Roys FC (sweet FA) Sweet FA Season 17 : Roys FFC Broken medal count - Friday 11th April 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 14

3 losses from our last four games saw us knocked off top spot to sit in 3rd place. A trip to Alberton to take on the 9th placed Alberton was a perfect prescription to turn around our fortunes.
During the week the Roys players were read the riot act and were warned not to underestimate a cellar dwelling team like they did last week.
The Roys seemed to get the message as Freakie and SuburbanMe opened the scoring with a goal each. A couple of Roys behinds were followed by a couple Roys goals via TheBrownDog and Reardo. Then Freakie kicked his second goal, following a Roys behind, to give the Roys a 33 point lead before the Swamprats had even scored – which they did via a goal. Freakie kicked a pair of behinds but that was followed by goals to SuburbanMe, Cheetah, Freakie and Broken. As the Roys led 9.5.59 to 1.0.6 after one quarter.
The Swamprats started the 2nd quarter with 2 goals before Freakie kicked his fourth. The rats continued scoring with 3 goals to cut our lead to 29 points. Reardo, Cheetah and SuburbanMe goaled to round out the Roys goal scoring for the half, but the Swampies had cut our lead to 39 points by the main break.
Wmoore kicked a quick goal and SuburbanMe kicked his fourth and that lead was 51 points, but our opponents kept fighting to close to 33 points. Freakie kicked his sixth goal and Fred kicked a couple of goals and we took an 8 goal lead in to the final quarter.
The Roys were urged to finish strong and there were a lot of people paying attention. 3 Roys goals to open the third term gave us a 65 point lead and that margin barely varied for the remainder of the quarter. Freakie kicked 7 and SuburbanMe kicked 5 as the Roys piled on 25 goals for the game.
ROYS 25.14.164 Swamprats 15.6.96.

Votes:
8 – Reardo
7 – SuburbanMe
6 – Freakie
5 – Broken
4 – Cheetah
3 – Fred
2 – wmoore Mooch
1 – TheBrownDog

Match Stats

Leaderboard:
59 – Reardo
53 – Fred
50 – Cheetah
49 – wmoore
35 – 3KZ is Football
30 – Freakie
26 – Dicky Fitzwell
24 – Broken
18 – fitzroybulldog
17 – Mobbenfuhrer
17 – royboy2
15 – Cannon82
15 – FitzroyRamone
15 – pantskyle
15 – Wonaeamirri33
12 – Slax
10 – SuburbanMe
9 – Grin
8 - Bosk
7 – PTizzle
7 – Roylion
5 - Volta
3 – CM Sean
3 – Ed_Gein
1 - TheBrownDog
1 - thecatwrangler

ROUND 15

After the dominant display last week the Roys finals fate was purely in their hands as a win this week would guaranteed finals action. Standing in the way were the West Coast Wonders who we accounted for in an epic game earlier this season, so we knew this was going to be a tough match and we were hoping the finals carrot would fire up the boys.
Oddly the selection committee dropped Mobbenfuhrer, Broken and Reardo in the leadup to the match and the crowd at the Colosseum mocked the Roys mercilessly while they watched their team take a 21 point lead before the Roys scored. Cannon82 and CM Sean were getting lots of touches for the Roys, but others needed to lift to turn around the 25 point quarter time margin.
And lift they did. Goals to wmoore, Cheetah and Freakie opened the 2nd quarter then Volta went on a one man scoring spree to push the Roys ahead by a goal! The Roys tried to sustain that effort, but the Wonders snuffed out any further Roys scores while racing away to the lead again. A 28 point margin was cut to 22 points after a Freakie goal and the Roys headed to the change rooms needing to work on getting back in to the game.
Despite the best efforts of Ed_Gein and 3KZ is Football the Roys were unable to make inroads on their deficit only closing to 27 points as the Wonders headed in to the last quarter with a 33 point lead.
The Roys of old may have given up right here, but the Season 17 Roys are full of fight. Freakie and Carn the Roys! Goaled to open the quarter, then pantskyle and Freakie (with his 6th) added more goals following a Wonders goal and the margin was now 14 points. The Wonders scored a behind and the Roys couldn’t clear Half Back after the kick in allowing a crucial goal which broke the back of the Roys comeback and sealed the loss.
ROYS 16.11.107 Wonders 19.14.128

Votes:
8 – 3KZ is Football
7 – Fred
6 – wmoore Mooch
5 – CM Sean
4 – Cheetah
3 – Freakie
2 – Cannon82
1 – Dicky Fitzwell Fitzwell

Match Stats

Leaderboard:
60 – Fred
59 – Reardo
55 – wmoore
54 – Cheetah
43 – 3KZ is Football
33 – Freakie
27 – Dicky Fitzwell
24 – Broken
18 – fitzroybulldog
17 – Cannon82
17 – Mobbenfuhrer
17 – royboy2
15 – FitzroyRamone
15 – pantskyle
15 – Wonaeamirri33
12 – Slax
10 – SuburbanMe
9 – Grin
8 – Bosk
8 – CM Sean
7 – PTizzle
7 – Roylion
5 - Volta
3 – Ed_Gein
1 - TheBrownDog
1 - thecatwrangler

ROUND 16

The Roys found themselves in 4th place after some recent struggles and their task wasn’t going to be any easier against the 1st placed Dragons. At stake was a long overdue finals berth, with a win, and the Roys were fired up to knock down a fellow finals competitor.
The Dragons were also fired up, well more fired up than usual for a Dragon. They bolted out of blocks with 2 goals and 2 behinds and held a 14 point lead 8 minutes in to the quarter. Wmoore stopped the lack of scoring with a goal, but he wasn’t alone as Freakie and pantskyle kicked a pair of goals and fitzroybulldog and Royboy2 kicked goals too as the Roys surged to a 30 point lead.
The goalscoring onslaught continued in the 2nd quarter. Royboy2 goaled, as did fitzroybulldog, Cannon82 and Broken and the Roys had a 53 point lead halfway through the 2nd quarter. The Dragons got one back but the Roys goals kept coming. Freakie and Cannon82 added to their goal tally and the Dragons fans were stunned as the visiting Roys held a 60 point lead and were racing away with the game. The Roys confidence was growing, but was it overconfidence? The Dragons battled back to get to within 37 points at the big break.
The Dragons kept battling in the new half as they kept hitting the scoreboard. Slax offered some resistance with a pair of goals, but the Dragons had fought to within one goal. Rookie Volta provided a spark with a goal, which he backed up soon after and TheBrownDog and royboy2 followed his lead to push the Roys back out to a 27 point lead.
The Roys had put 29 scoring shots on the board to 3 quarter time and found the bombing away approach was the best method to win this week. Fitzroybulldog and Volta bombed away and the Roys pushed out to a lead of 34 points. The Dragons answered with 3 behinds and Carn the Roys! Kicked a behind of his own. Freakie followed with 2 scoring shots – 1 goal 1 behind - and with 10 minutes left the Roys had a 39 point lead. The Dragons dug deep to cut that lead and with 8 minutes remaining goaled, and scored another less than a minute later. The lead was now 27 points. 5 minutes remained and that lead became 21 points with another Dragons goal and the Roys were starting to look rattled. The Dragons kept pushing forward, but the Roys were halting their charge as precious minutes ticked away. A late behind to the Dragons made small difference to the result as the joyous Roys booked their place in the Season 17 finals.
ROYS 24.11.155 Dragons 21.9.135

Votes:
8 – Slax
7 – fitzroybulldog
6 – pantskyle
5 – Cannon82
4 – wmoore Mooch
3 – 3KZ is Football
2 – Ed_Gein
1 – FitzroyRamone

Match Stats

Leaderboard:
60 – Fred
59 – Reardo
59 – wmoore
54 – Cheetah
46 – 3KZ is Football
33 – Freakie
27 – Dicky Fitzwell
25 – fitzroybulldog
24 – Broken
22 – Cannon82
21 – pantskyle
20 – Slax
17 – Mobbenfuhrer
17 – royboy2
16 – FitzroyRamone
15 – Wonaeamirri33
10 – SuburbanMe
9 – Grin
8 – Bosk
8 – CM Sean
7 – PTizzle
7 – Roylion
5 – Ed_Gein
5 - Volta
1 - TheBrownDog
1 - thecatwrangler

With 2 rounds remaining, only 5 players can win the Broken Medal. Will it be one of the wingmen in Fred or 3KZ is Football? Can Reardo bounce back from his late season omission? Will utility player Cheetah get reward for his adaptability? Or will it be prize recruit wmoore/mooch? Let’s find out.

ROUND 17

With a finals spot in the bag the Roys had the second chance to play for. It was also a good chance to get finals ready against a hungry Gumbies team that were hoping to clinch a spot themselves with a win.
The Roys showed the Gumbies what a finals contending team looked like as they hammered the goals early, however with 5 scoring shots they could only gain a 10 point lead, which the Gumbies easily reeled in on their way to a 12 point quarter time lead – aided by 3 goals to close the quarter.
The Gumbies goal fest continued as they bounced away to a 44 point lead before the Roys scored for the first time in the quarter. It wasn’t the last time as the Roys held the Gumbies scoreless while cutting the deficit to 25 by the half.
The Gumbies pushed out to a 37 point lead early in the 3rd quarter and while the teams went blow for blow the Roys could not make inroads and needed a big last quarter to keep their Top 2 ambitions alive.
The Gumbies had their own finals ambitions and pushed the lead out to 50 points. The Roys put on a late scoring flurry, but it wasn’t enough to get the win.
Of the 5 medal contenders Reardo was selected this week in the ruck and was busy. Cheetah moved from the ruck to CHF and struggled with the change. Fred got a lot of the ball, as did 3KZ who starred as usual but had a quiet game by his standards and wmoore gave a solid effort and you’d expect some of this quintet to poll votes.
ROYS 13.8.86 Gumbies 18.9.117

Votes:
8 – fitzroybulldog
7 – Slax
6 – 3KZ is Football
5 – Fred
4 – Broken
3 – Dicky Fitzwell
2 – Reardo
1 – Mobbenfuhrer

Match Stats

Leaderboard:
65 – Fred
61 – Reardo
59 – wmoore
54 – Cheetah
52 – 3KZ is Football
33 – fitzroybulldog
33 – Freakie
30 – Dicky Fitzwell
28 – Broken
27 – Slax
22 – Cannon82
21 – pantskyle
18 – Mobbenfuhrer
17 – royboy2
16 – FitzroyRamone
15 – Wonaeamirri33
10 – SuburbanMe
9 – Grin
8 – Bosk
8 – CM Sean
7 – PTizzle
7 – Roylion
5 – Ed_Gein
5 - Volta
1 - TheBrownDog
1 - thecatwrangler

ROUND 18

Similar scenario as last week as the Roys had a chance to clinch a top 2 spot with a massive win against an opponent desperate to clinch a finals berth, this time the 7th placed Bombers.
The Bombers showed that they were the hungrier team as they had 6 of the first 7 scoring shots of the game to take a 30 point lead. The teams traded scores and the Roys were 4 goals down one quarter in.
The Roys held the Bombers to only 2 goals in the 2nd quarter, but could only score 3 themselves. However they had cut the margin slightly and trailed by 22 at the big break.
The Bombers burst out of the change rooms with a 4 goal blast to take their lead to 46 points, the Roys battled but couldn’t get it closer than the 40 points by the last break.
A couple of early goals made little impact as the Bombers ran away with a 43 point lead. In the wash up it wasn’t enough for the Bombers to make the finals and the Roys finished the season in 4th place.
Of the medal contenders they all got a lot of touches, but were those touches valuable enough to attract the votes?
ROYS 12.3.75 Bombers 18.10.118

Match Stats

Votes:

1 – wmoore Mooch

5 – Cannon82
6 – Mobbenfuhrer
7 – Fred
8 – fitzroybulldog

BrokenMedal.png

SEASON 17 WINNER : FRED

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broken_MedalS17_zpseeadef33.png

Leaderboard:
72 – Fred
65 – Reardo
60 – wmoore
54 – Cheetah
52 – 3KZ is Football
41 – fitzroybulldog
33 – Freakie
30 – Dicky Fitzwell
30 – Slax
28 – Broken
27 – Cannon82
24 – Mobbenfuhrer
23 – pantskyle
17 – royboy2
16 – FitzroyRamone
15 – Wonaeamirri33
10 – SuburbanMe
9 – Grin
8 – Bosk
8 – CM Sean
7 – PTizzle
7 – Roylion
5 – Ed_Gein
5 - Volta
1 - TheBrownDog
1 - thecatwrangler

Congratulations Fred. You win the Broken Medal and Five. Thousand. Dollars.

What?!?!?!?! He aint be winning any money? Cmon give the brother something. You cheap asses aint even give him a proper medal. The mutha ******* medal all broke and s**t.

Ah * it. I’m Eddie Murphy and you all been great. I’ll leave you with Fred, hopefully, and Broken too. You guys have been great, enjoy Vegas.

Well done Fred! Getting a long speech out of Fred might be a problem, because he knows brevity is the soul of wit and he posts accordingly. But I just saw him coming out of the toilets with Reardo and Mooch and I suspected there might have been some personality powder involved. Pantskyle has been in there cutting up lines all night and there has been a steady stream of players ducking in and out.

Well done Fred! Getting a long speech out of Fred might be a problem, because he knows brevity is the soul of wit and he posts accordingly. But I just saw him coming out of the toilets with Reardo and Mooch and I suspected there might have been some personality powder involved. Pantskyle has been in there cutting up lines all night and there has been a steady stream of players ducking in and out.
Reardo told me that was self-raising flour.

Congratulations to Fred for taking out your 3rd Broken Medal. You’re an absolute Roys legend.
Well done to Reardo, mooch, Cheetah and 3KZ on great seasons too!

Congratulations also to 3KZ (twice), Mooch, Volta, Reardo, fitzroybulldog and Freakie for taking home awards (and some of the liquor bottles from the bar).

Thanks for Eddie Murphy for hosting tonight. Eddie, as promised, there is a trans hooker in the parking lot for you.

A big thank you to all the players who contributed to the match threads this season. Through the course of the season we had 30 different contributors in all our games, with all but one week having 18 or more contributors. We had 10 players fronting up to all 19 games and our depth was the envy of the league and a credit to everyone. I’m sure there’s a bunch of records there :D

As I’m leaving the Roys as of now I can’t speak for next season but I encourage you all to keep flying the flag for the Roys.

As for me, it will be sad to leave the BJO as I’ve had a s**t load of fun in my second-go-round with the Roys. While the on field hasn’t been as successful as we’d hoped, the off field banter has always brought loads of enjoyment and I hope you’ve all enjoyed me being a Roy too.
Thanks to everyone who has played with the Roys and contributed to the team in the past 4 seasons, thanks for making it a lot of fun and good luck next season.

My path has changed so now I’m quietly walking in to the sunset, but before I disappear I’m going to hit Vegas… I’ll leave the microphone on if anyone wants to say something. I hope you enjoyed the night.

Thanks all. It's been great playing with you blokes - without a doubt the most enjoyable club I've been at. Congratulations to everyone who won something and to those that didn't. Playing with the Roys is reward enough.

Well done to Broken for doing the count and good luck with your new club. Good luck to that other bloke that's pissing off - again.

I'll finish with the heartfelt cry of all saints supporters at the end of every season - maybe next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back