Sydney AFL - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations to Peter Physick from Baulko for being awarded life membership of the SFL last night. He's been a workhorse for that club for a hundred years, doing everything from marking out the lines, to keeping time, to serving at the canteen. Not to mention his management roles and innovative ideas.
I'm no Baulko-lover but have great respect for what he has done for that club - if it wasn't for him, they'd still be the Falcons playing in maroon on the moonscape at Chas McLaughlin.
Well done Sir !​

Yiew got 3 points in the best and fairest... Best on ground according to the refs and didn't make it into the top 6 from gadget, campaigner.

Be interesting to see if anything comes out of mac uni playing that player.

According to the posts on their facebook page, most of the jets fans seem to think so.

And according to the team lists on their site the same 22 played both games. So you would have to assume so. Prob someone from Balmain picked it up after scouting their team from week before. Didn't tell anyone and kept it as a back up plan if they lost.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Congrats.

I watched the last part of this game on the live streaming, it was certainly an exciting last quarter.

A terrific turn around in 12 months, and a great effort too by the Bulldogs after being promoted from Div 3.

Looks like St George will replace Wests in Div 1 next year assuming that it remains at 11 teams.

Well done also to the Rams in Div 4 for atoning for last season, a great effort to win three finals in a row.

Thanks mate, sucks I'm in England and wasn't there for it but real happy for the boys.

Huge turn around, just shows what getting numbers to training and people putting in really does. Think we won 5/18 last year. Thankfully won't be there next year to get pumped by Manly and Southern Power.

Full credit to the Dogs, they are a pretty strong club now. Teams in premier, 1's and 2's and I reckon UNSW will get up this weekend with Rampe getting BOG.

The question I ask is did the player in question line up against Nor-West the week before. If so, it should have been picked up then.

and another question ... why are U18 games being played with 16 on the ground, especially in finals, when a side turns up with low numbers

i.e.

illawarra turn up to a prelim final with 18 players and somehow force the game "down" to 16 aside to benefit only themselves ... being a side full of swans academy players and knowing that the more space they have on the ground the better it will be

they should be forced to play 18 aside and if they get injuries or want to rest a player then it is up to their coach to do so ... it is finals and they are not juniors anymore

it is rubbish when you see 16 players on the field and 6 sitting on the bench as one side did in recent weeks

get your act together sydney afl and enforce a level playing field not one that advantages one side over another - i'm sure sydney hills will not support 16 aside this weekend

Pretty sure when we played them in round 5 or what ever they said the same to us, coach told them no. They had a guy yellowed and they played a man short for that period.

Ended up winning that game too from memory.

Bulldogs defeated Dockers to win the Premier Division flag.
Not much in it for three quarters but Dockers fell to pieces after 3/4 time and were easily defeated. For all the hype about their highly-credentialled interstate recruits, they didn't show a lot. Other than White the coach who is a real warhorse for them and deserved a better effort from his players. Especially the forwards who did poorly all day.
Lavery was unsighted for three quarters but, as the Dockers fell away, he came into his own and kicked five in the last quarter....the stats will make him look better than he deserved.

Well done to the Bulldogs who were probably the best team all year.

It will be interesting to see what becomes of the Dockers over the next couple of months.

Yeh watched the last 1.5 quarters, absolutely smoked them. what about lavery missing 10m out no one infront of him in the 3rd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi,
I am moving to Cronulla in November, moving up from Melbourne. Looking for a team up there nearby. Just wondering any details of teams around that area and if you guys recommend any teams?

I lived in Gymea Bay, so 5 minutes from Cronulla. The closest would be Southern Power, came second in div 1. Play within 10 mins of Cronulla.

Next closest is St George. Won div 2 and 5th in premier div. I played at St George, never watched a game of AFL until 2 years ago when a mate convinced me to go down and have a run. Fantastic group of guys, most get on the piss every Saturday. For someone that has never watched a game, to get me that involved with the club shows how much I enjoyed it. Highly recommend it, especially if you are looking to meet some people. Pretty sure pre season starts in November if you're looking to get fit too.

Hi,
I am moving to Cronulla in November, moving up from Melbourne. Looking for a team up there nearby. Just wondering any details of teams around that area and if you guys recommend any teams?

If you're any good, Penrith's really really close to Cronulla........;)

Season 2013, may be an opportunity for the Southern Power to grab a deserved senior flag with the promotion of Manly to the premier division. (http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-1047-0-0-0&sID=53282 ). It is also a fairly clear statement by the Sydney AFL that performance on and off-field will be rewarded with the opportunity for promotion. Well done to the Wolves and the Sydney AFL.

There does not appear to be any news on other movements between the divisions, however some should follow to meet the aim of having regular competitive matches throughout the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back