Game Day Sydney Swans V. Richmond Tigers - The Mitch Morton Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams don't turn around that sort of form in a finals game against top quality opposition to be faced next week.
Played ourselves out of form regardless who is to come back in. Charade picking Franklin knowing he was not going to play and tbh ******* pointless, as was Naismith who makes Paul Chambers look like Polly ******* Farmer.:rolleyes:
Can't agree with that....just rubbish ( cept the bit about Naismith....even though harsh)

melbournehammer

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
His diving cost him a legitimate free in the last I reckon

I'm personally sick of it. I said previously that it is Matthew Lloyd esque and it is really frustrating me. He is one of our absolute champions but he really should not be playing next year. It could be more depressing than the rok situation.

I'm personally sick of it. I said previously that it is Matthew Lloyd esque and it is really frustrating me. He is one of our absolute champions but he really should not be playing next year. It could be more depressing than the rok situation.
Don't think it would be the same situation. ROK played in the reserves because he thinks he can still play somewhere else next year. I think if Goodes wasn't good enough for the seniors any more he would retire

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Towers was better tonight he deserves credit for improvement
Rohans pressure was great. Parker was epic. Hanners was patchy ditto jetta when they played well we looked ok
Foot skills were woeful all round but post their start we looked pretty good. Goodesy stop diving mate its poor, and ur best and worst gap is increasing
He cost us in the last

I thought Jets had a great game, did a lot of work off the ball and his effort couldn't be faulted.

Our foot skills near drove me nuts. Abysmal is the word that comes to mind.

Do Not Go Quietly? Well we sure bollocks that slogan up. We were freaking near mute in the first quarter.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I thought Jets had a great game, did a lot of work off the ball and his effort couldn't be faulted.

Our foot skills near drove me nuts. Abysmal is the word that comes to mind.

Do Not Go Quietly? Well we sure bollocks that slogan up. We were freaking near mute in the first quarter.

I can describe it as carefree arrogant kicking reckon we fired Richmond up even more leaving Buddy out.

Horts

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2014
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Leeds United, Melbourne City
I keep finding reasons to tell myself it's okay to drop that game, and it is. But I keep coming back to the fact that..

Hawthorn would of won that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

melbournehammer

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Not sure but we kicked it to Rance a lot, we really need to learn to kick to a forwards advantage we must be one of the worst in the comp at it.

The one where towers was leading to the fat side and we kicked it behind him was an astonishingly bad kick. But it was one of so many...

I keep finding reasons to tell myself it's okay to drop that game, and it is. But I keep coming back to the fact that..

Hawthorn would of won that game.

Yeah we should of won it in the end we threw it away

But i also feel if hawks had equivalent players out it would be mentioned all game

Win next week and all is right

Lose and this game takes on more meaning

stevoswan

Senior List
Jun 10, 2012
Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
We played a lot of dumb football today really really dumb.
We always seem to play dumb footy in the wet:rolleyes:, so here's hoping the Sydney weather improves and it's good dry conditions next week! F**king beatiful weather down here in Victoria at the moment, real finals weather, you can feel it in the blood. It's exciting:D. I'm not too fussed about today, it boils down to this, the AFL got the result they wanted, but we still got the minor premiership, and no injuries, and 4-5 'first 22' players to return and, considering the playing load of those injured players who have returned in recent weeks and will next week, a good number of fresh players. Glass half full guys, in fact very full I'd say.....:)

Good
Rampe's job on Riewoldt.
Parker confirming his AA spot.
Rohan's confidence is sky high and we're seeing the results.
Jetta's vision for that cross field kick. Sumptuous.

Bad
Forward line structure. Once Franklin was out I'm sure Chaplin was rubbing his hands with glee at being third man up against Tippett and Reid. We tried to rectify this later with Rohan moving forward to occupy him. Also with JPK, McGlynn and Bird out, that meant Parker had to spend less time in the forward line where he's just as potent as we saw with that great contested mark and goal (and ripped shirt <3)
Throwing Naismith in against Maric and a hungry Richmond midfield, poor guy just wasn't ready for it. We were smashed in the clearances, particularly in the first quarter and a half.
Kicking and handballing skills. Might chalk this one down to the weather but it was really stark how many of our disposals missed their targets.

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
The Richmond guys in front of me were literally crying when we looked like stealing that one. They gave a s**t. We all thought it was so cute. It would have been nice to kick one of those peppered attempts in the last and seal a heart breaker. But I personally didn't want it enough, and neither did most of our team apparently.

The first 20 minutes was dialed in.

Seriously appraising that game is hard. But I'd suggest a few kids played themselves OUT of a finals start though. I won't name names. They know who they are.

As for my take on it all:

lack%2Bof%2Binterest.jpg

:oops:

Geez the hysterics in here is over the top!

Tigers came out with intent and got the rub of the green. After that the game was pretty even.
We butchered the ball and still only lost by a kick.

Fancy smashing a 1st game ruckman and the coach for playing him. FFS.
I thought he showed a bit, obviously a long way to go.

As for the Goodesy bashing, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back