V9x18

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2014
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Pistons, Browns, BCFC, Lions
Geez the hysterics in here is over the top!

Tigers came out with intent and got the rub of the green. After that the game was pretty even.
We butchered the ball and still only lost by a kick.

Fancy smashing a 1st game ruckman and the coach for playing him. FFS.
I thought he showed a bit, obviously a long way to go.

As for the Goodesy bashing, you should be ashamed of yourself.

dont think many people are bashing goodes. But you've got to be blind to see that he plays for free kicks and lacks the defensive side to his game. i love the legend but If he was a hawthorne player you know well and good we would all be trashing him right now

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
He seemed quite happy for a coach that had just lost a game. Thought Naismith did alright.

He didn't look to happy in the coaches box earlier on:p Maybe between there and the presser he spent 5 minutes screaming into an empty lift shaft and then put the Stone Face of Longmire back on.

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
If we didn't dial the first quarter in my prediction of a 6 goal win wouldn't have been far off. Add Buddy. Add JPK. Add a game we care about.

Will beat Fremantle.

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
Yeah, humiliating to lose a game like that just when we should burnishing our flag credentials. We were woeful in the first quarter.

But not a bad thing to carry the sting of the loss into the finals. Didn't we lose two of our last three minor round games in 2012?

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I keep finding reasons to tell myself it's okay to drop that game, and it is. But I keep coming back to the fact that..

Hawthorn would of won that game.

100 percent correct.
That's what ******* irks me. We are not a patch on their professionalism when it comes to situations like today.
Always have to make things hard for ourselves. They just do what needs to be done while some of our better players in todays situation reduce themselves to looking like hacks. ******* Towers in the ruck Horse !!!!! Give us a ******* spell !!!!:mad:

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
100 percent correct.
That's what ******* irks me. We are not a patch on their professionalism when it comes to situations like today.
Always have to make things hard for ourselves. They just do what needs to be done while some of our better players in todays situation reduce themselves to looking like hacks. ******* Towers in the ruck Horse !!!!! Give us a ******* spell !!!!:mad:

Richards on Martin was certainly eye opening as well.

Horts

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2014
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Leeds United, Melbourne City
100 percent correct.

Yeah the Hawks are a ******* wrecking machine aren't they?

As much as I hate to say it, they are the best team in the comp, just so ******* professional.

I despise it!

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
It had to happen once they moved Rampe to Riewoldt.

It is still not right having a bloke who has the turning circle of a Kenworth doing a u turn in Flinders Lane one out isolated for periods inside 50 on a bloke who has a low centre of gravity to the ground and is as nimble as all get out.
Poor coaching and nothing less with that match up.

Parkerman

All Australian
Jul 12, 2014
Big Cox, Darling Stand
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool with Kenny Suarez #7
I'm more than happy Horse didn't give our best matchups away against a potential finals opponent in a game where we were always going to end up finishing in a top two position after the final siren.

Apologies for the long sentence

dont think many people are bashing goodes. But you've got to be blind to see that he plays for free kicks and lacks the defensive side to his game. i love the legend but If he was a hawthorne player you know well and good we would all be trashing him right now

I think you are bashing Goodes.
I think you are out of line bashing Goodes.
He deserves far more respect.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Pretty damn good had a 8 goal 3rd quarter blew Port away then switched off.

Sigh. And this is what peeves me about tonight's game. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it - and what purpose half the stuff we did was supposed to serve, other than encourage some bad habits I really don't want to see again.

Maybe Horse was just helping the Hawks & Freo spies earn frequent flyer points.:drunk:

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Sigh. And this is what peeves me about tonight's game. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it - and what purpose half the stuff we did was supposed to serve, other than encourage some bad habits I really don't want to see again.

Maybe Horse was just helping the Hawks & Freo spies earn frequent flyer points.:drunk:

Like i said if it actually means anything then yer its poor form going into next week but im certain today game will have zero bearing on next week.

Mindset goes along with skills.

I keep finding reasons to tell myself it's okay to drop that game, and it is. But I keep coming back to the fact that..

Hawthorn would of won that game.
I am not so sure.......

Without doubt we had our chances.

I'm relatively okay with the fact we lost, it's just the fashion that we lost it in. We looked really really bad, we didn't look like a Preliminary Final team let alone a Grand Final team.

Our outs were our own fault, with the exception of probably Bird.

Looking forward to having Kennedy & McGlynn back. Those 2 play tonight and we scrape over the line in my opinion.

You heading up next week? Looking into flights tonight.
You are reading into it more than what was there I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back