Sylvia Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

I was stoked when we signed him - definitely got that one wrong. But I am also stoked now. Such a waste of talent, some of his best footy at Melbourne was awesome but he did nothing to earn respect or trust whilst here, reckon the 6 games he gotsstbyear were gifts and he still didn't perform.

Should I add a Toast or Roast prefix to this thread....
Either way the right decision by both parties.
Autopsy?

If we can upgrade a player, depsite the impressive form of Ballard, I reckon it should be Tanner. We are light on down back and he could be called upon to bridge the gap. JB is behind Suban, DeBoer, Mzungu, Sheridan, Crozier and potentially even Blakely and Grey in terms of call-up to the senior side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Col the campaigner. see ya later nuffy.

Sylvia said: “I would like to thank the Fremantle Football Club for the opportunity I was given to continue my AFL career after leaving Melbourne. While I have really enjoyed my time here, things haven’t gone entirely to plan in a football sense and I look forward to focusing on the next phase of my life.”

Maybe he can hit the nightclub circuit like other never were's, like Big Brother contestants and the Geordie Shore crew.

What's the lesson in this?

You can take the player out of Melbourne...
...but you cant take Melbourne out of the player.

(Still want to get Jesse 'Hulkamania' Hogan back here though)

I'm sure a Melbourne player knowing nothing but Paul Roos as a coach is far superior to someone who has had Neeld, Bailey, Craig, Danniher, Viney & Riley at the helm :drunk:

So the Melbourne in Hogan would be pretty good I'd have thought :thumbsu:

Ironic that we have Melbourne this weekend, maybe we can play off for this from now on...

colin sylvia basket.png

I'm flogging it I know, but let's be honest in a month it will never see the light of day again!! :cry:

Col the campaigner. see ya later nuffy.

Sylvia said: “I would like to thank the Fremantle Football Club for the opportunity I was given to continue my AFL career after leaving Melbourne. While I have really enjoyed my time here, things haven’t gone entirely to plan in a football sense and I look forward to focusing on the next phase of my life.”
Aww that's nice.

Hopefully the boys can dig deep and win this week ... for Colin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back