How many goals will Buddy kick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
- Carlton in 2000, followed up a 13-game winning streak with 3 losses on the bounce.

- Essendon lost to the Dogs in 2000 after 20 in a row, then almost coughed up the following game to lowly Collingwood.

- Geelong in 2009, lost to the Saints in that classic round 14 game after being 13-0 to start the season, then to Brisbane the following week.

- St Kilda began the same season 19-0 before going down to the Bombers and Roos in consecutive weeks.

They are examples off the top of my head and all happened to very competent football teams. I like your thinking HM :thumbsu:

its almost like with each win the momentum builds and builds, the bubble they are in gets stronger and stronger, then finally the bubble bursts and it just oozes out every where.. the pressure is released, there is an ineveitable lull.

Jam123

Cancelled
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Guys it is not Buddy's 200th! He is on 198 games. 182 at Hawthorn and 16 at Sydney.
Dodged a massive bullet there. Should only kick 12 goals now.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
Guys it is not Buddy's 200th! He is on 198 games. 182 at Hawthorn and 16 at Sydney.
Dodged a massive bullet there. Should only kick 12 goals now.

I'd almost prefer it to be his 200th so he feels some other sort of emotion prior to playing us rather than his usual feelings of impending dominance.

If in doubt, barrack for the Vic team.

When Hawks were first playing WC for the flag we thought we'd show some Vic spirit and support the local team at a pub. The Hawks supporters all told us to * off, they didn't want our support.

In hindsight we should have known better. The Hawks are campaigners, I wouldn't even support them against Sydney.

When Hawks were first playing WC for the flag we thought we'd show some Vic spirit and support the local team at a pub. The Hawks supporters all told us to **** off, they didn't want our support.

In hindsight we should have known better. The Hawks are campaigners, I wouldn't even support them against Sydney.

Yeah, supporting Vics is the rule of thumb, but games like Hawks v Syd, Carl v any interstate really make it hard.

Another rule is jumping on whoever's win will help our cause. The Carlton win over North produced a strange feeling of jubliation and self-loathing.

Looking like TBC will replace JD ?, deemed fit to play

Will be a bit short of a run you would think given he only started training again last week. Missed about 3 weeks of training.
Ankle may be ready to go but i doubt he can run out a full game.

It may be an impression that is not borne out by the reality, I don't know- but I can't really recall or think of TBC as being the type who gets going quickly after returning from injury either.

I find it hard to imagine him slotting straight back into the senior side and playing to the level we'd really require.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
I'd be surprised if beachcomber comes back in. But without daniher up forward, we look pretty short up there. Don't think we can rely on another big bag from wada Carlisle.

Really hope Hibberd plays a lot better than last week and we get more from our midfield, that is the key for us.

I'd be surprised if beachcomber comes back in. But without daniher up forward, we look pretty short up there. Don't think we can rely on another big bag from wada Carlisle.

Really hope Hibberd plays a lot better than last week and we get more from our midfield, that is the key for us.

Pep, Pig has tweaked his hammy and has another 2-3 off. Sorry to be the harbinger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back