Official Match Thread Sweet FA S15 Round 15 : West Coast Wonders vs Geelong Gumbies at The Colosseum

Vs_Banner_WCW_GG.png
Hello viewers and welcome back to the Week 15 SFA pregame show. This next game we will be looking at sees the finals bound West Coast Wonders hosting the Geelong Gumbies. This matchup doesn't bode well for the Gumbies as the Wonders accounted for them in both their previous meetings.
Their first encounter, in Round 1, was at the Colisseum and the Wonders touched up the Gumbies to the tune of 39 points. Frothies Mcveigh had an incredible game with 23 handballs, some of his brilliance we will see in the following clip:
1 : 10.19 {rW} - FrothiesMcVeigh looks downfield.
1 : 10.23 {rW} - Huge handpass to Wise Guy Sam. As good as a kick.

2 : 15.14 {rW} - Handpasses to FrothiesMcVeigh.
2 : 15.18 {rHFF} - Quick hands to ShaunDuggan.
2 : 15.22 {rHFF} - ShaunDuggan loves a shot at goal.
2 : 15.26 {rHFF} - It's a goal. ShaunDuggan has 3.

3 : 8.36 {rW} - FrothiesMcVeigh takes them on.
3 : 8.43 {C} - Long handpass to the running Coopers.

4 : 3.58 {rW} - FrothiesMcVeigh has possession.
4 : 4.03 {lW} - Quick hands to ProspectValesFinest under pressure.

4 : 21.19 {rW} - FrothiesMcVeigh assessing what lies ahead of him.
4 : 21.33 {rHFF} - A lookaway handpass to CowboyFromHell.
Some brilliant stuff from FrothiesMcVeigh. The Gumbies will have their work cut out for them trying to curb his influence.

Despite the large margins the Gumbies never gave up the ghost, as the SFAs all time career goalkicking leader winty kicked 3 goals in both of the previous encounters.
Round 1
2 : 1.03 {FF} - This could be a goal to winty.
2 : 1.07 {FF} - It's a goal. A goal to winty.

4 : 4.46 {FF} - winty signals for his teammates to present.
4 : 4.5 {FF} - This should be a certain goal.
4 : 4.54 {FF} - That's number 2 for winty.

4 : 20.19 {FF} - winty turns on the afterburners - look at him go.
4 : 20.21 {FF} - He goes for goal.
4 : 20.21 {FF} - And he gets it.

Round 8
1 : 3.02 {CHF} - winty has a shot from fifty.
1 : 3.05 {CHF} - That is the one the best goals I have seen.

3 : 6.33 {FF} - winty touches the ball to the ground.
3 : 6.37 {FF} - winty ignores a lead to have a shot.
3 : 6.41 {FF} - He's dobbed it.

4 : 19.52 {CHF} - winty with the ball now.
4 : 19.57 {CHF} - Open goal!.
4 : 20.01 {CHF} - What a happy fellow is winty.
Talent like that can't be taught and the Wonders better be on their guard because winty could very easily kick a bag.

As we saw from the highlights there is some exciting talent gracing the field and regardless of the outcome of this match you are guaranteed to see some amazing skills on display.

The following is a community announcement for all SFA captains
When submitting your teams this week, please submit them with the title OFFICIAL TEAM SHEET. Also tag loopy_cam.

Head to head to be added

May 6, 2010
Malborne, Orstrayah
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Richmond until at least Rnd 2 2014
Good work Broken . .. What I learnt from that is that we have to break Frothies Mcveigh 's hand and don't worry about covering the kick plus winty doesn't play well with others and likes a goal. .. Your mine this week DemonJim . ..

Gumbies on the warpath. .. Marklar_33 will split the pack. .. A Bit High is going to knock em down. .. TheDoctor11 will put them back together. .. While wotdoiput and whoopsman runs rings around them. ..

Meanwhile streets and I will sit back and enjoy the show. ..

Edit: A Bit High is already breaking the tag as usual. ..

Good work Broken . .. What I learnt from that is that we have to break Frothies Mcveigh 's hand and don't worry about covering the kick plus winty doesn't play well with others and likes a goal. .. Your mine this week DemonJim . ..

Gumbies on the warpath. .. Marklar_33 will split the pack. .. A Bit High is going to knock em down. .. TheDoctor11 will put them back together. .. While wotdoiput and whoopsman runs rings around them. ..

Meanwhile streets and I will sit back and enjoy the show. ..

Edit: A Bit High is already breaking the tag as usual. ..
And still after all this "domination" the Gumbies still manage to lose...

wotdoiput

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 24, 2007
Millicent, SA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, LA Clippers, Baltimore
Big game Gumbies... it seems that we wont be able to get off the bottom barring a miracle. But that doesnt mean we will give up.... time to go the knuckle!

Mr Gor

Club Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Emanuel Augustus
costly loss last week and will be tough to bounce back against a good side. just need a 4 quarter effort!

I don't mind the odd donut, as long as it's the tasty, cream filled variety, and not from that horrifying land of the donuts!

What's up?

Just subscribing. Nothing important to add other than go Wonders yay.

Back