Sydney AFL Playing Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU keep failing to recognise the facts. As YOU have already read there was an initial EOI (Expression Of Interest) where a very quick postcode search was completed in order to simply register interest.
Later they submitted a comprehensive formal application after receiving more detailed criteria on requirements.

Do you know how a basic tender process works? This is very similar.

Im guessing you live in Sydney yourself.
However, open up this map.

The following grounds are used by the Balmain Dockers:
- Alan Davidson Oval
- Drummoyne Oval
- Henson Park

NONE of these are anywhere close to being in Balmain.

Bit of side information for you.
Whilst Birchgrove is the site of the first Professional Rugby league match back in 1908, Australian football had already been playing there for five years.

So far this year we have the RL fraternity and Sydney media accusing the AFL of diddling Blacktown, western sydney, the ACT and Wagga council, and quite a series of fear mongering articles following all that,

The funniest one was the Wagga council fiasco, which was just plain embarassing for the NRL who never asked the council for support but complained when someone else asked, and was given it.

The most pathetic one was by the Canberra Raiders who complained that GWS was taking all the money out of Canberra, and the sponsorship was just plain unfair, when it was found that the Canberra Raiders have 7 poker machine palaces turning over $50 million a year, and then spending all that money buying property interstate, not to mention of course their great rent deal and million $ yearly sponsorship by the ACT government.

And of course the weekly paranoid articles by Roy Masters, Brad Walter etc etc about Birchgrove, leaving Blacktown, the tsunami of AFL, stealing kids, auskick, AFL media deals that are overs, etc etc.

Whats the bet that there is a new FEAR article in the next week.

The RL public just appear to be plain dumb, they seem to be lead down the garden path, and it appears from Birchgrove that soccer is using them as well, maybe they are under seige, they certainly have a seige mentality.

Whilst Birchgrove is the site of the first Professional Rugby league match back in 1908, Australian football had already been playing there for five years.
Indeed. Not sure how Birchgrove can be considered "sacred" if it had already been tarnished by that Australian game prior to 1908.

The current Sydney AFL competition has been running continuously (including during the war years) since 1903, for the benefit of our League friends here.

Indeed. Not sure how Birchgrove can be considered "sacred" if it had already been tarnished by that Australian game prior to 1908.

The current Sydney AFL competition has been running continuously (including during the war years) since 1903, for the benefit of our League friends here.

Whats the bet, Glen Burge, fairfax big boy and Balmain soccer club secretary rang his mate Glen Jackson at the SMH and said something along the lines of ...... AFL are trying to get Birchgrove, you know Birchgrove is the home of RL, they are trying to kick the soccer off as well.

The truth was that the council actually suggested that soccer move in one of their reports, how could the NSW AFL get the council to move a huge local soccer club ?, like has been suggested.

I guess Glen Jackson probably undertook what would amount to his normal investigations :rolleyes: and found out that the NSW AFL actually did not apply to play at Birchgrove, but then still wrote his story anyway. :rolleyes:

And here we are as usual, the whinging RL people with egg on their faces, been a while since we saw a troll post. :D

Try reading the thread, although I doubt you're going to get the answer you're clearly seeking if you do that.

Although you haven't addressed your post from earlier, claiming that GWS and GC couldn't get 18 each to play. Where did you get that idea?

There was an article saying they were both going to reduce it to 16 a side due to u18s carnival and injuries or some s**t, if i can be bothered later ill try to find it.

YOU keep failing to recognise the facts. As YOU have already read there was an initial EOI (Expression Of Interest) where a very quick postcode search was completed in order to simply register interest.
Later they submitted a comprehensive formal application after receiving more detailed criteria on requirements.

Do you know how a basic tender process works? This is very similar.

Ok fair enough, but 700% off is a bit rough...

Im guessing you live in Sydney yourself.
However, open up this map.

The following grounds are used by the Balmain Dockers:
- Alan Davidson Oval
- Drummoyne Oval
- Henson Park

NONE of these are anywhere close to being in Balmain.

Drummoyne oval (where we played last year) is 4.1km from balmain according to google maps, I'd say thats pretty close to being in Balmain

How many rugby league supporters even knew about Birchgrove Oval's 'sacredness' until a handful of people kicked up a s**t about Australian rules being played there? The nuffies of League Unlimited must be in a froth over this.

JockStewart you seem a little dim.

Edit: Oh they mad http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=405691&page=10 "Bigpoofy", "Victard", "Mexican". Such wit.

actually, does everyone know that the oval was used for Australian Rules for about 10 years BEFORE rugby league was played there at all!! yes, truly: it was actually first an Australian Football gound at the turn of the century..... oh the irony!

There was an article saying they were both going to reduce it to 16 a side due to u18s carnival and injuries or some s**t, if i can be bothered later ill try to find it.

What has this got to do with the topic at hand, it's a nothing post, and i am just wondering what point you are trying to prove ?.

Yes, and what is your point though ?.

A nothing post, from a nothing poster, no doubt trying to deflect from the egg squashed all over their collective faces after yet another media beat up.

Birchgrove is typically reflective of the panic, fear and paranoia by both the RL media and plenty of RL fans.

And what has happened, the NSW AFL have got a ground in Leichardt shire, the one they were after, and you can bet your bottom $ they will start as a auskick club and build it up in the following years, and improve the facility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok thanks for that, so its actually a couple of weeks ago rather than 'last week'.

And the reason for playing 16-a-side is due to injuries and the national under 18 champs.

Now if saviour01 can relate this to the Leichardt municipality local footy comp we'll be all clear.

No, :rolleyes: it s directly related to Leichardt shire, there is no-one playing the game, so few in fact, that they can't even fill their AFL team reserves sides.

This is how these idiots reason. :rolleyes:

What are you doing reading afl.com.au as a league fan?

What are you doing reading afl.com.au as a league fan?

Secretly a fan i imagine, or alternatively, fear, hate and paranoia has got hold off him, i think someone has outed him from League unlimited at one stage, pathetic little man, whatever his problem is anyway.

Anyone wanting to read the report from the meeting before the latest one here is a link.

I haven't read it thoroughly, however key points are:
- It was recommended to the council in the ground allocation assessment that the AFL should play on Birchgrove Oval. This was due to a number of considerations, with the main one being that the ground at Glover St would not be large enough for 18-a-side football (also that the main club was simply 'Balmain').
- The BDFC and Balmain & District Rugby League Clubs objected to the AFL being given any ground.
- AFL was being considered to be played due to a Sports and Recreation policy aimed at diversifying the sports played as well as the fact that there was no ground for them within Balmain.

At NO stage did AFL NSW/ACT apply for Birchgrove Oval access, it was simply recommended to the council because of the field size requirements of football.

I might read a bit later if I have some time.

3,500 people went to the first preseason game of the West Sydney Wanderers in St. Marys.

Sydney is a "soccer city".

Sydney is a city split into many different areas. Many soccer, many league, some union, some football.

Ok fair enough, but 700% off is a bit rough...

No not really. Say Homer Simpson was looking for new sweets to eat. He accepted applications from donut stores, burger stores, and chocolate stores. To decide where to go he asked them all to submit information about the numbers of people attending each store. He reviewed the applications and then to make sure that people from Shelbyville and Ogdenville weren't affecting his decision he asked for information specifically on people with Springfield addresses.
Whilst areas like Ogdenville and Shelbyville would use the stores in large numbers, it is the Springfield residents who the decision should lay with.

Drummoyne oval (where we played last year) is 4.1km from balmain according to google maps, I'd say thats pretty close to being in Balmain

Dockers player?

Drummoyne is over the bridge from Balmain. A completely seperate suburb.

Great link Rainbowgam, and once and for all, proves what both the local soccer club and the RL media were up to.

Quite frankly Glen Jackson should be ashamed of his articles.

Having strategically reviewed current recreational provision the most suitable ground for AFL in the Leichhardt LGA is at Birchgrove Oval. Birchgrove Oval is large enough and the correct shape (oval rather than square) to cater for junior games as well as provide access to a full sized AFL ground. Historically AFL has strong links to Birchgrove Oval having been played at the park from 1903 through to 1926. It is therefore recommended therefore that Balmain and District Soccer are relocated from Brichgrove Park to the Glover Street playing fields to allow for the development of an AFL training and competition format at Birchgrove Park.

From Rainbowgame's the link above, and prior to that, the council also stated .....

AFL originally applied for the Glover Street Playing fields, not Birchgrove Park.

So it seems, and as i suspected that the local soccer club, through RL mouthpiece Glen Jackson , sought to stop the NSW AFL through any means possible of getting any ground in Leichardt, even it appears claiming that the NSW AFL were seeking Birchgrove, which they knew they wern't.

Just exactly where is all the hate and RL trolls now, they have been shown up once again as liars and fear mongers and lowly grubs.

That's laughable.....so the local Australian football authorities weren't trying to take over the 'sacred, iconic' ground that Rugby League used once upon a time, after all.

Probably not worth holding one's breath waiting for retractions...

That's laughable.....so the local Australian football authorities weren't trying to take over the 'sacred, iconic' ground that Rugby League used once upon a time, after all.

Probably not worth holding one's breath waiting for retractions...

Thats correct, and that is from the initial council blueprint for sporting grounds in the area, i have no doubt that no retractions will be made, and this sort of reporting has been the MO from the RL media in Sydney for quite a while, IMO they are just filthy grubs.

I think you will also find though in this instance, that in the background was the local soccer club with it's high ranking fairfax executive, using the more than willing RL media for its own benefit as well.

And that was to confuse the issue in the hope that no sports ground at all would be allocated to the NSWAFL, thus benefiting both RL and soccer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back