Official Match Thread Sweet FA S15 Round 15 : Roys FFC vs Baghdad Bombers at Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Vs_Banner_ROY_BB.png
Greetings and thanks for rejoining the Week 15 SFA pregame show. The Brunswick Junction Oval will see the Roys take on the Baghdad Bombers. Helping me previewing this game is one of the SFAs most experienced statisticians.

The Bombers top the Roys in most statistical head-to-head categories. Do you think this advantage will reflect on the field.
Yeah sure, but team statistics are a cheap way of telling a story. The SFA Someday is proof of that. Some of the more important factors in this game are in the statistics that aren't as sexy as possessions or goals.

Like?
The Bombers work from boundary line throw-ins is superb. The Bombers are tied for first place for hitouts to advantage form boundary throw ins and Shadow Man is the master in these situations.

What of his likely opponent?
pantskyle ? The rookie has established a reputation among opponents with his constant verbal sniping and the umpires have noticed. The young gun is among the league leaders in frees given away. But his defensive work is flawless. He often drops back in to the Roys backline to provide a third man up in the contest and he has the leagues lowest rating for opponents marks in aerial contests he is involved in.

Rating for what?
What didn't you understand? The Roys defensive effort is a strength of the team as Reardo leads the league in spoils and also in the number of times Full Forwards heads have 'accidentally' been hit in marking contests.

Accidentally been hit, c'mon?
Check the replays. The Bombers emphasise the physical aspects of the game too. Gee Dub and @stkildaman are tackling machines, but also rate amongst the league leaders in shepherds, kidney punches in packs and number of stops imprints on opponents feet.

Flog​
The following is a community announcement for all SFA captains
When submitting your teams this week, please submit them with the title OFFICIAL TEAM SHEET. Also tag loopy_cam.

Head to head to be added

Time to keep up our run into the finals - we're going for 5 on the trot here.
And 8 in a row against the Roys :eek: It's almost like they know they're going to lose to us so they just conserve their energy for the next Bingo night.

And 8 in a row against the Roys :eek: It's almost like they know they're going to lose to us so they just conserve their energy for the next Bingo night.

It seems the result of this game is a foregawn conclusion then!!!

Another really important game. Another win would guarantee finals for the top of the table Bombers, whereas the Roys sit outside the top 4 by just their penalty points. This week has a big bearing on the run to the premiership. That's why we will win, we have been better and tougher for longer than our opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another really important game. Another win would guarantee finals for the top of the table Bombers, whereas the Roys sit outside the top 4 by just their penalty points. This week has a big bearing on the run to the premiership. That's why we will win, we have been better and tougher for longer than our opposition.

But we are older and wiser.

We are coming off a win and heavy sedatives, not necessarily in that order.

Our recent win / loss is WWWLW
Our recent sedatives regime is SSSS:mad:
I liked that Fred jinxed your winning streak by asking when was the last time you won 4 in a row before your Rd 13 game.

I liked that Fred jinxed your winning streak by asking when was the last time you won 4 in a row before your Rd 13 game.

lol once it was brought up we were always going to lose.

I know!

We had the incredibly lackluster Fuzzies last week - the averageness of the match thread was extreme!

Well with Mobbs, Broken and myself you wont fall asleep.

To be insanely honest, or honestly insane, pretty much every club has had something to offer in banter/lols/spam this season. I just cycle through the three approaches without really caring. Pre-match is irrelevant anyway so it's just fun to pop in and use you campaigners for my personal enjoyment.

To be insanely honest, or honestly insane, pretty much every club has had something to offer in banter/lols/spam this season. I just cycle through the three approaches without really caring. Pre-match is irrelevant anyway so it's just fun to pop in and use you sillys for my personal enjoyment.

No one posts like us.;)

Kings of the world, Princes of the Universe.

That winning feeling is hard to shake like chuds Dicks lets go Roy's:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back