Official Match Thread Sweet FA S15 Round 13: Southern Dragons vs Baghdad Bombers at Dragon Island MOTR

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

AD7C9B7B-A311-4B1E-87E8-DB7CDCE9D595-1669-000002DEB667B497.jpg
VS
4C4EFB59-5139-467B-A98A-F6D0869047FF-1669-000002DE288FF271.jpg

A mouthwatering top of the table clash between the Dragons and the Bombers to decide ultimately who is the best club in SFA history. Maybe not that much but it will determine who is higher on the ladder at the end of the round. Two powerhouses lock horns in this weeks Match Of The Round!!

Last Week

On top of the ladder and on top of their game, the Dragons will have a tough battle this week against the Bombers from Baghdad but it doesn't look like their defense is the problem with another strong performance last week against the Gumbies. The Dragons had a slow start only managing 1 goal in the first 47 minutes of the game with their second goal coming at the 22nd minute mark of the second quarter. They held strong they only allowing 5 goals to go into half time only 17 points down. The Dragons third quarter showed class and skill in the midfield with the Dragons more than tripling their goal count to be at level terms at the inal break. The last quarter showed the competition why the Dragons are on top of the ladder booting 7 goal to 1 an running away with a 37 point win. Gibbsy showed why he is a threat on this years Mobbs medal gathering 25 in and under possessions to go along with 6 marks and a crucial goal. The Half Back has struck a rich vein of form picking up 23 touches, 6 marks and 3 free kicks to be in the Dragons best again. kayliesharks and PooMonkey were very lively up forward booting 3 goals a piece whilst MD 's supreme form in the ruck showed again with 12 touches, 12 hit outs and a goal to spark the Dragons into action in the last quarter.

The Bombers also showed why the are a huge finals threat with their 10 point win against the Wonders. The main concern for the Bombers is their accuracy in front of goal. Last week they kicked 18.18 in their win. They started off strong in the first quarter kicking 5 goals 9 to lead by 8 behinds. Another 4 goals was added by the Bombers in the second term stretched the lead out to 13 points at half time. 14.14 was the three quarter time score for the Bombers as they advanced to a 25 point advantage at the final change. a 4 goal to 7 last term saw the home team hang on to a 10 point win with opposition missing very gettable shots. bipolarbeaR had a very good game with 22 disposals and 6 marks. ThePuppetMaster played well with 21 touches but gave away 4 free kicks. dougthelegend had a BOG performance with 22 disposals, 10 marks and 5 goals.

This Week

This match will decide top spot after 13 rounds so it will be a hard fought slog. There will be drooling match-ups all around the ground and a slog feat seems to be in order.
My Tip - Dragons by 5

Key Match-Ups

Ljp86 vs saintkildaman

The young and the old battle here with the experience of Ljp versus the high energy of skm, this match-up on the wing will be a highly sought affair. Look for the aged maturity of Ljp to shine over the young flashy saintkildaman.
Winner - Ljp86

Farrand vs drd23

Farrand has had a strong season and the forward line seems to suit him. drd23 is having a stellar season getting amongst everything being top 40 in marks, handballs, kicks ad free kicks. This will be a very tough battle for both.
Winner - drd23

loopy_cam vs Speck

Speck has played well this year for the Dragons but loopy's experience has shown over the years and it has shown by the many positions he has played. Expect another rough battle in the Dragons forward half.
Winner - loopy_cam

Last Weeks Line-Ups

Southern Dragons

Rich (BB code):
MisterMarto                 Illbethejudge            Silent Alarm
Pie4Life                    drd23                    Gentlemen
The Half Back               Gibbsy                   Ljp86
Boncer34                    Speck                    Big Bad Buddy
PooMonkey                   Andonis1997              YouDontKnowJack
SDR Foll : moondog21, WishinAintGettin, Easty
SDR INT : kayliesharks, Zainta

Baghdad Bombers

Rich (BB code):
The_Doctor 23               hepp hepp hooray         goodie23
Bomber Bears                loopy_cam                doggiesin08
saintkildaman               ThePuppetMaster          bipolarbeaR
dougthelegend               Farrand                  Don Draper
High_Ryder                  okeydoke7                sausageroll
BOM Foll : Shadow Man, Gee Dub, beez
BOM INT : ant555, saintsrfreak

Well well well, if it isn't my favourite opposition!

This is going to be a tough encounter for us Dragons - but hey, as usual we should come out on top.

I believe we can notch up two in a row here boys, after our disappointing defeat to hinder our winning streak.

Lets lift that streak up once again!

Carn the Dragons!

I'm keen

lol jokes i'll be hitting on the canteen ladies

is that bipolars mum?!

This is an important game Dragons. Win and we move one step closer to consolidating the double chance as well as bringing the reigning champs one step closer to missing the finals.

Losing isn't an option.

This is an important game Dragons. Win and we move one step closer to consolidating the double chance as well as bringing the reigning champs one step closer to missing the finals.

Losing isn't an option.

I believe that losing is actually the only option for the Shagons.

I believe that losing is actually the only option for the Shagons.

Your beliefs are controlled by a terrorist organisation who also believe in suicide.

Taking this into account I do believe that you will however go down fighting.

Your beliefs are controlled by a terrorist organisation who also believe in suicide.

Taking this into account I do believe that you'll however go down fighting.

We prefer the term 'freedom-challenged' to terrorist.

Thank you very much!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait to line up opposite Jonts and MannumPower...... oh wait thats right they prefered to join a club that isn't even official then to stay with this rabble a moment longer.

Owned.

We prefer the term 'freedom-challenged' to terrorist.

Thank you very much!

"Freedom challenged" is a result of an act of terrorism aimed at the meek. You do the crime, you do the time.

Your time will be done in our lair as you bomb yourselves out of the top 2, on the back of an ill timed raid directed at an opponent ready to reverse the roles and become the "Bomber".

We look forward to finally putting an end to your ghastly act of onfield violance towards the frail. The end is nigh for Baghdad and it's group of dictators at the hands of a stronger, battle hardened group of Dragons.

Be prepared, your time is up.

"Freedom challenged" is a result of an act of terrorism aimed at the meek. You do the crime, you do the time.

Your time will be done in our lair as you bomb yourselves out of the top 2, on the back of an ill timed raid directed at an opponent ready to reverse the roles and become the "Bomber".

We look forward to finally putting an end to your ghastly act of onfield violance towards the frail. The end is nigh for Baghdad and it's group of dictators at the hands of a stronger, battle hardened group of Dragons.

Be prepared, your time is up.

You sound like Uncle Sam... why?

You sound like Uncle Sam... why?
Will he be at the game? I'd like to meet him and talk tactics.

He sounds like a man who's looking for a way out and one that would be willing to give away the Bombers secrets.

Other then Beez and Loopy_(I sim the games but dont cheat despite my team stealing the title last season)_Cam I don't really know the Bombers.

Cept of course for saintkildaman but he doesnt count.

Will he be at the game? I'd like to meet him and talk tactics.

He sounds like a man who's looking for a way out and one that would be willing to give away the Bombers secrets.

He doesn't know our secrets, we keep him in a basement as an 'infidel ravaging doll'... safe to say he gets overused at the Prison.

Back