Rules Sweet FA - Season 21 Rules

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute nonsense. You say you've been in the committee for 4 seasons yet you peddle this tripe? You're telling stories.

Mein Kampf.

I was obviously referring to voting for things that actually mean something. I apologise if that was too tongue in cheek for you.

I was obviously referring to voting for things that actually mean something. I apologise if that was too tongue in cheek for you.
It was one of a series of posts where you pedalled some tripe about the committee never before being involved in decisions/votes about anything except awards. As if you are some revolutionary Lord among the plebs.

My post before the one you quoted (you know, the one you chose not to address), expands on this point.

PS - Your rule changes are (mostly) s**t.

It was one of a series of posts where you pedalled some tripe about the committee never before being involved in decisions/votes about anything except awards. As if you are some revolutionary Lord among the plebs.

My post before the one you quoted (you know, the one you chose not to address), expands on this point.

PS - Your rule changes are (mostly) s**t.

I've been well aware on your viewpoints on particular rules for a very long time.

I've been well aware on your viewpoints on particular rules for a very long time.

And yet the only thing i can say that okey ever accomplished was to make Bouncer look better than he was.

Can we have a democracy now?

Actually they weren't my rule changes. Between Seasons 17 and 18 they got a complete overhaul based on public consultation on what all players wanted to see, then committee consultation.

As a committee we formulated the rules for S18 and they weren't published until a majority were satisfied. After S18 we revisited as a committee and all members were asked to bring up and then discuss any proposed amendments. They again were not published until all committee members were satisfied.

As such, I was happy to back in the set of rules at every opportunity against all criticism. I didn't agree with all of the rules. Particularly a 1 point penalty doubling on each offence (which effectively ruled the 2nd offence irrelevant). But because they were formulated by a representative from each club, the whole league had to take ownership over them and hence they were defendable.

That doesn't stop the stones being thrown though. I've got a handful ready to sling now actually.

Actually they weren't my rule changes. Between Seasons 17 and 18 they got a complete overhaul based on public consultation on what all players wanted to see, then committee consultation.

As a committee we formulated the rules for S18 and they weren't published until a majority were satisfied. After S18 we revisited as a committee and all members were asked to bring up and then discuss any proposed amendments. They again were not published until all committee members were satisfied.

As such, I was happy to back in the set of rules at every opportunity against all criticism. I didn't agree with all of the rules. Particularly a 1 point penalty doubling on each offence (which effectively ruled the 2nd offence irrelevant). But because they were formulated by a representative from each club, the whole league had to take ownership over them and hence they were defendable.

That doesn't stop the stones being thrown though. I've got a handful ready to sling now actually.

I don't know if we're discussing the same thing.

I also know you've got many a stone. I can't wait to see them littering the main board again.

Okey makes committee board less consultative by kicking out extra contributors.

Okey complains new admin isn't consultative enough.

Picard-Facepalm.jpg

Okey makes committee board less consultative by kicking out extra contributors.

Okey complains new admin isn't consultative enough.

Picard-Facepalm.jpg
Blatantly incorrect. It was never about "kicking out extra contributors," but about allowing MORE consultations.

With the upgrade to 12 teams, plus mods and simmers and the admin, we had around 26 people in the committee. During attempts to consult, it simply became a cluster**** every time something came up despite clear instruction.

The biggest issue was simple. A question/decision would be thrown to the committee and two posters from the same club would offer different opinions/votes on the issue. Put simply, it was just becoming a forum where people pedal their own personal opinions rather than representing the views of their club.

That's how the committee is meant to work. I stressed that 400 times to no avail. Each committee rep should be representing their CLUB'S VIEWS. Having two members from the same club squabbling over the issue in the committee (let alone multiplying that by 12) was no longer consultation. It was shambolic. It wasn't a committee anymore, it was just a forum.

So why not streamline the committee so each club has ONE representative and ONE voice, giving each club a far more manageable and streamlined representative for their interests. Before going to vote, why not throw the consultation out to the entire board, like I did on many occasions (including surveys on season length, fixture preferences, off-season length, points penalties and rules). That is the place for the cluster**** of opinions. The committee is not. That's the final tick off from a voice from each of the clubs.

The Filth Wizard is well within his rights to up the committee representatives to 10 per club if he would like. Because apparently according to the "retired" moron who can't keep away as we all predicted, more members on a committee makes you more consultative.

You do realise okeydoke7 that what you're describing there is a lack of moderation and leadership in controlling the forum.

You could have, I dunno, asked the representatives to submit a united front.

What you're effectively saying is that you didn't have the time to deal with it. This is why you should never have been admin. Come in make decrees, * off for 7 days, repeat cycle.

Blatantly incorrect. It was never about "kicking out extra contributors," but about allowing MORE consultations.

With the upgrade to 12 teams, plus mods and simmers and the admin, we had around 26 people in the committee. During attempts to consult, it simply became a cluster**** every time something came up despite clear instruction.

The biggest issue was simple. A question/decision would be thrown to the committee and two posters from the same club would offer different opinions/votes on the issue. Put simply, it was just becoming a forum where people pedal their own personal opinions rather than representing the views of their club.

That's how the committee is meant to work. I stressed that 400 times to no avail. Each committee rep should be representing their CLUB'S VIEWS. Having two members from the same club squabbling over the issue in the committee (let alone multiplying that by 12) was no longer consultation. It was shambolic. It wasn't a committee anymore, it was just a forum.

So why not streamline the committee so each club has ONE representative and ONE voice, giving each club a far more manageable and streamlined representative for their interests. Before going to vote, why not throw the consultation out to the entire board, like I did on many occasions (including surveys on season length, fixture preferences, off-season length, points penalties and rules). That is the place for the cluster**** of opinions. The committee is not. That's the final tick off from a voice from each of the clubs.

The Filth Wizard is well within his rights to up the committee representatives to 10 per club if he would like. Because apparently according to the "retired" moron who can't keep away as we all predicted, more members on a committee makes you more consultative.

12?
Fighting Furies never did this.

Lies like a pig in s**t does okey.

You do realise okeydoke7 that what you're describing there is a lack of moderation and leadership in controlling the forum.

You could have, I dunno, asked the representatives to submit a united front.

What you're effectively saying is that you didn't have the time to deal with it. This is why you should never have been admin. Come in make decrees, *caress* off for 7 days, repeat cycle.
Nonsense, not that you have any basis for that assertion anyway.

Of course I asked. But a lot of posters can't help themselves when it comes to expressing their own opinions. The committee is designed to give each club A voice. They don't need two.

A) What are the benefits of two members?
B) Why did the move to reduce the committee receive majority support from clubs with co-captains in place?
C) Why is there no proposal to expand the committe now that I'm gone?
D)If you listed benefits under question A, wouldn't these benefits be expanded with 3 members per team? 4? 5? 6? 7? Where would YOU draw the line if I selected the joke option for s21?
E) why haven't you retired properly?

Nonsense, not that you have any basis for that assertion anyway.

Of course I asked. But a lot of posters can't help themselves when it comes to expressing their own opinions. The committee is designed to give each club A voice. They don't need two.

A) What are the benefits of two members?
B) Why did the move to reduce the committee receive majority support from clubs with co-captains in place?
C) Why is there no proposal to expand the committe now that I'm gone?
D)If you listed benefits under question A, wouldn't these benefits be expanded with 3 members per team? 4? 5? 6? 7? Where would YOU draw the line if I selected the joke option for s21?
E) why haven't you retired properly?

A) More discussion. Just because you couldn't handle that discussion doesn't make more discussion bad. Also having 2 members give a degree of oversight, it doesn't feel like each team is being run through 1 person so when that person goes missing or doesn't communicate to the team well you are living in the dark as to what is going on inside decisions which may impact upon teams and therefore those players.

B) Majority support my ass. Where's the proof? How about you name those that were the problem. Those that you could not handle. Some admin you are if you couldn't even put your put down in a forum of 20. Others can effectively mod for 1000s without any issue. Mobbs supported having 2 reps per team when it was first put in place but that was with 8 teams, his opinion has become less relevant as time goes on though I guess.

C) Perhaps they have gotten comfortable? I couldn't say. Captains would need to give input here.

D) Too many chiefs. 2 is enough.

E) Where is the rule about non-participating members posting on this forum not being allowed to contribute? People can contribute to sport without participating in the playing of the game. Why are you so aggravated with my presence here? You have already called me a moron in this thread making personal attack on me when I haven't abused you. Sure I might have done so in the past but that was a long time ago of which I have apologised for and I'm a changed man these day. Do you really hold a grudge for that long? Please let it go Okey, it's not healthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know what you're referring to.
Hmmmm looks like it's been missing for a few seasons now. All good.

Just the template of how to post teams in the match thread.

FB: - , - , - ,
HB: - , - , - ,
... etc.

Bullshit. I was one of the mystery simmers and I was not invited into your boys club.

Bullshit. I was one of the mystery simmers and I was not invited into your boys club.

I think he means pre- committee reduction. When boncer34 was simmer and not admin he was in the committee.

I think he means pre- committee reduction. When boncer34 was simmer and not admin he was in the committee.
We didn't have mystery simmers when the league had 12 teams.

I stand by my anger. Okeydoke7 is a flog of the mid to highest order.

We didn't have mystery simmers when the league had 12 teams.

I stand by my anger. Okeydoke7 is a flog of the mid to highest order.

Granted, he is, but does he say mystery simmer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back