Official Match Thread Sweet FA S15 Round 16: Southern Dragons V West Coast Wonders @ Dragon Island {MOTR}

ROUND 16 Match of the Round:
AD7C9B7B-A311-4B1E-87E8-DB7CDCE9D595-1669-000002DEB667B497.jpg
Vs.
logowonders.png

My choice for the MOTR was simple this week. The penultimate round of the season pits 1st against 3rd in a match pivotal to the premiership race.

SNAPSHOT:
1st - West Coast Wonders, 38 points, 105.44%
3rd - Southern Dragons, 36 points, 103.25%

Last Week:
Last weeks battles mean little to the opposition, as both clubs seem primed to deliver a finals like performance in this pivotal encounter. The Dragons got up in a tight encounter against the Hawks away from home by 11 points. The Wonders also managed a tight victory, winning by just 6 points against the out of form Gumbies.

For the Dragons, the core group of Gibbsy, LJP, Boncer and MD lead the way with plenty of the ball. Poomonkey and WishinAintGetting combined for the last 2 goals in the closing seconds of the game to deliver the win.

The Wonders were also well supported by experienced posters, with PVF, Frothies and Clarkey finding the ball and impacting the scoreboard. Newcomer BostrichBurger was also solid in a game they expected to win by more.

This Week:
The SFA public will be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of this match, just 2 weeks out from finals. With just 2 points and just over 2% separating these teams on the ladder, the importance of the result cannot be overstated.

If the Dragons are to win, they need to see a lift from Vice Captain Easty. Easty has played some great matches this year, but is capable of producing even better. If he hits his straps coming into the finals, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

The Wonders will hope to see the best of Frothies Mcveigh this week. After an amazing start to the season, his performances have levelled off. He is still amongst the best players at the club, but if he can reach the dominance of early season, the Wonders may not leave the top of the table.

Odds:
Southern Dragons: $1.82
West Coast Wonders: $1.95

Staggeringly, the Dragons are the early favourites for this match. Despite sitting behind the Wonders on the ladder, the early money is on the Dragons to breathe fire against the Wonders this week. The Wonders' shaky performance against the cellar dwellers in the Gumbies at home last week has seen them enter this match as underdogs, particularly as they are travelling to Dragon Island. Keep an eye on the market movement this week, as the smart money might come for the Wonders late.

Shameless Self promotion:
The OkeyJoke Medal will culminate in an extravaganza over two nights in the normal thread. All withheld votes will be published at the conclusion of the first week of finals, on the Monday evening and finishing on the Tuesday. Get your dates ready and organise your outfit, as the OkeyJoke Medal concludes for S15 in 3 weeks.

Team Submission:
All teams to be posted by 9PM Friday, AEST. Any other questions regarding team submission procedures should be directed to Filthy Sanchez.

Time to step it up a notch Dragons. A win here almost cements a top 2 spot as well as a chance for momentum heading into the finals.

Huge game.

Time to step it up a notch Dragons. A win here almost cements a top 2 spot as well as a chance for momentum heading into the finals.

Huge game.
You back on the Cats bandwagon now MD? :D

Wise Guy Sam

Premium Platinum
Dec 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Galactic Empire
Big game for both clubs, at the business end of the season.

MOTR indeed as we both battle for a home final. Draft pick order isn't for our fans, we leave that talk to the Hawks and Gumbies, we have glory to deal with.

Dear The Half Back

I'm glad you're back posting full time. 3 posts out of about 6 is THB of old.

What position do you play these days? I hope for an on field tussle.

Your pal,

Wise Guy Sam.

Sep 21, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
The team I made my debut against, oh boy this brings back fond memories! My initiation into the Matches was one I will always remember, especially the post-to-post tussle against The Half Back and MD...

Gonna be a good game, and I'm gonna improve on my rucking skills to lead my team to motherf*cking victoryland!!! :thumbsu:

Gonna be a good game, and I'm gonna improve on my rucking skills to lead my team to motherf*cking victoryland!!! :thumbsu:
You've chosen a bad game if you wish to improve your rucking skills. Nevermind, stand back and enjoy a masterclass lesson you'll never forgot. You're bound to improve in the future if you watch how I go about things.

Bring it bitch.
Hold on a minute, you're a fake.

Forgot entirely you had left the hawks and even more so that you joined the Dragons. If I questioned why you did this, I would lose interest before your response so I will continue to sit at this desk peering out to the letterbox outside and a fellow neighbour's basketball ring that looks too good to not stare at.

Bitch is a nice word because it has multiple meanings, one being, a female that excessively whines for a self-purpose. You are close however as I'm not necessarily female but I am excessive in many things I do, such as;
  • the minutes and hours I can make love for with female partners
  • the amount of "junk" food I can consume yet be as healthy as a fiddle despite not having a physical activity regime apart from being self-pleasured
  • the way I can be superior to people
  • and finally, the way I love people even if they're slapping me left and right to emphasise some point about common courtesy or that "I was wrong" which is usually the case, but I'm still awesome.
How's life on Dragon Island apart from the obviously strict diet of banana peels?

Much love good sir, ClarkeM or as you can call me, The Golden God.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the Wonders have had more MOTR's than yourself.
I'm going out on a limb and saying I've had more MOTR then your club. (I'd reply to your other post but its REALLY long)

Sep 21, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
I'm going out on a limb and saying I've had more MOTR then your club. (I'd reply to your other post but its REALLY long)
I see why you chose the Dragons as your new destination then, you fit the bill perfectly as an incapable, lazy and lacklustre player who will choke and fail this game to set a sour note for your team as they try to prepare for yet another failed finals campaign.

Odds:
Southern Dragons: $1.82
West Coast Wonders: $1.95
And in other news, okeydoke7 re-establishes himself as an idiot after giving the third placed Dragons favourites over the top-of-the table leaders the Wonders. What's next? Rick18 for the Mobbs Medal and mellowyellow to win the AlfAndrews medal?

Who knows what's happening in the glorious SFA, where the better teams are favoured to lose.

I'm after team glory, not stats padding thanks!

You'll need to improve on your stats first and foremost, for your statement of "leading your team to victory" to have any merit.

You may be after team glory (as we all are) but the buck stops with you in the ruck. Unfortunately your improvement won't come this week, so your team glory needs to be put on the back burner for now.

Attention SFA: His weakness has been revealed! Mildly well-constructed posts make boncer34 melt in the most heinous of ways. Uh-oh.

Hmmm... I shall report back to you some time in the near-future, however you perceive the length of both "near" and "future" to be.

Golden God, The.

I see why you chose the Dragons as your new destination then, you fit the bill perfectly as an incapable, lazy and lacklustre player who will choke and fail this game to set a sour note for your team as they try to prepare for yet another failed finals campaign.
What? Dude its 5:04pm. Far to early for intelligent conversation.

Attention SFA: His weakness has been revealed! Mildly well-constructed posts make boncer34 melt in the most heinous of ways. Uh-oh.

Hmmm... I shall report back to you some time in the near-future, however you perceive the length of both "near" and "future" to be.

Golden God, The.
Why are you carrying on like this is some sort of revelation?

What? Dude its 5:04pm. Far to early for intelligent conversation.
There's a free grammar and spelling error check website that usually advertises on this forum. You should give it a look so you don't look like an idiot, as much. Maybe Chief purposely approved of the ad because of you? I might be clutching at straws here but at least I can type properly whilst doing so.

Why are you carrying on like this is some sort of revelation?
I posted 104 times in last week's thread.

The bar has been set however, I need to work on quality too this time ;).

Back