Sydney Swans Ticketing Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

DST

Premiership Player
May 1, 2003
In enemy territory
AFL Club
Sydney
Reading some comments here make me smile......when we played poorly we were only getting worse with no end in sight, yet Esserdon are monty's to bounce back this week.....when we bring in players who have been out for a while they will be underdone, yet Esserdon have big ins that we need to watch......I just dont see it this week, If both teams play better than they did last week, we still win by a margin.

Any side that runs with a first choice defender who is 39 has problems in defence, a side that is hoping Carlisle, perhaps the most out of form player in the league will bounce back by playing CHB against Buddy is hoping against hope. I respect the opposition, but on current evidence I just don't understand the angst for this week.

Has always been a Category A game.

I've got my ticket, AFL members, on the wing, level 1 :D

It's nice to be a premium member.
Victorian Gold member (family) and All I am being offerred atm are level 3 tkts which I am not crazy about ... any idea how many sold to this point

Victorian Gold member (family) and All I am being offerred atm are level 3 tkts which I am not crazy about ... any idea how many sold to this point
Considering ASADA is bearing down, I don't think it'll sell out in a hurry. You could probably rock up on the day and buy your tickets at the booth, especially if there's any ASADA announcements during the week.

I have the Victoria Premiership Club one - the one with GF preference. Figured it was a worthwhile punt with Tippet & Franklin.

Only s**t tickets left, if i'm allowed to say that

Of course you are, quite a few Vic members have been complaining about the ticketing arrangements for this game (surprised it hasn't come up earlier in fact).

Of course you are, quite a few Vic members have been complaining about the ticketing arrangements for this game (surprised it hasn't come up earlier in fact).

I think it's ridiculous that we have to pay for tickets that we should already have rights to on our memberships.

Unfortunately we actually don't have rights to all Victorian Matches if you read the membership conditions.

General Admission entry to all Sydney Swans Home and Away games played in Victoria* (This is subject to capacity)

Capacity in the AFL means no general admission tickets available on the day (Hence the reason we can have a capacity MCG but the MCC and AFL members stands could only be half full.

Because the AFL and Essendon have called this a fully ticketed match it is already at capacity, therefore the reason why our memberships won't scan in on the day.

This is the reason why I had to pay $60 for two seats at this game (Even though I already have two memberships).

I have emailed the Swans and written on their facebook page asking for an explanation as to why this match is fully ticketed and why we weren't granted an allocation of tickets for our members at a decent price, but they haven't replied.

******* vic s**t, I noticed on my Sydney based membership I can get discounted tickets to all swans away games......except games at etihad and the MCG.
Haha geez that's rough as. I paid a bit for my membership and I was able to get afl members seats but I got in Monday morning I think it was

I usually sit in the clouds at etihad anyway, the viewing angle is pretty good and closer than the MCG.

I have emailed the Swans and written on their facebook page asking for an explanation as to why this match is fully ticketed and why we weren't granted an allocation of tickets for our members at a decent price, but they haven't replied.

They won't because it should be well known that Essendon home games at Etihad are ALWAYS fully ticketed and have been since the stadium opened in 2000. Lucky for us we haven't played there are much as we could have in that time but each game has been the same. Essendon brokered a sweetheart deal and opposition members and fans got the sharp end of the deal in the fact we have to pay extra on top of our memberships. Essendon were never going to grant an allocation of tickets to our members at a discount because that would cost them money. All our memberships entitle us to is a presage period before the public sale (which most miss anyway) and a small block of seats on level one per AFL requirements. Its a s**t sandwich that we and opposition members who play against Essendon at Eithad always have to eat.

I hate, you hate, we all hate but there is nothing the club can do on this one. The blame for this belongs with the Essendon and Eithad management of the late 90's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's ridiculous that we have to pay for tickets that we should already have rights to on our memberships.

Unfortunately we actually don't have rights to all Victorian Matches if you read the membership conditions.

General Admission entry to all Sydney Swans Home and Away games played in Victoria* (This is subject to capacity)

Capacity in the AFL means no general admission tickets available on the day (Hence the reason we can have a capacity MCG but the MCC and AFL members stands could only be half full.

Because the AFL and Essendon have called this a fully ticketed match it is already at capacity, therefore the reason why our memberships won't scan in on the day.

This is the reason why I had to pay $60 for two seats at this game (Even though I already have two memberships).

Yep, I particularly liked the fact my wife is a Dons supporter but got the SA membership so still has to pay (like we do) to go see her team at a home game when she has 3 "free" home game tickets attached to her membership apparently.

I'm $60 worse off so I'll just cover that with whatever line betfair are going to give me and we'll be all sweet!

Tried getting the upgraded GA reserved seating on Friday and had a bit of a play around.
L3 premium goals seemed to be sold out.
L3 standard wings was 14 bucks and the best seats I was given were 4 rows from the back.
L3 standard goals was Aisle 29 which looked to be at the end of that ticketing section bit over half way back (was seriously concerned they would be restricted viewing despite not being listed as such).
Eventually decided that standard goals was what i would settle for at 8.50 a pop but got booted out before i could enter the credit details and then got shut out of the site completely.

Called via the phone and while i waited for 20 odd minutes got a bay closer to goals and 10 rows closer to the front. Absolutely despise these ticketing systems where they clearly fill back then across meaning some walk up or late booking has just as much chance of getting a better seat than those that are organised. While a later email said tickets were available in all categories were still available, i'm sure i read somewhere that level 1 and 2 allocations had been exhausted. I'm expecting a pretty full house.

While it shits me up the wall that we have to play teams (Essendon and Geelong) where we constantly have to purchase tickets on top of our membership, imagine being a standard Essendon (non-reserved seat member) on top of 200 odd bucks, every game you have to call up and book / pay for an upgraded seat.

Ticketing is always pretty average at Ethiad, but honestly there is no winner- Essendon have 55,000 plus members, as it is not all of them are getting seats. I am thankful I have 6 seats (going with a few friends). That is what happens when you play big games at small stadiums.

So the question is did tickets free up, is the site playing funny buggers, or are the bastards holding back sections and releasing them bit by bit?
Level 1 on the wing is AFL members so you won't be able to book it unless you have an AFL membership or a club membership with access to those seats. I do wonder how much that would cost doe a Vic club because I thought it was affordable just for a single adult.

I'm not sure there's any guest access either.

They won't because it should be well known that Essendon home games at Etihad are ALWAYS fully ticketed and have been since the stadium opened in 2000. Lucky for us we haven't played there are much as we could have in that time but each game has been the same. Essendon brokered a sweetheart deal and opposition members and fans got the sharp end of the deal in the fact we have to pay extra on top of our memberships. Essendon were never going to grant an allocation of tickets to our members at a discount because that would cost them money. All our memberships entitle us to is a presage period before the public sale (which most miss anyway) and a small block of seats on level one per AFL requirements. Its a s**t sandwich that we and opposition members who play against Essendon at Eithad always have to eat.

I hate, you hate, we all hate but there is nothing the club can do on this one. The blame for this belongs with the Essendon and Eithad management of the late 90's

That is correct in regards to it being a fully ticketed game, but this is our first Category A game under the new variable pricing arrangements that has significantly increased the costs to pre purchase seats on all levels.

To make matters worse they have also excluded Swans Victorian members from being able to purchase tickets on level 1, to maximise the full price ticket payments for general admission patrons as well.

Victorian members now make up more than 25% of the total Swans membership and these new changes will have significant ramifications that the club need to work with the AFL to overcome.

DST

Yep I was about to mention the impact of variable ticketing in response to Robbieando's post and I think it is worth taking up the issue with the club because it affects what they are able to offer its members.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back