Official Match Thread Sweet FA S15 Round 16: Geelong Gumbies V Fighting Furies @ House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 16
9329E9F5-4812-4B67-AD58-CDEE0D800D46-1669-000002DB3C21A8B3.jpg
Vs.
FDD85223-0EC8-4294-9F24-E0B469E9BE96-852-0000016B22C536E2.jpg
To put it simply, this match only matters to one team. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the Gumbies never looked like a chance of making finals this season. The Furies on the other hand are desperate to come out with a win to hold onto their narrow grip on 4th place. A loss could be disastrous for the Furies, and leave them waiting on other results. A win would keep their destiny in their own hands.​
SNAPSHOT:
4th - Fighting Furies, 30 points, 108.86%​
8th - Geelong Gumbies, 16 points, 81.18%

Last Week:
The Furies had a massive win in terms of importance against the Demons last week. The 8 point margin was enough to hand them 4th spot and the chance of making finals. The team celebrated after the match, but attention quickly turned to their hapless opponents for this week. The Gumbies lot in one of their most competitive performances for the year. They lost by just 6 points against the now top of the table Wonders away from home.​
Filthy Sanchez and rfctigerarmy had great games for the Furies in their narrow win. Eagleoz was strangely subdued.​
The Gumbies were well served by marker and watdoiput, with MR Gor and A Bit High offering some great support in such a tight loss.​

This Week:
Is all about the Furies. It means little to the Gumbies, although they can help shape the final 4. The Furies will be under a heap of pressure to get the job done against a team they should beat. Rumours of the Gumbies moving the game from the House of Gumby to the Haus of GaGa were found to be untrue.​
The Gumbies need to get a bit more from their captaincy tag team of peterss and StFly. Both were quiet last week but could lead their team to a shock win if they find more of the footy.​
The Furies will look to best and fairest favourite Eagleoz83 to deliver another stellar performance this week. The Furies have relied on Eagleoz in the past, and he has pulled Ablett liked numbers. Eagleoz, rumoured to have played through illness last week, had limited impact. If he can get back to his seasons best, the Furies should win.

Odds:
Fighting Furies: $1.14​
Geelong Gumbies: $4.50

The Furies are strong favourites given what is at stake and the home ground advantage. The Gumbies have shortened though after a competitive performance last week.​

Shameless Self promotion:
The OkeyJoke Medal will culminate in an extravaganza over two nights in the normal thread. All withheld votes will be published at the conclusion of the first week of finals, on the Monday evening and finishing on the Tuesday. Get your dates ready and organise your outfit, as the OkeyJoke Medal concludes for S15 in 3 weeks.

Team Submission:
All teams to be posted by 9PM Friday, AEST. Any other questions regarding team submission procedures should be directed to Filthy Sanchez.​

Yawn, actually managed past the first sentence, but it wouldn't be an okey post if he didn't take a swipe at us somehow to cover his inadequacies so I stopped there.

Can someone fill me in where the dastardly fiend sullied my alert window with his cry for attention?

Time to be the league trollers and ruin everyone's finals chances.

okeydoke7 you could have spelt Marklar_33 and wotdoiput 's names right. .. Plus the Furies ruined our finals chances two seasons in a row now, so we have a heap to play for to return the favour. ..
To be honest I couldn't give two shits about the Gumbies, given they are out of contention :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest I couldn't give two shits about the Gumbies, given they are out of contention :)

Maybe you should have handed off the threads then if you couldn't. .. If I didn't have to hate on Filthy Sanchez this week I'd start to see his side of things. .. ;)

Thought it was a real good preview..... then saw my name spely incorrectly... made me wonder does okey have a job at the Herald Sun?

Lets go Gumbies... we have had a s**t season but lets at least try and take the Furies down with us.

Don't be jerks Gumbies. We need this. Clay needs too stop holding grudges. Just relax man, I'm sure the Gumbies will be better than ever in Season 16. Until then, four points please.

Bribes are most welcome.... but just why we would need to be bribed too lose I dont know....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back