Sydney Premier division clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes agree big weekend for st's,c'town & uni.

If st's drop game to balmain you would think they are very little chance of staying in the hunt for 5th, C'town could be in a similar situation if they can't get over uni.

Uni less of a worry but they would like to stay in touch with the others up top obviousley

next couple of weeks massive for penno,st's & c'town in the fight for that last spot.

Did anyone see any footy over the weekend, would of been very funny sight to see ex AFL players running around on Mahoney paddock, big disappointment for the st's & c'town with them loosing & penno knocking nth shore over.

We may have our 5

Saw an U14 game Saturday, most of Rams and Vic Country, a bit of WA v Qld and GWS v Dandenong. Also Friday night on tele plus Eagles and Geelong. Not a bad weekend really except for the wind.

St George had a lot of changes to their team with a few young blokes in ressies by the look of the team list. It probably was only time as Balmain had been getting better and better with 3 ex AFL in midfield. Fat but effective with disposals.

Saw an U14 game Saturday, most of Rams and Vic Country, a bit of WA v Qld and GWS v Dandenong. Also Friday night on tele plus Eagles and Geelong. Not a bad weekend really except for the wind.

St George had a lot of changes to their team with a few young blokes in ressies by the look of the team list. It probably was only time as Balmain had been getting better and better with 3 ex AFL in midfield. Fat but effective with disposals.

Good effort convert

I only seen a couple of free to air afl games with the best being those blue boy's on Saturday hope to see some prem league in 2 weeks time might check out wests or some 18's next week

Uni look to be the real deal and more importantly have East Coasts measure, should be an interesting game this week against North Shore. Wests still remain in contention for the top 3. It will be interesting to see how the cards fall

Uni look to be the real deal and more importantly have East Coasts measure, should be an interesting game this week against North Shore. Wests still remain in contention for the top 3. It will be interesting to see how the cards fall

Big call ND.

I have seen them play some good footy but not entirely sure they can go all the way.

Did ece have anyone out, would be interesting to know did any of vlatko's play?

Agree wests could still push for top 3 have the cattle but is the coach up to it?

Nth also have improved massively from last year & may have 3 RAMS come back in for finals, brain, webster & cole will be handy. Wests have bray back already I see from the weekend will be handy this year before headin to the blues with any luck. Ece may get t stubbs back along with dimery & pianta, uni have hartley & yakamov but will they play 1st all the other young blokes have a bit of experiance in 1st from last year & may contribute.

Uni v Nth should be a gooden may try to get out there.

Big call ND.

I have seen them play some good footy but not entirely sure they can go all the way.

Did ece have anyone out, would be interesting to know did any of vlatko's play?

Agree wests could still push for top 3 have the cattle but is the coach up to it?

Nth also have improved massively from last year & may have 3 RAMS come back in for finals, brain, webster & cole will be handy. Wests have bray back already I see from the weekend will be handy this year before headin to the blues with any luck. Ece may get t stubbs back along with dimery & pianta, uni have hartley & yakamov but will they play 1st all the other young blokes have a bit of experiance in 1st from last year & may contribute.

Uni v Nth should be a gooden may try to get out there.

Fair chance GWS will make finals of TAC as 12 in it this year due to the changed playing rosters when private schools release their boys. If so the first final would be on the same day as the first finals in SFL. I would think most of the above would be in the top 22 for GWS so that would mean the clubs would have to change playing roster during the finals after the first weekend. Might be all right if you are losing but some of these boys will not have played more than 1-2 games this year and if winning harmony might be interrrupted.

Just a thought.

I think most clubs might not play there GWS boys in finals. The reason being they have had really busy schedules which meant when they were not playing GWS or Rams they had the week off. This meant most of them have been hardly sighted. I think in regards to East Coast they may have had the Vlatkos out. John has had a fair few injuries and I am not sure what the story is with Jaime. Jaime is a pretty handly player but I will be interested to see how he goes and the pressure of finals. I have seen him damage some poor opposition but have seen him struggle against some top 5 sides. I cannot wait to see how the final 5 pans out. It has been a very open season, the most open I have seen for a fair while.

Pretty much as expected on the weekend.

Next week west v ece should be a cracker may make my way out to that or to the uni game.

Did anyone see a game over w/e I went out to rooty hill on saturday seen a bit of the rams 16's & most of the gws side then swans 2's (Gordon & Emery went pretty well I thought) & 1st on Sunday.

Got out to the uni on the weekend.

Bar good as always

Ego very good for uni along with kraeft & lee

Too good for easts but not as impressive as I thought they may be, thought brennan & kay good for easts.

Frank was frank n very frank

Seen wests & ece get up on the weekend over the other finalist, did anyone see those games?

Still think it will be a wests v ece or uni GF, think ece may come good late in the year though haven't seen a lot of them so may be just reputation anyone seen much of them lately, seen Stubbs A listed as a goal kicker is he back all year should make a load of people in Sydney footy happy!

Get the feeling that if Balmain had been organised in January rather than May it might have been possible to scrap into the 5.

I'll tip the West boys to take it out from here.

seen west play on the weekend they didnt show up at all and were very lucky to get away with the win...anyone know on whats happened to watkins,lees and absolum noticed they were missing from the line ?

seen west play on the weekend they didnt show up at all and were very lucky to get away with the win...anyone know on whats happened to watkins,lees and absolum noticed they were missing from the line ?

Lees was at Rosedale at our past players day early in the arvo - probably didnt play because he is still suspended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair trio out for wests, lees though getting on a bit kicked a bag a few back against ece from memory, watkins all class from the couple of games I've seen wests paly last year & this year, glad to see bray kicking goals, any one know if Carlton are still keen?

Didn't get to any footy on the weekend, might give it a break till first week of the finals, looks like it will be wests v ece some would say what should of been last years GF.

Think only the top 3 have real chance of winning it this year, North v penno should of been the match of the round but looks like penno are in trouble don't know if north have much more in them.

Think if wests get full squad fit they will be tough to beat from what I have seen this year & last year, had a beer with a mate over the weekend & he thinks that ece really miss big wilson to help bowles out. Have hardly seen them play so have no idea.

Have seen uni a couple of times at the uni & they looked pretty good, how will they go out at rooty hill is the big question

Hung around for the 1st half after the gws game, 1st qtr tighter than expected but was all over by half time.

Was surprised that webster, brain & cole not playing for north, harry & strudwick were good early for north & bottin - noonan tried hard for c'town.

Seen bray only managed to kick 1 against the gong was any one there to see the game.

Supposed peno were up for it at ern against the "little brothers"

Next week wests v ece should be a cracker.

Interesting to see former Campbeltown and Pennant Hills coach Russell Matheson elected to parliament on Saturday night.

One of the grubbiest footballers and football people I have ever seen so God help the people of Macarthur.

Good to see the Dees finish up at Ern Holmes in style before they start playing at the "Pigshooters Father's" oval next year. Even better to see East Coast lose.

Interesting to see former Campbeltown and Pennant Hills coach Russell Matheson elected to parliament on Saturday night.

One of the grubbiest footballers and football people I have ever seen so God help the people of Macarthur.

Good to see the Dees finish up at Ern Holmes in style before they start playing at the "Pigshooters Father's" oval next year. Even better to see East Coast lose.

Should fit right in as a grubby, lying ill informed, racist bogan, channel 9 watching, 2GB listening, Telegraph reading Liberal party fool by the sounds of it then.

Sorry that was a little uncalled for plenty of dumb uninformed voters who watch listen & read the same rubbish & vote for the other mob.

On a more serious note, there is now a bit of political omf out west at both federal & state level for AFL interested people with the Penrith Rams bloke & now Russell out C'town way.

Will be interesting to see how they engage with GWS & local Footy.

Wonder if the harlot of Holt Street & it's News limiting buddies can acknowledge it's not a total transplant or invassion of a code into the area we have been out there a while now.

Tipping

Ece over wests this week

North over penno

Any idea's if nth or st's 18's can give ece 18's a run?

I am with you on ece and norths in firsts

As for 18s I know Saints have a couple of worrying injuries but also have a couple of gooduns coming back in so who knows. ECE are pretty good though there is no home ground advantage so that will help. The rule changes also allow the GWS boys to play so I guess that will have an impact right through the finals. The team that moulds together best and kicks straightest will win I feel.

i went and watched syd uni v campbelltown , i think they would be a shoe in for premiership

i went and watched syd uni v campbelltown , i think they would be a shoe in for premiership

Mate if you are basing that on the game the other week then its not a good indicator. Syd Uni have earnt top spot but Wests and ECE will give it a shake. Town had no one on the bench unless you include slipper at close to 50 and more than a few sub standard players who are no where near PD level.

Mate if you are basing that on the game the other week then its not a good indicator. Syd Uni have earnt top spot but Wests and ECE will give it a shake. Town had no one on the bench unless you include slipper at close to 50 and more than a few sub standard players who are no where near PD level.

true, the opponents werent much, but i am basing it on history repeating itself. i played in their last div 1 premiership in 1992 with rod carter and co, we won 1sts and 2nds and finished top. havent seen any other games, just think they are very well coached and drilled and run the ball very well. where will the grand final be played. we played at wagener oval, which wasnt fit for a practice match let alone a grand final, things up their are a bit more professional now

true, the opponents werent much, but i am basing it on history repeating itself. i played in their last div 1 premiership in 1992 with rod carter and co, we won 1sts and 2nds and finished top. havent seen any other games, just think they are very well coached and drilled and run the ball very well. where will the grand final be played. we played at wagener oval, which wasnt fit for a practice match let alone a grand final, things up their are a bit more professional now

Yep Wagener is a great ground to watch from but not the best to play at.

All grand finals are at Blacktown Olympic Park, GWS training base - great venue but not big - ground is very hard and can be slippery but it is state of the art as far as venues go.

We played there last week and are looking forward to playing there again in two weeks but its only around the same size as the SCG unlike our home which is bigger than the G

Remove this Banner Ad

Back