Official Match Thread Sweet FA S15 Round 2: Southern Dragons vs West Coast Wonders @ Dragon Island

Remove this Banner Ad

lsdr.png
VS

Teams to be Submitted by Friday, 29th June, 2012 @9pm AEST. Captains are advised to tag loopy and / or the thread creator for easy access to teams.

The Dragons return home having been eclipsed by the Hawks in round #1 and will be looking for a much better performance from their stalwarts after solid games from PooMonkey, The Half Back and WishinAintGettin couldn’t carry them home. The side which dominated Season 14 for so long only to falter late, will need to pick up the slack at the Island and hope that last round was an aberration and they’re not a spent force.

The boys from the West Coast took inspiration from Europe under new captain ShaunDuggan, and turned their first game at the newly christened Coliseum into a fortress, spanking the Gumbies with half their goals kicked between Duggan and Demon Jim with both midfielders Frothies Mcveigh & Wise Guy Sam pulling 30 possessions and goals to sit on top of the ladder after 1 round.

Verdict
The Dragons will have to close ranks and rediscover their previous form if they hope to stand a chance, as the Wonders have too many up and about early. Wonders by 27.

Wonders: $1.50
Dragons: $3.10
Line: @19 points, $2.25

========================

Matches : 18

Wins :SDR : 11 , WON : 7 , Draw(s) : 0
Home :SDR : 7 , WON : 3 , Draw(s) : 0
Away :SDR : 4 , WON : 3 , Draw(s) : 0
Finals :SDR : 0 , WON : 1 , Draw(s) : 0

SDR biggest winning margin : 54 (WONSDR12.08S)
WON biggest winning margin : 83 (SDRWON13.14S)

SDR Highest score : 143 (Rd 08, Season 12)
SDR Highest home score : 124 (Rd 13, Season 10)
SDR Highest away score : 143 (Rd 08, Season 12)
SDR Highest finals score : 78 (Rd PF, Season 10)
WON Highest score : 145 (Rd 19, Season 11)
WON Highest home score : 145 (Rd 19, Season 11)
WON Highest away score : 114 (Rd 14, Season 13)
WON Highest finals score : 103 (Rd PF, Season 10)

Longest winning streak (SDR) : 2 (Rd 05, 08 to Rd 14, 08)
Longest winning streak (WON) : 2 (Rd PF, 10 to Rd 05, 11)

MATCH BY MATCH :
================
Rd 05, 08 SDR 12.13.85 WON 8.8.56 (SDR)
Rd 14, 08 SDR 14.4.88 WON 11.8.74 (SDR)
Rd 20, 08 SDR 13.12.90 WON 13.13.91 (WON)
Rd 09, 09 SDR 17.12.114 WON 17.8.110 (SDR)
Rd 18, 09 SDR 16.14.110 WON 10.4.64 (SDR)
Rd 06, 10 WON 21.11.137 SDR 11.6.72 (WON)
Rd 13, 10 SDR 19.10.124 WON 14.14.98 (SDR)
Rd 20, 10 WON 15.16.106 SDR 16.15.111 (SDR)
Rd PF, 10 SDR 12.6.78 WON 14.19.103 (WON)
Rd 05, 11 WON 12.12.84 SDR 9.9.63 (WON)
Rd 12, 11 SDR 19.4.118 WON 14.8.92 (SDR)
Rd 19, 11 WON 21.19.145 SDR 11.18.84 (WON)
Rd 01, 12 SDR 9.8.62 WON 15.10.100 (WON)
Rd 08, 12 WON 13.11.89 SDR 21.17.143 (SDR)
Rd 10, 13 WON 13.11.89 SDR 15.16.106 (SDR)
Rd 14, 13 SDR 4.7.31 WON 17.12.114 (WON)
Rd 03, 14 SDR 15.11.101 WON 8.7.55 (SDR)
Rd 10, 14 WON 7.7.49 SDR 9.12.66 (SDR)

With our mass of scoring contributors, Dragons will be unable to hold back the tide of goals kicked on them. Wonders by 19.

Revenge will be sweet after a disappointing loss. The odds are disappointing because we are better what they indicate.

Bring it on!

Dear RUL,

I refuse to research the point but I'm sure we didn't beat you last season. If anyone seeks revenge it would be us because if we beat you a couple of times last season we would have had the chance to easily dispatch of you in the finals, an area that we can both agree you struggle with.

I think it's only right that we all assume you meant redemption. There is no need to attempt to take revenge out on us, we have done you no wrong. Yet. You'll need to wait till round 9 when we play you again before you get the chance to take revenge out on us for embarrassing you on Dragon Island.

How pre emptive of you.

Your pal,

Wise Guy Sam

To the honourable WGS,

Please note I seek revenge the loss for Round 1, and wish to gain this revenge against any team that steps upon Dragon Island. Thus, revenge for our Round 1 performance needs to be taken out upon the Wonders.

Redemption is too soft right now. Round 1 was extremely bitter and disappointing.

Yours truely and without pants,

RUL

Our win against the Gumbies was good, but it could of been better. I'm expecting a tougher contest here so be prepared Wonders. We hold no fear of Dragon Island, nor of the Dragons themselves., must be something to do with us having pet lions since our move to the New arena. I feel like we are members of House Lannister going to war with the Targaryens, we will find a way to win and reign supreme.

Last week was a shithouse thread which ended up correlating with a shithouse performance. Hopefully it'll be the reverse this week.

Last week was a shithouse thread which ended up correlating with a shithouse performance. Hopefully it'll be the reverse this week.
Yeah I was a bit rusty last week. Got sucked in trying to make a point. Happy to see only Dragons and lions in this thread.

In good news for the Dragons I finally found my lucky socks which have been missing since the start of the final series last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t is about to get real! That sort of performance dished up in round 1 won't fly!
Expect a whirlwind of feces to be flung in the direction of the wonders!

s**t is about to get real! That sort of performance dished up in round 1 won't fly!
Expect a whirlwind of feces to be flung in the direction of the wonders!

I am known amongst peers as the Silverback, so expect some back ;)

Your avatar makes me want to watch Heroes V Villians again ;)

Our win against the Gumbies was good, but it could of been better. I'm expecting a tougher contest here so be prepared Wonders. We hold no fear of Dragon Island, nor of the Dragons themselves., must be something to do with us having pet lions since our move to the New arena. I feel like we are members of House Lannister going to war with the Targaryens, we will find a way to win and reign supreme.

Spoilers!!! :eek:
Never fear Duggan, I'm up to date. And a better man for it.

Good on PooMonkey for staring in his own iPhone game. Those never get old...

5216288-1331044276642.jpg

Disappointing effort last week. We need to be better in front of goal against the Wonders, another lacklustre goalkicking effort will have us playing catch up footy again which we don't want. Looking for a more even performance for the team as well as last week the work was left to too few.

ClarkeM said:
How is the line above $2???

Yep. Half the country is loading up on this game right now.

The West Coast Wondernaut rolls on and on. Another 4 points on the road to more premiership glory coming up.

Pffft, Wondernaut to roll off a cliff!

In order to motivate us, I've ordered Stan Bush's 'The Touch' to be played as the mighty Dragons take the field this coming week.

'You got the touch..... you go the Powaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah'

Pffft, Wondernaut to roll off a cliff!

In order to motivate us, I've ordered Stan Bush's 'The Touch' to be played as the mighty Dragons take the field this coming week.

'You got the touch..... you go the Powaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah'

Damn you RUL!! Now I feel obliged to watch the Transformers movie (cartoon). I'll have to fight to hold back the tears when Optimus is destroyed :(

Damn you RUL!! Now I feel obliged to watch the Transformers movie (cartoon). I'll have to fight to hold back the tears when Optimus is destroyed :(
You could have at least put that in spoiler tags. I haven't seen that one yet :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back