Official Match Thread Sweet FA S15 Round 14: Baghdad Bombers vs Fighting Furies at Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

The match that we have all been waiting for, the Bombers and the Furies, Baghdad and the Fighting, it's Chuck Norris Vs Steven Segal.

The Bombers come into this contest on the back of a massive win against the Dragons that put them back on top of the SFA ladder. Despite the relative closeness in the final scoreboard, the Bombers were clinical in their disposal of the Dragons, meticulously planned down to the final detail. In an even performance across the field, the Bombers were well served by bipolarbeaR in the midfield, along with captain beez and The_Doctor and okeydoke7 up forward who managed to kick 3 goals amongst his barrage of 8 behinds. The most important thing for the Bombers though, was that everyone contributed across the field, except for that dirty turncoat Englishman Farrand who was terrible and sucks heaps and heaps.

How the mighty have fallen down at Furies land. Equus didn't want to lead, so he gave the reigns to BILC who didn't want it so he duck shoved it to Filthy Sanchez who has been holding up ok in the face of adversity.
In the early rounds, the Furies were flying, not only were they winning, they were kicking the s**t outta everyone in their path, captain blood 17 was everywhere, Eagleoz83 was dominating on field and off and we couldn't shut the Furies up, but the form stopped and so did the contributors and people are once again asking "Where the **** are the Furies", last week, the Furies fought hard against the Wonders and looked like they might have snuck a victory, but a late snap from the Wonders saw the game end in a draw and heartache for the Furies, their chance to sneak back into the top 4 was shattered. Eagleoz was outstanding on field again for the Furies, well supported by captain blood and Filthy, but they just couldn't get over the line.

This game holds oh so much importance to both sides.

My Prediction: If each side kicks only one goal and one behind for the match it will be a draw, otherwise, the team in front when the final siren goes should be declared the winner.

Massive game in the race for finals! I have had 21 scoring shots over the last 2 weeks for 6 goals, surely my luck is due to change. Regardless, the Bombers have been winning and another one here would settle our position as premiership favourites.

I wonder how BILC's holiday is going? And I wonder if Filthy's handling the captaincy? I suppose we wouldn't know as they are busy on their secluded board, often failing to communicate with the outside world. Hopefully we hear from them by tomorrow.

I wonder how BILC's holiday is going? And I wonder if Filthy's handling the captaincy? I suppose we wouldn't know as they are busy on their secluded board, often failing to communicate with the outside world. Hopefully we hear from them by tomorrow.
I heard Filthy Sanchez is already looking to hand over the captaincy to someone else given he's already stuffed up the job.

I heard Filthy Sanchez is already looking to hand over the captaincy to someone else given he's already stuffed up the job.
Some people just can't handle the limelight and the responsibility. He took up the captaincy at the same time his output was deteriorating. Lucky for him, reputation takes a while to wear off. It will happen, I just wonder if he will still be around to see it.

When taking over the captaincy there are really only a couple of things you need to pick up on in terms of official responsibilities. The good captains go above and beyond, but the official responsibilities are reasonably simple. He either A) Did not check the official responsibilities and decided to "wing it," proving his laziness or B) Did check the official responsibilities of a captain, but ignored them thinking he was above such petty rules, showing his arrogance or C) Did check the official responsibilities of a captain, and forgot about them, proving his incompetence.

Some people just can't handle the limelight and the responsibility. He took up the captaincy at the same time his output was deteriorating. Lucky for him, reputation takes a while to wear off. It will happen, I just wonder if he will still be around to see it.

When taking over the captaincy there are really only a couple of things you need to pick up on in terms of official responsibilities. The good captains go above and beyond, but the official responsibilities are reasonably simple. He either A) Did not check the official responsibilities and decided to "wing it," proving his laziness or B) Did check the official responsibilities of a captain, but ignored them thinking he was above such petty rules, showing his arrogance or C) Did check the official responsibilities of a captain, and forgot about them, proving his incompetence.

Can it somehow be all three?

Maybe he read the rules and ignored them, then forgot that he read the rules and THEN decided he didn't need to read the rules...

Long bow?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you please get out of our thread?

Nah, I'm fine right where I am, dodging warnings from Boncer and the like. I'm ready to get reacquainted with some old friends.

So how have you been Okey? Still creating meaningless medals with your name plastered all over them?

I must say ThePuppetMaster I barely recognise you from way back at the start of the year when you appeared on GFW. You had so much potential then, a big year was coming. But now you've become as irrelevant as saintkildaman. Too bad I guess, Claypigeon was a much better guest anyway.. .

Nah, I'm fine right where I am, dodging warnings from Boncer and the like. I'm ready to get reacquainted with some old friends.

So how have you been Okey? Still creating meaningless medals with your name plastered all over them?

I must say ThePuppetMaster I barely recognise you from way back at the start of the year when you appeared on GFW. You had so much potential then, a big year was coming. But now you've become as irrelevant as saintkildaman. Too bad I guess, Claypigeon was a much better guest anyway.. .

You still love me Filthy, we all know it!

There are so many words you could use to describe SKM, but irrelevant is not one them.

Speaking of irrelevance, where is the rest of your team?

let's get real here Beezykins, I'm only keeping the seat warm until BILC gets back, my fat arse seemed most suited for the job so here I am. You can try to give me as many warnings as you like however.

That isn't the attitude Deddy would take...

let's get real here Beezykins, I'm only keeping the seat warm until BILC gets back, my fat arse seemed most suited for the job so here I am. You can try to give me as many warnings as you like however.
I don't need to do anything, you're doing a perfectly good job at getting them yourself. Stupid face. :D

Ahh! Stuff you! Stupid Furies and your stupid tactics. Now I have "Hello. Frank Walker from National Tiles" in my head :mad: Now you lot can put up with me singing "September to Remember" throughout the 4 quarters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back