What the heck? sydney cola / griffen

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 7, 2014
?
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
49ers
Was he really going to Sydney before the AFL heardand barred them from trading?

Leon Cameron had no idea he was interested a week ago so they weren't into him .

Hard to believe Cameron wasn't aware of Griffun's situation....:D

They did spend 6 seasons together at the Dogs when Cameron was an assistant also Chris Grant and Simon Garlick were ex team mates of Leon's and do remain in contact with each other.

Was he really going to Sydney before the AFL heardand barred them from trading?

Leon Cameron had no idea he was interested a week ago so they weren't into him .

Cameron was telling white lies because the AFL would prefer to keep the pretense that players only make these decisions at the end of the season.

This is supposed to be the Scandals and Rumours Board - not the TinFoil Hat Conspiracy Nutjob board.

That's a fair comment, but there has to be a reason for the sudden about turn by the AFL on the COLA. I would suspect they got wind of Sydney pulling another stunt like the Franklin one, and the AFL didn't want to be embarrassed again. When word came out he may join GWS, he was beginning to tread the same path as Franklin. Consiracy theroy? Perhaps. I tend to hold stock in the smoke/fire theory.

That's a fair comment, but there has to be a reason for the sudden about turn by the AFL on the COLA. I would suspect they got wind of Sydney pulling another stunt like the Franklin one, and the AFL didn't want to be embarrassed again. When word came out he may join GWS, he was beginning to tread the same path as Franklin. Consiracy theroy? Perhaps. I tend to hold stock in the smoke/fire theory.

Except that Buddy had absolutely no connection to GWS. Griffen, on the other hand, has Ward, Addison, Reid and the Coach who he's played with/for for a number of years, while he has absolutely no connection to the Swans. Not implausible to say he would still want GWS even if Sydney could/did make a play for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except that Buddy had absolutely no connection to GWS. Griffen, on the other hand, has Ward, Addison, Reid and the Coach who he's played with/for for a number of years, while he has absolutely no connection to the Swans. Not implausible to say he would still want GWS even if Sydney could/did make a play for him.

That doesn't answer why the AFL came out and barred Sydney from trading for players though. May not have been Griff, but was surely another top-liner.

I'm not dismissing this as having some truth to it. I don't think it was Griffen that was heading for Sydney but I wouldn't of been surprised to have seen someone picked up. For the AFL to take their current stance and bar Sydney from trading altogether it says something was up.

And before everyone starts jumping up and down;

Malceski, LRT, ROK. There's $1m or more. Goodes is also reportedly playing on rookie wages as well under his new contract.

Just woke up one morning and thought to themselves, "you know what, let's ban Sydney from trading, just for the shits and giggles."

Do you really think the AFL need a reason? Of course Sydney were going to sign someone, that's what trade week is.

You do know that reducing the allowance over a phase out period but not allowing the club to trade is equal to removing the allowance immediately and making those allowance payments part of the TPP. The only difference is that the phase out period has the perception that the AFL are dealing fairly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back