Roys FC (sweet FA) Sweet FA Season 15 - Roys FFC Broken Medal & Other Awards Count - Thursday, Oct 25, 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

He Cheets, just look at his write-up!

Bigfooty user name :Cheetah
AFL Team :Fremantle, always had a soft spot for the Roys.
Old bastard like most Roys are made out to be? : Yes but with a fair dose of Peter Pan syndrome.
Any good at footy in real life? : Went ok, loved the game but loved the front bar too.
What state would you represent (if interested) in the Sweet FA State of origin series? WA

About You At The Roys :
How long have you been with the Roys Fantasy FC? : 1st Season
Had you played Fantasy Footy before, another Sweet FA club, another league? : Dragons, prior to having a year off.
How did you enjoy playing with the Roys FFC? : Loved it, wish I'd made the move sooner but had stayed out of support for Lpj.
How do you rate our season? : Fantastic bunch guys, thought we might even come home strong for the fairytale finish.
How do you rate YOUR season? : Really enjoyed myself, didn't have a good last game. Think Pav's year was better!
How keen are you on returning to the fray for Season 16? : Very keen if you'd like me to return?

Can't believe you weren't the unanimous choice as the fastest Roy.
Me too, was the obvious choice I thought. Although I've seen you drive a get away car and you're no slouch!

Our final anonymous question :

What would you like to see done differently at the Roys (apart from win more games duh)? :
- Nothing really, I love the attention to detail and the banter is good fun.
- Kick Straighter.. getting some * in during the off season might be a good idea
- a 6 burner BBQ, the return of Lioness & less spam shiite
- More active leadership group around the league.
- We need some more experienced players on the field, we have a young group of players. Just need the experience to make finals. Maybe we can recruit the pope.
- Dunno
- A few less spammy posts in the Game threads would be nice. They sure aint the kind of threads you'd read again.
- Nothing
- Take on board some of the other teams ideas of assigning roles to players that want it. More organisation (selection, list submission, etc...). More of a big deal made about players achievements - games played, stats, etc...
- More of the same, great template for other teams.

Congrats to Broken on joining a select group. As the newest member, you pay for the next annual dinner.

Bigfooty user name : Reardo
AFL Team : Lions
Old bastard like most Roys are made out to be? : Yep
Any good at footy in real life? : I held my own
What state would you represent (if interested) in the Sweet FA State of origin series? Allies

About You At The Roys :
How long have you been with the Roys Fantasy FC? : S11
Had you played Fantasy Footy before, another Sweet FA club, another league? : No
How did you enjoy playing with the Roys FFC? : Love it!!
How do you rate our season? : Below par
How do you rate YOUR season? : Well below par
How keen are you on returning to the fray for Season 16? : Super keen, perhaps too keen. Can you be too keen?

Our final anonymous question :

What would you like to see done differently at the Roys (apart from win more games duh)? :
- Nothing really, I love the attention to detail and the banter is good fun.
- Kick Straighter.. getting some * in during the off season might be a good idea
- a 6 burner BBQ, the return of Lioness & less spam shiite
- More active leadership group around the league.
- We need some more experienced players on the field, we have a young group of players. Just need the experience to make finals. Maybe we can recruit the pope.
- Dunno
- A few less spammy posts in the Game threads would be nice. They sure aint the kind of threads you'd read again.
- Nothing
- Take on board some of the other teams ideas of assigning roles to players that want it. More organisation (selection, list submission, etc...). More of a big deal made about players achievements - games played, stats, etc...
- More of the same, great template for other teams.

Going to be some disappointed players then next season. I was only warming up this season.

OK, I've found out the dish ran away with the spoon so the count can resume.

Life membership! I am humbled and honoured. I didn't do a thing in my first tour of duty, somehow lucked out winning a Mobbs medal and premiership medal, but was justifiably dropped in season 8. Only a chance PM/email from Mobbs (that I actually paid attention to) at the end of season 13 got me interested again and maybe it was the underdog Royboy inside me fighting against the posting bye stigma that fired up my activity.
I enjoy being a member of the Roys, can't see myself anywhere else, and now I'm here for life. A big thanks to Fred Fat Pizza FattyLumpkin and Mobbenfuhrer for your selections and to all the Roys I've shared a laugh with along the way.

Now my response to Mobbs questionaire will make me look a bit sillier :D

Thanks Broken. I wish you went that long when Mabel, yourself and I were playing "Stacks on" during the break while everyone else was doing the Nutbush or Bus Stop. In case you don't get the reference I'm the reanimated corpse of Robert Stack.

Before we resume the vote count we will announce the winner of the PTizzle Medal awarded to the Best first year player in honour of PTizzle.
This years Roys rookie class was a strong group consisting of Cheetah pantskyle icefreak royboy 29 Sasquatch Dicky Fitzwell and of course Bender_ . While most would be deserving winners in any other season it was hard to go past the powehouse effort of pantskyle who was very active across the team threads and the board itself. Congrats pantskyle.

ROUND 4 Vs Furies
A promising opening saw pantskyle, Freakie and Maroon Goon looking to get the ball forward, but the Furies put a halt to that and before we knew it the Furies had scored four points. On the fourth kick out we got some better ball movement, thanks to Sasquatch, and managed to finally reach our forward line where Carn the Roys! slotted a point. Maroon Goon continued to work tirelessly as did Reardo who was doing his best to stop the rapid entries of the dominant Furies who went to the first change with a 23 on the board to our 1. We couldn't touch the pill as the Furies scored 2 goals 3 before a rushed behind signalled our next score. A Bronx cheer erupted as Made4September mopped up a Furies spill and he dished off to Cheetah who scored our first major before the Furies resumed their scoring. We closed out the quarter with a goal and couple of points saw us trudge in to the rooms 36 points down. We continued getting drubbed as the Furies extended the lead by 13 despite Roylion, pantskyle and Sasquatchs best efforts, this led to a mini run of fortune as Cheetah, Roylion and Kooka added goals before the Furies answered to take their 3/4 time lead back to 36 points. Our efforts to get back in to the game in the 3rd quarter started to tell as our final quarter was much like the 1st, in this case we scored 2 points, while the Furies added 4 goals to smash us. ROYS 5.7.37 Furies 14.12.96

Votes :
5 Sasquatch
4 Maroon Goon
3 Cheetah
2 Stocka
1 Roylion
Match stats

LEADERBOARD
10 Freakie
6 3KZ is Football
6 Stocka
5 Ed_Gein
5 Sasquatch
4 Carn the Roys!
4 Maroon Goon
4 pantskyle
3 Broken
3 Cheetah
3 Fred
2 Mobbenfuhrer
2 Reardo
1 Made4September
1 Royboy2
1 Roylion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Broken. I wish you went that long when Mabel, yourself and I were playing "Stacks on" during the break while everyone else was doing the Nutbush or Bus Stop. In case you don't get the reference I'm the reanimated corpse of Robert Stack.

Before we resume the vote count we will announce the winner of the PTizzle Medal awarded to the Best first year player in honour of PTizzle.
This years Roys rookie class was a strong group consisting of Cheetah pantskyle icefreak @royboy29 Sasquatch Dicky Fitzwell and of course Bender_ . While most would be deserving winners in any other season it was hard to go past the powehouse effort of pantskyle who was very active across the team threads and the board itself. Congrats pantskyle.
2ljht8n.gif
Thanks you, you love me you really do. I don't know who votes for this but I'm happy to win. I'll keep it short and sweet. I have signed on for another season and all I had to do was give Mobbs a massage.​
Go 'rillas.​

ROUND 5 Vs Demons
Maroon Goon ensured this match didn't start the same was as last week as he set off a chain that resulted in Mobbenfuhrer kicking the first goal of the match. A quick Demons point and we went coast to coast with Broken dobbing our second. After a couple of Demons behinds Broken and Sasquatch teamed up to get Cheetah the ball who slotted our 3rd. Mobbenfuhrer was making his presence known in the middle of the field and was setting up scoring chances for the team while Maroon Goon was keeping the ball away from our half back line. When it passed him the Demons scored and they briefly hit the lead before Royboy2 put us back in front for us to have a 3 point lead. After the oranges break we witnessed some sloppy goal kicking as only 1 goal was scored in the entire 2nd quarter along with 10 behinds. We ended the first half 17 points up. The Demons dominated play in the first half of the third quarter, but we were able to hold them to 2 behinds. Fred tightened the screws with his first goal, quickly followed by a goal to Stocka before the Demons scored 3 more behinds. Two late goals to our opponents cut the lead to 7 but Royboy2 stretched the lead to 13 with a late goal before the siren. Fred opened the 4th quarter with his fifth behind, a sign of things to come. Dicky Fitzwell added a goal before a pantskyle snap smacked in to the goalpost. Fred then followed with his 6th, 7th and 7th behinds before a Fredaleunko! mark set up his second goal and at this point we were 30 points clear. The Demons made a small rally, but by the time the siren blew it was the Roys ahead by 18 points with a lot of Roys playing fantastic games. ROYS 10.16.76 Demons 8.10.58

Votes :
5 Broken
4 Mobbenfuhrer
3 3KZ is Football
2 Maroon Goon
1 pantskyle
Match stats

LEADERBOARD
10 Freakie
9 3KZ is Football
8 Broken
6 Maroon Goon
6 Mobbenfuhrer
6 Stocka
5 Ed_Gein
5 pantskyle
5 Sasquatch
4 Carn the Roys!
3 Cheetah
3 Fred
2 Reardo
1 Made4September
1 Royboy2
1 Roylion

ROUND 6 Vs Gumbies
The early stages of the first quarter saw neither team take advantage as the scores were tied at 1.1.7. Following our first behind we pegged the Gumbies inside our forward half where pantskyle added a point and following that behind we halted the Gumbies again resulting in a goal to Broken. From the bounce nice work from 3KZ and Made4September led to another point which thanks to more forward pressure quickly resulted in a 4th behind and then a goal to Dicky Fitzwell. We were getting on top of the Gumbies and led by 16 points at quarter time. Two early goals to the Gumbies started the 2nd despite the good work from Maroon Goon, pantskyle and Freakie. Pantskyle answered with a goal after a 1-2 with Cheetah. But this time it was the Gumbies turn to apply the clamps as they put through two unanswered goals to take the lead. Stocka and Made4September put through our 8th and 9th behinds and our inaccuracy was keeping the Gumbies in it as they led by 7 at the half. Carn the Roys! started to get himself involved at the start of the 2nd half which saw the Roys take the lead. After a 3KZ goal the Roys added 5 goals 1 to 2 goals 4 to lead by 16 points at the last break. 3KZ is Football and Freakie were instrumental in getting the Roys back in front. The Roys managed to keep the Gumbies at arms length and both teams had added 1 goal 2 to start the final term, that's when the Roys were either going to run away with it or succumb to another last quarter fade out. Made4Septermber was getting stronger as the game went on and Fred was starting to impose himself up front kicking his 2nd goal (following his 5th behind). Carn the Roys! slotted one and the Roys were 28 points clear halfway through the final term. The Gumbies stole a goal back before Freds 3rd and a Freakie goal had us 35 points up. The Gumbies came at us but wasted their chances as we rolled to what became a comfortable victory. ROYS16.17.113 Gumbies 12.13.85

Votes :
5 Made4September
4 Stocka
3 3KZ is Football
2 Carn the Roys!
1 Maroon Goon
Match stats

LEADERBOARD
12 3KZ is Football
10 Freakie
10 Stocka
8 Broken
7 Maroon Goon
6 Carn the Roys!
6 Made4September
6 Mobbenfuhrer
5 Ed_Gein
5 pantskyle
5 Sasquatch
3 Cheetah
3 Fred
2 Reardo
1 Royboy2
1 Roylion

Let me sneak this through while I have a chance, sorry it ran over.

Our final dossier for tonight :

Bigfooty user name : Broken
AFL Team : No current AFL team
Old bastard like most Roys are made out to be? : Age wise? Getting there, {don't need to give actual age}.
Any good at footy in real life? : Good average player in juniors until Under-19s. Before ankle, knee and hip injuries forced me away.
What state would you represent (if interested) in the Sweet FA State of origin series? Victorian Correctional Services.

About You At The Roys :
How long have you been with the Roys Fantasy FC? : 155 games
Had you played Fantasy Footy before, another Sweet FA club, another league? : Not like this. Dreamteam comps and the like I have.
How did you enjoy playing with the Roys FFC? : Being a part of the Roys is the best part of being in the SFA. Without them I wouldn't enjoy it.
How do you rate our season? : 3 out of 8. Wish our on field success matched our off field output.
How do you rate YOUR season? : Best to date. Hopefully I helped put the Roys out there and shake the stigma of a posting bye. Should stay away from SFA issues though
How keen are you on returning to the fray for Season 16? : 75%[/color]

Hi Robert Stack again. The count has taken an interesting turn - cue Unsolved mysteries music - as precount favourite Freakie currently is tied for second place with Stocka and both trailing 3KZ is Football. It is early days however and a good chance to announce another award.

The next award is the flea29 medal awarded to the biggest improver from the previous season named after the season 14 winner flea29 - This seasons winner is Maroon Goon whose presence grew as the season went on and he became another valuable contributor for the Roys.

The count will continue after this short break.

Well done Maroon Goon !

Who has just this past hour shot me

... a selection of the questionnaire q's :

Maroon Goon
AFL Team : Fitzroy/North Melb
Any good at footy in real life? : Yep but only played up till u 16
What state would you represent (if interested) in the Sweet FA State of origin series? ( Allies. )
How long have you been with the Roys Fantasy FC? : Think this is only my second season?
How do you rate our season? Fare da middlen.
Who do you think was the best ONFIELD player for the Roys this year? : Think Dick played a few final great games.

Based on what you experienced. which Roys player seemed to be the :
- Fastest Fat Pizza
- Slowest maybe myself lol
- Dirtiest May be Broken but have to chew over that. Most Amusing Mobbs Reardo and Dick
- Surliest I'll leave this one ;-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back