Sweet FA Season 14 WGAF Cup Grand Final: Mt Buller Demons vs. Southern Dragons @ The Oval London

Remove this Banner Ad

ldem.png
v
lsdr.png
Teams submitted by end of day Friday. Thats the Australian East Coast end of day for those of you following at home.

Well ladies and gentlemen the SFA has taken the WGAF cup Grand Final to the Mother land in the hopes that playing at The Oval will invoke memories of previous bloodbaths seen on this ground and thus will result in an all-in pre-match brawl. Otherwise we may end up going to sleep.

The Demons have won this title on multiple occasions but aware it is a poisoned chalice because they bombed out in the real stuff after winning the WGAF cup every single time. Having said that the Wonders did the double last season so maybe winning the WGAF cup is only a poisoned chalice if TigerGlory plays in your side.

The Demons off-season was strong with multiple recruiting from other clubs which lead to the outraged Hawks, who prefer to develop players, to label them souless league whores. Or maybe it was the other way around? Its the WGAF cup so research isn't important in these opening chats.

The Demons of course have taken this cup seriously through out the series as evidenced by their captain EBIAC spending roughly 35 seconds on the field in the semi before deciding he had more important things to do and went to the pub for a beer.

Do the Demons care about this comp? Maybe. Possibly. WGAF.

The Dragons however have never tasted success in this cup or indeed in any real season. Again the research into this has been minimal so they may have won it, I think they fluked a flag before the merged. Mobbs will correct me. Maybe. Possibly. WGAF.

Lets pretend I am right and they are success starved then this may be the Dragons best chance to stop being Fremantle and actually sticking something in their trophy captain. Yes Lj "Harvs" p86 has won a couple of individual awards but we all know he's a team orien..... Sorry couldn't get that out with a straight face. Having said that if they are to win history shows they need their captain to play a blinder.

Frothies McVeigh will be looking for his 3rd straight title as he plays in his 4th straight Grand Final leading many people to label him the Stephen King of the SFA. Not that we're suggesting he fell into a good side and got carried to a flag. Merely suggesting his contributions have been minimal. Nah Frothies is a champ and his experience should help the Dragons. I believe he's the only one taking the field to ever taste success? The Dragons are success starved minows and the Demons refuse to recruit outside the club. Again research is minimal.

The big question is can the Dragons young guns ever get a clue and stop posting rubbish? They've already destroyed a potential Z grader in J3V so who knows what they'll do to their current young guns. Easty should be able to save them though. Maybe. Possibly. WGAF

But enough crap. Time for a predicition. Hmm. I predict that the Demons will win by 45 points with Ljp86 to do a Judd and score the medal in a side that gets smashed. That will ensure at least one player is happy tonight and it will be my old nemisis Harvs.

As for the crowd? Well I've heard Mobbs is bringing some chick to shag in the stand so we should get 2 people here.

Yay. Go teams. Good luck. Lol jokes. WGAF.

I can't wait for juggs to lose it over something minor.

As for the crowd? Well I've heard Mobbs is bringing some chick to shag in the stand so we should get 2 people here.

Internet such a poor medium for context and misreading. What I said was, I was dropping in to lay down some chic shag on the seating so the Demons members wouldn't feel they had to stand.

Good luck to both teams, thanks bonce for doing the thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either way it's a win.

If we win this, we have our first trophy and can stop being the Fremantle of the SFA.

If we lose this and the Demons win, that means they'll go on to win the wooden spoon.

Demons lose either way.

Great write up, Bonce. :thumbsu:

Well, we made it this far. History shows that if we try, we lose. On the other hand, if we don't give a stuff, we seem to win. Do I care or not?

So many questions. :eek:

Anyway, hopefully it's a good game.

I'm ordering kids meals for all the Dragons players on the flight over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back