Sydney Premier division clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Dale I find it strange to come on here looking for information when he apparently has two clubs already in his sights, surely he could just log on the Sydey AFL website get the information and sell himself to either of them.

Also when if he is serious tell him to do his research - just looking at the results and non results in some of the clubs lower grades should give him an idea of where each club is really at.

Personally if money is what he is after then talk to East Coast or Campbelltown they dont seem to mind spending - However given he is not a KPP he'd want to be a bloody good footballer to get a lookin at East Coast.

If he wants to play footy at a club moving forward with a young developing list then go and have a chat to St George.

his looking for any club to play at but just wants to know the standard of football and would club would help out with employment and somewhere to stay.....

are you his manager, sounds sus to me, and not being a kpp in ovens and king league, i think he is kidding himself, just trying to pump up his tyres and get a club to get him a job.

are you his manager, sounds sus to me, and not being a kpp in ovens and king league, i think he is kidding himself, just trying to pump up his tyres and get a club to get him a job.

In and out of seniors at a wooden spoon club he had only be at for a season.

i didnt mean to pump the kids tyres up just trying to find out info shoulda just stuck to the sydney website sorry lads his cousin is more of better player ash evans who plays for mt gravvat up in qld

Been O/S with work for a week or so & out of the loop which was good but strange.

Will the gong survive?

If not do you try to drop back to 8 teams or 9 with bye or bring uts up if uts come up east just get weaker & we have to many lop sided contest again.

Any more news on th e coaches spoke to a bloke when I got back yesterday said mudge was in at st's, who is east coach?

Which players have given it away?

Any giving it a crack interstate?

Any news on scholorship blokes from local clubs?

Was having a look at the joke that is r&wol last night, did anyone on there actually watch the local GF live or on the foxtel replay, you wouldn't think so from the reports, but hey should of known better than read the stuff was very interesting reading about the grass at various grounds will avoid it in future.

If you are any good & coming to Sydney look at a top 6 side & give them a call, they'll get you a job if you are worth it. If not go bottom 4 or play for 1 of the 3 or 4 1st division teams in the reserve grade comp.

UTS have gone up so there are now 11 teams in PD

Mudge is coaching St George

Tom Hill the Dogs

In a coup for the Power Rod Craig has returned from St George and will be a playing coach with Simon Closter co coaching from the sidelines.

Been O/S with work for a week or so & out of the loop which was good but strange.

Will the gong survive?

If not do you try to drop back to 8 teams or 9 with bye or bring uts up if uts come up east just get weaker & we have to many lop sided contest again.

Any more news on th e coaches spoke to a bloke when I got back yesterday said mudge was in at st's, who is east coach?

Which players have given it away?

Any giving it a crack interstate?

Any news on scholorship blokes from local clubs?

Was having a look at the joke that is r&wol last night, did anyone on there actually watch the local GF live or on the foxtel replay, you wouldn't think so from the reports, but hey should of known better than read the stuff was very interesting reading about the grass at various grounds will avoid it in future.

If you are any good & coming to Sydney look at a top 6 side & give them a call, they'll get you a job if you are worth it. If not go bottom 4 or play for 1 of the 3 or 4 1st division teams in the reserve grade comp.

Filter through the crap and you'll find alot more info than on here.

does anyone have anything to do with the wollongong football club on here if they do could they possibly pm me some contact details cheers

Not a lot happening out there, but was just thinking may be a tough year for prem footy any one under 22 with ambition will most likely try canberra for northern league., though some may fancy the chance of a game with swans or giants as a top up player if syd prem form warrants.

Not a lot happening out there, but was just thinking may be a tough year for prem footy any one under 22 with ambition will most likely try canberra for northern league., though some may fancy the chance of a game with swans or giants as a top up player if syd prem form warrants.

No chance this year anyone will get a game as a top up player at the Giants.

Giants have said no preseasons and suggested maybe top upo games but have a look at their numbers and would need to be a lot of injuries. GWS in 2010 has given a lot of 17 and 18 year olds the taste for something better and as GWS only took about 0 Sydney players from TAC Cup team then they are on the move. Canberra clubs actively recruiting the better players and some are looking further afield let alone a few who got drafted or rookie listed.

A big whole in the stocks of young players in SAFL. Sydney must get a couple of teams into NEAFL in 2012 or the comp is going backwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you an ex APS man?

A very interesting year coming up in Premier League.
Until Round 1 is a week away and all transfers are through its hard to get a real gauge on all the clubs but my thoughts below...

The most interesting thing being UTS's promotion to the division. How they go is very much anyones guess but Id imagine they will recruit well and be more than competitive (to many of the other clubs surprise) and probably just miss finals.
Sydney Uni and East Coast the obvious picks for top 2 and a GF rematch would not surprise at all. Reckon Sydney Uni might be the ones this year.
Wests I think will be on the slide big time with a few key losses from last year.
Balmain are building (or buying, not sure how you would describe it) and will improve on last season and will be very interesting to see who turns out for them this year. Believe a very big name could be on the list... I think they could well return to finals footy finally. If not they might as well sell up.
North Shore and Pennant Hills should be pretty steady and play finals.
St George are a bit of an unknown but I cant see them improving too much just yet. They are still probably a year or two away from again being serious competitors. UNSW will again have a tough year but Campbelltown and Wollongong will be even worse and will have a real ding dong battle for the spoon.

Sydney Uni
East Coast
Pennant Hills
North Shore
Balmain
UTS
Western Suburbs
St George
UNSW
Wollongong
Campbelltown

UTS will be interesting.

I remember when Sydney Uni were promoted, they were universally lampooned by people from other clubs who suggested that they'd be uncompetitive.

Didn't really turn out that way, as most who had played them at the lower level had expected.

I agree that they'll surprise a few and win their fair share of games.

I know that Balmain had a fair crack at four players from Campbelltown, netting one, so it seems they're spreading their tentacles far and wide.

Will be interesting to see what they turn up.

does anyone have anything to do with the wollongong football club on here if they do could they possibly pm me some contact details cheers

G'Day mate,

I am part of the Wollongong Lions club. Great club full of great people and we're always looking to welcome new players into our ranks.
If you want some more further details send me an email at jmw442@uowmail.edu.au and I can give you some more details about the club.

Cheers

Will Balmain really improve? They might have lost their best player in Fletcher and replaced him with Edwins from Campbelltown...:eek:

They're again buying all in sundry however have zero depth and have named injury as their number one killer last year.

UTS will need to learn fast, very similar side to that of div one with a few very handy inclusions. Playing home games at Blacktown is actually their biggest advantage as they have no ability to play tough inside footy.

From what I hear around the traps mudge will lift St's & is a very good coach of young blokes though I've been told he can burn others out with his intensity, don't know what went on in his time out at baulko but never looked like getting the senior job but did ok at east with a big budget & good list but failed to win the big one.

Easts interesting was scary pushed or did he walk strange move after one year to go with another untried coach, what is the deal with hill he's been coaching U18 reps for a couple of years any reports on mood game palns etc, have they recruited well or at all?

Not sure what C'town are doing, have seen him play was a reasonable footballer but those who know a load more than me are very surprised anyone would give him a senior job. Wonder what the list will be like has bots gone if so huge hole.

Wests have a bloke steeped in footy to his boot straps but can they retain & recruit well enough to stick about the top. Bray didn't have him a lot last year but was handy. Sounded like togs had lost a load of them last year so something had to give, should of beaten uni to get into granny

Penno should be well coached again but home ground could be an issue, some good young kids. Ferguson gone will they have J duncan all year.

ECE same re coaching & kids have they picked anyone, dougy gone what about some of the others have any headed to canberra/gws, bowls,spitire,dimmery, lost krueger to the swans! they lost a few going into last year but managed to win again

Think Nth shore may get their s##* back together always have some good young blokes come through will be one to watch.

Syd Uni will be a bit of a story will they improve have some worked them out who have they got?

Balmain are they tigers again I hope so how much $$$$$$$$$$$ do they have & can it sustain a culture, they've tried it before & haven't kept good juniors coming through.

Gong well what do you say

UTS how will they cope not winning every week will the place remain as happy when they are struggling.

Obviously a few will be focused on the new comp & trying to get into it.
You would think ECE have the ground & the resources

What of others, a combined unis, universities of greater sydney, may be a goer as far as cash & grounds, unsw & mac probably have the best grounds.

Nth shore ground lets them down have always had backers

Wests have the club & could prob round up some backers, is picken ready?

C'town have the ground & a massive area

St's no ground to speak of strong local comp though, cash could be an issue.

If the NSWAFL got fairdinkum they would push for 4 or 5 teams

ece, or call them norwest whatevers eagles if they want to better represent the region. they have the ground

C'town/gong they have a ground

Uni's they have cash & want to promote themselves, grounds?? Juniours??

Nth Sydney could link in with central coast

Inner West

five for year

Ece
uni
nth shore
wests
penno

Steve the only hope Balmain have of being Tigers again is for Auburn to change their moniker which I reckon is a pretty safe bet of being never and with the amount of support the AFL is providing them in developing the area I can only see them sticking around for the long term. As for the new comp if it lasts there could be a few suprises from left field in the longer term.

Steve the only hope Balmain have of being Tigers again is for Auburn to change their moniker which I reckon is a pretty safe bet of being never and with the amount of support the AFL is providing them in developing the area I can only see them sticking around for the long term. As for the new comp if it lasts there could be a few suprises from left field in the longer term.

fair call magpie

forgot about Auburn

Interesting times

Did anyone go out to C'town today, there was no way I was heading out there the heat oh the heat it was bad enough at the beach & the pub without heading to Monarch.

Did anyone go out to C'town today, there was no way I was heading out there the heat oh the heat it was bad enough at the beach & the pub without heading to Monarch.

Yeah mate went out - very hot but okay under the grandstand in the shade.

GWS no clear target up forward and looked like they were trying Carltons trick with the three amigos up forward.
Clearly faster by foot than the Sydney Players.
Monarch was still quite long by no where near as wide as it could be as the boundarys were in quite a bit.
Umpiring I thought was pretty good but clearly whoever is in charge needed their head read by sending the umpires out in their jaffa uniforms - made it look like GWS had 21 out there and was confusing for everyone until they put on yellow vests - amateur hour.
Overall it was a bit of a nothing game but gave many the chance to catch up with others who attended.
Only other downer on the day was the warm beer so you were definately right to stay at a pub with cold ones.

Yeah mate went out - very hot but okay under the grandstand in the shade.

GWS no clear target up forward and looked like they were trying Carltons trick with the three amigos up forward.
Clearly faster by foot than the Sydney Players.
Monarch was still quite long by no where near as wide as it could be as the boundarys were in quite a bit.
Umpiring I thought was pretty good but clearly whoever is in charge needed their head read by sending the umpires out in their jaffa uniforms - made it look like GWS had 21 out there and was confusing for everyone until they put on yellow vests - amateur hour.
Overall it was a bit of a nothing game but gave many the chance to catch up with others who attended.
Only other downer on the day was the warm beer so you were definately right to stay at a pub with cold ones.

Cheers mate

Yep beach early then pub it's the plan again this week.

Who played well for GWS & SFL were the papers & AFLNSW sites accurate.

Whats the story with the 2 players?

Can't find anything on their site.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back