What the heck? sydney cola / griffen

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you really think the AFL need a reason? Of course Sydney were going to sign someone, that's what trade week is.

You do know that reducing the allowance over a phase out period but not allowing the club to trade is equal to removing the allowance immediately and making those allowance payments part of the TPP. The only difference is that the phase out period has the perception that the AFL are dealing fairly.

Disagree strongly with the AFL changing the rules mid-stride. Looks like Vlad is still involved in some decisions, even if not officially. My comments were based only on the likelihood that Sydney had a trade organised, well within the current rules, that caused the AFL to haphazardly change their own rules.

Calling bullshit on this
Player contracts have a minimum payment requirement that is higher than rookie wages
AFLPA would not allow it
the AFL would not allow it as is against AFL rules

I think he is suggesting he will be on a reduced contract of $150k - $250 k next season, not actual rookie wages of $40k

Disagree strongly with the AFL changing the rules mid-stride. Looks like Vlad is still involved in some decisions, even if not officially. My comments were based only on the likelihood that Sydney had a trade organised, well within the current rules, that caused the AFL to haphazardly change their own rules.

Fair enough. There is no doubt Sydney were going to trade. They were banned from trading because the AFL can do what they like. That was my point.

The new bloke is a muppet.

The swans were into paddy Ryder big time, this coming from a high profile player manager, this is why the Gestapo stepped in and put a stop to it. Now that they have stopped and are winding back the COLA, let's see if they give the Swans a tough draw that a side that finished on top deserve, let's see them play the top sides twice , not just in SYdney. How about ending their NSW academy where they get the likes of Henney with pick 18 rather than pick 2. Yes the swans were stiff with this latest ruling but they are still looked after relative to other top sides, after all we still need to put bums on seats in Sydney town.

you heard the rumor all wrong....apparently they were using the money the AFL gave them for the COLA to buy the western bulldogs...like the whole club

live-ostrich-o.gif

The swans were into paddy Ryder big time, this coming from a high profile player manager, this is why the Gestapo stepped in and put a stop to it. Now that they have stopped and are winding back the COLA, let's see if they give the Swans a tough draw that a side that finished on top deserve, let's see them play the top sides twice , not just in SYdney. How about ending their NSW academy where they get the likes of Henney with pick 18 rather than pick 2. Yes the swans were stiff with this latest ruling but they are still looked after relative to other top sides, after all we still need to put bums on seats in Sydney town.

Hey * head. Go somewhere where someone gives a s**t what you think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back