Sydney v Richmond @ ANZ - Rd 23 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

My apologies dood

Well done Richmond

Mean that's sincerely ....just peeved that's all

No franklin gifted the win to you guys .....RANCE played a great game but he would have got franklin and this means Tippett would have been loose more

Well done

I don't think you'll get anywhere near port next week ...I will be cheering for Richmond though

But nine in a row is super duper effort ....

Swans tanked tonight, they played the game like they really didn't care and it showed

But lucks a fortune as they say .....enjoy the week and the build up will be good

Go tigers next week

Franklin being out did even things up structurally, it meant we could double team Tippett.

However, Sydney were red-hot from the 15 minute mark of the first quarter until the end, it was just a lackluster start from them in that first 15 minutes, plus our boys being super fired up and wanting to get a good start, that decided the game.

Sydney played solid footy tonight, and would have won the game if they had come out with a bit more hunger in that first 15 minutes.

Last time when they had their full compliment in, they only won it by 11 points, but that one could have went either way too.

Franklin being out did even things up structurally, it meant we could double team Tippett.

However, Sydney were red-hot from the 15 minute mark of the first quarter until the end, it was just a lackluster start from them in that first 15 minutes, plus our boys being super fired up and wanting to get a good start, that decided the game.

Sydney played solid footy tonight, and would have won the game if they had come out with a bit more hunger in that first 15 minutes.

Last time when they had their full compliment in, they only won it by 11 points, but that one could have went either way too.
I watched the game

Look well done ...take nothing away ...but swans played thief worst game of the year tonight

Ted Richards falling over late in the game .....swans made so many basic errors tonight

Sydney didn't play well at all ...

But it bodes well for Freo ...(I'm not anti freo - they are from wa so I follow them for the finals)

Freo will smash Sydeny if Sydeny dish up that rubbish next week .......

I watched the game

Look well done ...take nothing away ...but swans played thief worst game of the year tonight

Ted Richards falling over late in the game .....swans made so many basic errors tonight

Sydney didn't play well at all ...

But it bodes well for Freo ...(I'm not anti freo - they are from wa so I follow them for the finals)

Freo will smash Sydeny if Sydeny dish up that rubbish next week .......

Sydney weren't at their absolute peak, I agree, but our style of play and winning the contested ball early didn't let them get out of the blocks at all, and I would say perhaps even stopped them from being ABLE to play at their best as well.

Make no mistake, we jumped them early, and they were poor, but after that first 15 minutes, the Swans were the better team today, and played good footy. And I watched the whole game as well.

Downplay this win all you want, but it wasn't a cheap victory, and in the end all the pressure was on us to not choke. How many Richmond teams over the years would have held onto it?

I personally wouldn't believe we had won until there was like 5 seconds left and it was sailing towards Riewoldt...

This was an incredible effort to survive and get over the line, and I'd be saying the same thing if the Eagles had won the game against Sydney in the exact manner that we did. :thumbsu:

No worries. You need it. Hope you don't **** it up like every other year. :)
every OTHER year?

Like, 1992, 1994 and 2006?

You must have us confused with your own team who have ****ed it up since 1980.

Poor kid, is crying. His mob even with * has drawn against Carlton, struggled against WC and he figures its best to come on here to slag off a mighty win about my great club. You are trying to hard lance, its sad actualy. You know North will pummel your side and yet us, we have played Port and have no fear of them, we beat them this year as well as beating them in there home ground last year. We even have played the portress and got a win.....your record against North is not that Hot.
4 from the last 8.

Our record is fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney weren't at their absolute peak, I agree, but our style of play and winning the contested ball early didn't let them get out of the blocks at all, and I would say perhaps even stopped them from being ABLE to play at their best as well.

Make no mistake, we jumped them early, and they were poor, but after that first 15 minutes, the Swans were the better team today, and played good footy. And I watched the whole game as well.

Downplay this win all you want, but it wasn't a cheap victory, and in the end all the pressure was on us to not choke. How many Richmond teams over the years would have held onto it?

I personally wouldn't believe we had won until there was like 5 seconds left and it was sailing towards Riewoldt...

This was an incredible effort to survive and get over the line, and I'd be saying the same thing if the Eagles had won the game against Sydney in the exact manner that we did. :thumbsu:

Yes it was. The cheapest all year and you know it. Sydney reserves and the umpires rooting you all the way to the finals.

Afl AT IT'S BEST.

Draft picks. Wow 3 flags. Who hasn't done that? Keep calm though. I'm looking forward to your big game tomorrow.
Oh yes draft picks.
****ed up like Tambling?
Glad you enjoy an Eagles win. But you ****ed it up didn't you. 3 out of your first 13 games hahahaha.
And you could have been top 4.
Enjoy your last game next week.

Great win and good luck with finals

Rooted at 3-10 and be out cold....and then make finals is amazing

Has to be a record

I just thought swans played so poorly for three quarters and nearly stole it

Like u said though you played good contested footy which won you the game ....the ground and buddy not playing suited you guys but you've won 9 straight and that's great in anyone's eyes .....

Port won't be easy but momentum is a funny thing

Expect one thing next week in Adelaide ....no free kicks ...reckon you'll get less than ten for the game

So you're going to have to play perfect footy to beat port ...

Glad you enjoy an Eagles win. But you ****** it up didn't you. 3 out of your first 13 games hahahaha.
And you could have been top 4.
Enjoy your last game next week.
Lol compelling argument. I enjoy a rare Eagles win. Will be cheering for you tomorrow though I don't think you'll get it done unfortunately.

I watched the game

Sydney didn't play well at all

Every time the Tiges beat a good side we hear the same thing. Is it possible the tiges are in good form an one on one contributed to the Swans slight drop off? Yes I know they had a few out, but if they are one of the top two sides playing a side outside of the 8 should that count? Exclude round 1 loss to the Suns we have now won 5 interstate games in a row. Next week against Port will not worry the players one bit.

Great win and good luck with finals

Root be 3-10 and be out is amazing

Has to be a record

I just thought swans played so poorly for three quarters and nearly stole it

Like u said though you played good contested footy which won you the game ....the ground and buddy not playing suited you guys but you've won 9 straight and that's great in anyone's eyes .....

Port won't be easy but momentum is a funny thing

Expect one thing next week in Adelaide ....no free kicks ...reckon you'll get less than ten for the game

So you're going to have to play perfect footy to beat port ...

We experianced the free kick bias already with the 3 away wins during our streak. We will be fine. Tigers by 12 pts

Congratulations Tigers. You wanted the win more than we did and got it. The Swans had too many kids and never got any rhythm going. And the Tigers were there for every errant kick. Enjoy finals - you deserve it.

As a Swans supporter I found it a bit of a nothing game and was laughing at the series of behinds we kicked. Bad game to introduce a rookie ruck man - I hope Naismith isn't too scarred by the experience. I'm glad we kept it close enough to secure the minor premiership - now we just have to make the most of that with Joey and Buddy, Ben and Craig back in the team next saturday. I bet Cunningham doesn't lose his spot - he played very well and often looked like the only Swan trying out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back