Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious answer. Now it's been expanded to something like "just amazing what they have been able to achieve under such terrible circumstances, they deserve to go deep into September." Which Darcy said Monday evening to nods from the panel.

If we're taking Luke Darcy seriously, we know this saga has reached the fork in the road leading down the darkest timeline.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Toot toot!
team_crazy_train.png

;)

and speaking of this - the latest in internet heroics from our fearless campaigners on the * Board - this particular post got many postive comments along the lines of "that is the greatest prose effort in the history of the English Language"

I, for one, am one supporter who wants a result. I'm even resigned to the good or bad finish to all of this from Middleton, as it forces the next stage to proceed. ASADA can go their way if they win, but if we win - I want to see purjury(sic) cases, I want royal commissions and I want the AFL ripped from the inside out. I do want draft picks back and I want $2M. But all in all, I want the truth. I want to know if the AFL is a corrupt organisation. I want to know why the government of the day sought the plight of a sporting team to hide their inadequacies, I want to know why ASADA allowed influence of a local sporting body to totally destroy any ounce of credibility it had in being the expert in the field of drug taking in sport and why it was in their interests to see out as low as they did.

The current state we are at leaves too many unanswered questions by a government funded department with tax payers dollars, a major party of the Australian political landscape and the prevalent sporting body in the land. I'd love to, but I can't even say that we have a 50/50 chance with Middleton's finding, as I'm wondering where the next influence is coming from. is it the Liberals, the AFL, ASADA?? If three groups can manufacture the result of an investigation, dupe the public with mis-truths and perception, have media leak for one side to attempt to legitimize direction - our fate might already be sealed.

No AFL supporter should want this - let alone a single Essendon one.

Why would a perjury case follow?, on what basis would a Royal Commission be called - ADJR act applications and findings that a government body acted beyond power every day of the week.

Serious answer. Now it's been expanded to something like "just amazing what they have been able to achieve under such terrible circumstances, they deserve to go deep into September." Which Darcy said Monday evening to nods from the panel.
That didn't answer my question though :(

GarnerSmash

10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
and speaking of this - the latest in internet heroics from our fearless campaigners on the * Board - this particular post got many postive comments along the lines of "that is the greatest prose effort in the history of the English Language"

I, for one, am one supporter who wants a result. I'm even resigned to the good or bad finish to all of this from Middleton, as it forces the next stage to proceed. ASADA can go their way if they win, but if we win - I want to see purjury(sic) cases, I want royal commissions and I want the AFL ripped from the inside out. I do want draft picks back and I want $2M. But all in all, I want the truth. I want to know if the AFL is a corrupt organisation. I want to know why the government of the day sought the plight of a sporting team to hide their inadequacies, I want to know why ASADA allowed influence of a local sporting body to totally destroy any ounce of credibility it had in being the expert in the field of drug taking in sport and why it was in their interests to see out as low as they did.

The current state we are at leaves too many unanswered questions by a government funded department with tax payers dollars, a major party of the Australian political landscape and the prevalent sporting body in the land. I'd love to, but I can't even say that we have a 50/50 chance with Middleton's finding, as I'm wondering where the next influence is coming from. is it the Liberals, the AFL, ASADA?? If three groups can manufacture the result of an investigation, dupe the public with mis-truths and perception, have media leak for one side to attempt to legitimize direction - our fate might already be sealed.

Why would a perjury case follow?, on what basis would a Royal Commission be called - ADJR act applications and findings that a government body acted beyond power every day of the week.
Cliff notes:

"I want a wowwie pop!!" :cry:

I take it Darcy was talking about front line military personnel, paramedics, prison guards, pysch ward staff or something like that? That's the only assumption I can draw from that comment. I don't know what "going deep into September" means - maybe it means receiving a medal for valour or perhaps receiving a healthy pension to reward them for their years of service, I dunno. I certainly can't think of any "terrible circumstances" footy players face, that's for sure.

Or maybe Darcy was just talking out of his hat again?

GarnerSmash

Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Isn't when you've got 10,000 spoons but all you need is a syringe?
It's like meeting the man of your dreams, and then finding out that he instigated a club wide doping program, injects himself with WADA banned substances to give himself a tan, ended up with a week long hard-on and takes "full responsibility".

If you are trying to eat soup a syringe will work.
I still think the 10,000 spoons would work better but I know you boys are emotionally attached to your syringes

GarnerSmash

Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

A conspiracy theory of the highest order.

By the way *he/she forgot to mention Switkovski and his investigation. Isn't he by his findings also guilty of conspiring against the *essendon fc?

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
A conspiracy theory of the highest order.

By the way *he/she forgot to mention Switkovski and his investigation. Isn't he by his findings also guilty of conspiring against the *essendon fc?

Horace there are pages and pages written about what a "traitor" he is!! I wish I could but I cannot look away to the extent of the collective delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back