Sylvia Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

3rd division what a fall.

After getting paid $400k and his attitude towards footy amazing he is playing so soon. Perhaps he just didnt have the motivation to play at the very top level?

For me it looks like the guy has drinking problems thats why the club is helping him?
I think they are helping him so we don't have to count the 350-400K towards our salary cap. Not sure what the rules are in Division Three but I recon Templestowe might have the biggest salary bill in the league.

I think they are helping him so we don't have to count the 350-400K towards our salary cap. Not sure what the rules are in Division Three but I recon Templestowe might have the biggest salary bill in the league.
Pretty sure that kind of deal would be frowned upon by the AFL.

Of course it is. Just seems a logical conclusion from the outside with very limited knowledge of the contracts etc.

Its would be interesting if that occurred but its unlikely as it will be abused by clubs. I think Slyvias money won't count towards cap as it was a genuine case where he couldn't meet his contractual requirements.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to him. He gave them a lot more than he gave us and I'm sure he deserves it.

Such a shame someone with that kid if potential coasted though...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back