Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1418640549875.jpg

The leader is good the leader is great. We Surrender Our Will As Of This Date.
purewal-1984-general-splsh.jpg

ESSENDON players exchanged text messages about “Thymo’’ injections they received from sports scientist Stephen Dank during the club’s fateful 2012 season, an AFL anti-doping tribunal has been told.

ASADA documents provided to a specially convened tribunal chaired by retired county court judge David Jones allege that text messages sent by two Bombers in April and July 2012 refer to Thymosin and “Thymo’’ injections administered by Dank to them and a third Essendon teammate.

The ASADA case is that the substance referred to in the text messages is Thymosin Beta-4, a peptide banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency. Lawyers for the players will tell the tribunal hearing that the substance was either Thymomodulin or Thymosin Alpha-1, peptides permitted by WADA.

ASADA has accused 34 current and former Essendon players of taking Thymosin Beta-4 as part of a supplements program devised and administered by Dank. The players face a mandatory two-year ban if found guilty.

The hearing is being conducted behind closed doors in a Melbourne courtroom following objections by lawyers for ASADA and the players to media coverage of the proceedings. The hearing will run for three days this week and is scheduled to resume on January 12. The players are provisionally suspended until the case is determined.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...8d37dbd38a6d4ca953b0c63f#.VI-At2GOpwo.twitter

ESSENDON players exchanged text messages about “Thymo’’ injections they received from sports scientist Stephen Dank during the club’s fateful 2012 season, an AFL anti-doping tribunal has been told.

ASADA documents provided to a specially convened tribunal chaired by retired county court judge David Jones allege that text messages sent by two Bombers in April and July 2012 refer to Thymosin and “Thymo’’ injections administered by Dank to them and a third Essendon teammate.

The ASADA case is that the substance referred to in the text messages is Thymosin Beta-4, a peptide banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency. Lawyers for the players will tell the tribunal hearing that the substance was either Thymomodulin or Thymosin Alpha-1, peptides permitted by WADA.

ASADA has accused 34 current and former Essendon players of taking Thymosin Beta-4 as part of a supplements program devised and administered by Dank. The players face a mandatory two-year ban if found guilty.

The hearing is being conducted behind closed doors in a Melbourne courtroom following objections by lawyers for ASADA and the players to media coverage of the proceedings. The hearing will run for three days this week and is scheduled to resume on January 12. The players are provisionally suspended until the case is determined.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...8d37dbd38a6d4ca953b0c63f#.VI-At2GOpwo.twitter
Good luck with that defence.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/danks-stunning-admission-20140613-zs7ea.html

They are all kinds of f***ed

If the case hangs on it being Thymomodulin and you have players at the time calling it thymosin they are in all sorts of shite.

Is that true or has the journo taken poetic license? If they are suspended then why did Watson and Fletcher play in the international rules series and how are they doing pre season training?

Is that true or has the journo taken poetic license? If they are suspended then why did Watson and Fletcher play in the international rules series and how are they doing pre season training?
Frick knows. Must have been some sort of loop hole that allowed *jobe and *fletch to play in a hybrid game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was covered when the provisional suspension kicked in...provisional suspension does not prevent training and the AFL can decide whether or not they can play. The AFL decided it would let Watson and Fletcher play in the International Series. I just figured at the time that the AFL's decision to let them play was intended as a form of partial punishment.

First chance I've had to post on here since the thread has re-opened.

Well actually, I've had plenty of chances but such is your irrelevancy I had better things to do.

I did drive past Arden St and laugh last week though.... you poor goofy bastards.....

--------

In all seriousness, like it or lump it, but my opinion on football clubs has been altered and skewed based on the behaviour I see from their fans on BigFooty.

The conduct of the members of this board upon learning of the passing of The Scales was genuinely touching. Moreover, closing this thread - obviously one of the more enjoyable threads you have - was a humbling display of solidarity between fellow supporters.

You actually managed to show genuine sympathy for Essendon. You have my thanks.

---------

But what are thanks eh? So I thought maybe I might give you peasantly flogs a small token of my appreciation. I would like for you penniless saps to give me a new avatar and signature for a couple of days. I can't say how long, cause I don't know how long I can tolerate wearing it; but a couple days at the least.

Have at it, ya tin rattling centrelinkers.

First chance I've had to post on here since the thread has re-opened.

Well actually, I've had plenty of chances but such is your irrelevancy I had better things to do.

I did drive past Arden St and laugh last week though.... you poor goofy bastards.....

--------

In all seriousness, like it or lump it, but my opinion on football clubs has been altered and skewed based on the behaviour I see from their fans on BigFooty.

The conduct of the members of this board upon learning of the passing of The Scales was genuinely touching. Moreover, closing this thread - obviously one of the more enjoyable threads you have - was a humbling display of solidarity between fellow supporters.

You actually managed to show genuine sympathy for Essendon. You have my thanks.

---------

But what are thanks eh? So I thought maybe I might give you peasantly flogs a small token of my appreciation. I would like for you penniless saps to give me a new avatar and signature for a couple of days. I can't say how long, cause I don't know how long I can tolerate wearing it; but a couple days at the least.

Have at it, ya tin rattling centrelinkers.
There's a few avatars and l won't speak for others who will choose for you, but here's one suggestion for an avatar.

FJH.jpg

I do not like old *Essendon
They should be taught a *Lessendon
To clean up their own *Messendon
They are our new Loch *Nessendon

... That fell apart at the end.

Lol'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back