Mega Thread Sydney Swans Audio & Video Links

You said it better than I ever could.

Right. Next time let me know in advance when you want to engage in sniping rather than an actual discussion, just so I can be in the loop.

May 1, 2007
Camped in the goalsquare
AFL Club
Sydney
Right. Next time let me know in advance when you want to engage in sniping rather than an actual discussion, just so I can be in the loop.
The point is, the hosts were trying to make the point that "WOW, OMG, LOOK AT ALL THESE YOUNG PLAYERS IN THE TOP TEAMS, DOMINANCE, SCARY, WOOAHAHAH". I pointed out that that young players in successful teams doesn't automatically mean success and that two were likely to drop. You tried to refute this by saying that the Hawks and Cats were in the top three now and had been in 2008, ignoring the fact that the top three had changed repeatedly and that the two teams you named had both had periods where they...

weren't dominant.

The point is, the hosts were trying to make the point that "WOW, OMG, LOOK AT ALL THESE YOUNG PLAYERS IN THE TOP TEAMS, DOMINANCE, SCARY, WOOAHAHAH". I pointed out that that young players in successful teams doesn't automatically mean success and that two were likely to drop. You tried to refute this by saying that the Hawks and Cats were in the top three now and had been in 2008, ignoring the fact that the top three had changed repeatedly and that the two teams you named had both had periods where they...

weren't dominant.

No, both have had minor blips where they didn't make the Top 4. The point I made was that there are four teams that have not made the top 8 in the same time frame as Geelong and Hawthorn - Sydney arguably included - who have completed their cycle of rebuild and topped the ladder again to challenge for a flag, while only Richmond have now cracked into the Top 8. On the program they made a more accentuated point than I did - that these three will form a 'Big Three' to always top the ladder - while I was just making a more general point that, looking at it broadly, the point is accurate in that some teams seem perpetually at the bottom while other are perpetually at the top end.

Meanwhile, Shane Mumford boosts his 'yeah definitely' stats in this presser with a massive 6 in a 3 minute interview. With the Swans averaging only 2 per 3 minutes this season, Shane should be well pleased with his efforts. He went for a record seventh but the stupid journo asked the last question the wrong way.
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2013-07-29/swanstv-shane-mumford-press-conference-r19

Reading this post first, I was in stitches by the third 'Yeah definitely' :D

That first analysis was the goal that vonn is referring to in the podcast, for anyone who wants to make sense of what she's saying in that. :p

I would if I could bloody listen to the bloody thing.

I'll wait for teh Profit & Loss to come out, balance sheets are misleading

And considering the two sides didn't balance... he's doing something wrong.

And P&Ls can be just as bad!

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
And considering the two sides didn't balance... he's doing something wrong.

And P&Ls can be just as bad!

That sort of talk should be banned on here ;)

Back