, and so it shall be

Wonders to defeat Gumbies. Heavily.

It's written in the stars! Well, it was just written by a star...

Hello Marklar, unfortunately as Cub alluded to, walker the star was suspended and as such will not be partaking of this match, I would thank you to not be using his status as a mouth piece in your promotions. :thumbsu:

ShaunDuggan said:
Let's have a raffle on what day Peterss will make his post, I am going to say Wednesday ;)

Put me down for Tuesday, although I suppose its a tad unfair if I enter since I can auto win, you know, being the one actually talking to the man on a regular basis and all. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wise Guy Sam

Premium Platinum
Dec 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Galactic Empire
Not in the least, "your mob" had what, 10 in a row last season and we spanked you like bitches, a 5 goal win early in the season is light years away from the here and now, for we are in the co days, and you can't spell colour blind without co damnit!

Daltonism is the original name for colour blindness and is still used in many languages. It does not contain a 'c' although their is at least 1 'o'. So you could get by without using 'co' if you needed to write colour blind....

Put me down for Tuesday, although I suppose its a tad unfair if I enter since I can auto win, you know, being the one actually talking to the man on a regular basis and all. :p

I'll take that bet despite this information. :p

Jobe3votes

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Feb 5, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool & Melbourne Storm
Let's have a raffle on what day Peterss will make his post, I am going to say Wednesday ;)

He already made a post in January, so sometime from Wednesday onwards for the magic he calls 'POTM' but what we call 'SPOTM' Spot(e)m or in plain english s**t post of the month.

P.S - By me posting the match threads 2 days early, I'm hoping that confuses the **** out of him.

Lion Cub 16

Club Legend
Dec 17, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Last time they played

Geelong Gumbies 10.12 (72) lost to West Coast Wonders 14.16 (100)

A great 28 point away win for the Wonders the last time they played, but can they do it again but infront of their own fans this time around? Season 14 has been an inconsistant season for Wonders.

Can Gumbies dent the Wonders expected finals push?

Match Odds

Wonders $1.70
Gumbies $2.10

Twitter - #wcwvgg

Bias… :)

Just because you won last time doesn't mean you should be favourite. Remember we are coming off 3 consecutive wins. ;)

Bias… :)

Just because you won last time doesn't mean you should be favourite. Remember we are coming off 3 consecutive wins. ;)
Wonders to break the Gumbies streak of wins!

It's only right.

Wise Guy Sam

Premium Platinum
Dec 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Galactic Empire
wtf_is_this_shit2_RE_73_Million_Sharks_Killed_Every_Year-s468x349-71815.jpg

You two need to stop it!

For all our sakes.