Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmmm, yes.....they'll be queuing up based on that - Swans could have won that by 100+ if they didn't take the foot off the pedal.

I actually think North should be very happy with their year, as should Essendon - of course we'll have to settle for having Heppell whilst we watch with envy knowing we could have had Atley, but all jokes aside both sides are about 2 free agents and a couple of young guys having a break out year away from being a smokey of a challenger.

Enjoy laughing about an endless off field issue that damages both the dons and the code we all love (and that very much includes the smaller clubs and their revenue), and enjoy laughing at how drawn out and damaging this has been/is for our game.

Today's verdict does nothing but put us back to exactly where we were 7 weeks ago, and now we very slowly all move forward again.....cheering for that is akin to cheering because a player is injured and awaiting a stretcher (which says a fair bit more about the people cheering than the injured player imo).

Enjoy.
Cheering for an injured player (or an umpire for that matter) is a horrible thing and I would look badly on all who do such a terrible and heartless thing.

Cheering for the demise of a football club who abandoned protocol and injected players with dangerous substances, with unknown detrimental effects, to get a leg up on the competition is more in the noble category. The players are victims, I look forward to seeing more players abandon ship in the future. As for last night, we got obliterated by a side who was rested and pumped, and a few years further into development than we are. It is still a successful year. Enjoy the offseason, credit to you for showing up here.

Last edited:
I was reading the verdict as I was sitting on the toilet this morning. No surprise really, Essendon's case was like someone shooting in the dark. They were never gonna win.

Staying in the toilet any longer than absolutely necessary can be injurious to your health, Oscar. You probably know that already.

mmmm, yes.....they'll be queuing up based on that - Swans could have won that by 100+ if they didn't take the foot off the pedal.

I actually think North should be very happy with their year, as should Essendon - of course we'll have to settle for having Heppell whilst we watch with envy knowing we could have had Atley, but all jokes aside both sides are about 2 free agents and a couple of young guys having a break out year away from being a smokey of a challenger.

Enjoy laughing about an endless off field issue that damages both the dons and the code we all love (and that very much includes the smaller clubs and their revenue), and enjoy laughing at how drawn out and damaging this has been/is for our game.

Today's verdict does nothing but put us back to exactly where we were 7 weeks ago, and now we very slowly all move forward again.....cheering for that is akin to cheering because a player is injured and awaiting a stretcher (which says a fair bit more about the people cheering than the injured player imo).

Enjoy.

This Muppet.

Best u become a mod and start cleaning up your own back yard as the place is on its way to disgusting new lows. I shudder to think just how low you * donialists will go when this drug saga ends up where we all knew it would from day one.

Your duties can commence by tracking down this animal...

****** said: ↑
That is not great regardless of how hard of a trot we have had. I hope Paddy does a knee and can't play again but I do not wish ill on his children unborn or not.

Your right though, cheering for an injury does say a lot about the people* cheering.

Enjoy.

So 7 extra months of "this has dragged on far too long, think about the players" crap? Don't you find it ironic that the *organisation that would "like this to go away" is doing everything it can to make the whole thing last longer? And now * are considering appealing.....really? On what grounds exactly? Middleton made it clear that even if he had found the investigation illegal, he would have let the show cause notices stand. So, just more delaying tactics??

This is quality!!!!

I lay the blame at the feet of a media that needs to create 100 stories every single day about a sport largely played on only 3 days a week.

I have no doubt Ryder is leaving because of the media pressure inflicted on the club over a legal supplements program that happened to be the wrong place and wrong time for hiring Dank. This all started by a government desperate to deflect attention (sudden Terror alert anyone???) from some pretty shoddy poll numbers and a heap of issues. From there it has snowballed into the biggest cluster **** of all time.

I have absolutely no problem with Ryder wanting to leave. I have a big problem with how he (or the manager HE employs) went about it and I have a big problem with the media hysteria and the ill-informed opinions of many about the ability of players (any players) to 'walk out' of contracts. Yet again the media drives the news, which drives hysteria which creates more news.. disgusting cycle that is repeated everyday.

Right now we have ONE player who would like to leave the club to be in a less intense media environment. Nothing more and nothing less. We are about to get some good compensation for said player leaving and life will move on.

I am sick of the doom and gloom hurricane coming to town everytime one tiny thing happens. We had to go through the same level of hysteria over Crameri leaving.. and we ended up with Z Merrett.. which is a big upgrade imho! Same thing could happen here. Time will tell.

no rines. this all started because essendon took illegal drugs.
Show me the conviction then. Tell me how many games the players have missed from suspension?

Right now ASADA haven't even got enough to go to an ADRVP.

Doesn't matter though, I am happy for you to keep having your circle jerk, just don't tag me.

I would have thought watching that demoralising defeat would be of more interest to you than what it happening at another club. I would suggest your focus should be on how your team can improve moving forward and become ready to take the next step. I would have thought that is far more exciting and interesting that putting all this worry into a situation you clearly have no idea about. In fact the most worrying thing about this whole saga is how invested supporters of other clubs have become in an outcome that simply won't happen.

Good luck for season 2015.

Yeah, hence the word 'started' not 'continues'..

Good luck with the English classes.
You're totally deluded.

It all started when *albert wanted bigger stronger players and drafted in the doping duo of Dank and Charter.

Their expertise was to use drugs to enhance performance without being detected. They did the job *hird wanted them to do - *albert and * would have gotten away with it except for the criminal links of Charter and Dank attracting the attention of the ACC and that lead them to * because of the importation of peptides.

Don't blame the government, look at windy hill for the culprits.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Show me the conviction then. Tell me how many games the players have missed from suspension?

Right now ASADA haven't even got enough to go to an ADRVP.

Doesn't matter though, I am happy for you to keep having your circle jerk, just don't tag me.

I would have thought watching that demoralising defeat would be of more interest to you than what it happening at another club. I would suggest your focus should be on how your team can improve moving forward and become ready to take the next step. I would have thought that is far more exciting and interesting that putting all this worry into a situation you clearly have no idea about. In fact the most worrying thing about this whole saga is how invested supporters of other clubs have become in an outcome that simply won't happen.

Good luck for season 2015.
LOL, you’ve been held up as a beacon of bloody-minded, fact and logic denying delusion, and your first foray into this thread doesn't disappoint.

Hanging your hat on no convictions or suspensions yet? Pathetic, even from you. Maybe delaying tactics such as frivolous court cases have delayed the inevitable, but you have to ask yourself why the objective is to obliterate evidence collected, rather than using it to defend show cause notices. Especially given the repeated claims that the evidence will exonerate. It defies logic.

Yes, we are disappointed about last night, but we won 2 finals, not none, and your club is f***ed because their cheating is about to be proven and punished.

Your 2015 is going to need more than just good luck.

Last edited:
Holy s**t, we're through the looking glass.
Check this out lol
you are class rines, love it.
thats-gold-jerry.png

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ok..... Can someone answer this for me...
I have just been, for shits n giggles over into the *board. They genuinely think that they will get a top 10pick and a player for Ryder.
Is that even a possibility??? Surely if he walks out, and gets his contract cancelled due to * breaching his contract, they won't get anything!
Will they???

Ok..... Can someone answer this for me...
I have just been, for shits n giggles over into the *board. They genuinely think that they will get a top 10pick and a player for Ryder.
Is that even a possibility??? Surely if he walks out, and gets his contract cancelled due to * breaching his contract, they won't get anything!
Will they???
Would be a free agent I think, however if he has a preferred club to go to, he may have to let * do a trade with that club or go into the draft.

But if he becomes a free agent wouldn't he just pick his preferred club and go there that way???

My understanding was that if the AFL voids his contract, then he effectively becomes a delisted free agent.

But if he becomes a free agent wouldn't he just pick his preferred club and go there that way???

Actually, that is probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back