Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And from today's Age.

If this verdict does not bring a shift of mindset at Essendon, then the club will sink further, prolonging the eventual recovery. Who, outside of denialists and a diminishing portion of rusted-on fans, seriously thinks Hird should continue as coach, or that Essendon/Hird can continue their legal fight? The broader football community has had enough of the whole saga, which threatens to infect a third season.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...new-stance-20140920-10jshw.html#ixzz3DtnJRkdp

Some work needed on the spell check there Jake.

While John Fahey weighs in on the debate.

"The governments of 194 countries have accepted the code in support of clean and ethical athletes and officials. To me it was beyond belief that one club in one city of one of those countries would believe the rules should not apply to them.

"It is time certain people with big egos and fat wallets threw them both in the drawer and started focusing on 34 young men and their future in sport.

"Refusing to face reality only increases the likelihood of longer suspensions for the players. I sincerely hope that commonsense now comes into play."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...onger-bans-20140920-10jo7t.html#ixzz3Dto8MbEa

Not being very good at this interwebs thing, would some other sympathetic poster please tag in our "good" friends *rines and *the scales on my behalf; plus of course anyone else over *there at *essendon on a need to know basis.

Hardie? Har har.
hardy_abc8d1_1788132.jpg

What does Daniher have to do with the legal proceedings?

Hird wants to clear his name and that of the EFC. If he truly knows/believes that EFC players did not take anything banned then I am all for him fighting until the end.

Give up and we get steam rolled, more players will want out and god knows what else, keep battling Hirdy. He's been labelled all sorts of things and his reputation tarnished. Making it all about himself??that is laughable, he for the majority of this shambolic saga has remained reserved and composed, I know if was me I would have lost my s**t by now, hats off to you Hirdy.

The only time I will say 'fair enough Hirdy you ****** up' is when he personally comes out saying I apolagize for the way I ran the supplements program and I put players at risk on PURPOSE, because I don't give a **** about their welfare.
koolaid-good.png

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

And speaking of *jimmy, isn't it truly ironic that having connived for *himself a salary of $1m for the last year, *he has just handed $500000 of that in legal fees over to that famous (legal) band "Neil Young and Crazy Horse". By the time *he has paid the tax on that *he might be not much above the bread line, which is quite "sad" really isn't it.
For what it's worth, not bad for an old man (with a heart of gold). :thumbsu:

funny_set_of_gifs_to_share_your_appreciation_21_gifs-2.html

For what it's worth, not bad for an old man (with a heart of gold). :thumbsu:
Something, something, needle and the damage done........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh dear - out friendly mod from la la land has lost it!!!

Beerfish
No I don't. I think it's a massive beat up that was let loose by a flailing Labor government desperate to take the focus off their shambles of a mining tax. The majority of the football media ran with it and continue to run with it because it's "the gift that keeps on giving". I also believe the Ziggy report was conceived, written and performed at the behest of the AFL in order to justify the harshest penalties in the history of the sport. In the last 18+ months I have not seen one piece of hard evidence that hangs us for doping.

With all due respect, I think you may be a victim of "saga fatigue" and/or the copious and constant media "noise" that has surrounded this for what is closely approaching two years now.. unless you actually know something you're not telling me. Which I also doubt.

Some more * gold
Some classic delusion
Hird accepted and served his penalty.

And then a bit of salivating at the prospect of fellating *hird
He took another one for the team. He is a warrior, my leader! It seems the players love him and that's likely to be growing as he takes the heat whilst everyone waits. Go Hirdy!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hardie? Har har.
hardy_abc8d1_1788132.jpg
Yes, your book will be a terrific cure for depression.
I'd say said book could be in for a bit of a re-write as the author seems to have backed the wrong legal horse with his tip for the verdict.

I especially like the bolded part, seems very emphatic. Har har indeed.

However, lawyer Martin Hardie, now a lecturer at Deakin University, believes Essendon and Hird should be "reasonably confident" of a favourable decision.
"It will depend on how much of the evidence, or how much of the material, goes because of validity," said Hardie, who is writing a book on the scandal. "But, on the other hand, administrative law is pretty clear on that – if something is invalid, everything is invalid.
"Then the question is, will ASADA appeal? Clearly if Essendon lose they will have to appeal, because I think the law is pretty clear in this area."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ays-lawyer-20140918-10ib42.html#ixzz3Dwwk1teC

The blind devotion is staggering.

I love my club. I support my club. I am yet to see evidence that anything improper happened at my club. We copped a huge wack for bad record keeping.....

Until there is undeniable evidence that we took anything illegal, I will continue to support my club through this. That means full support for the Board, Little, Hird, everyone!

Everything else is noise and can get ******.

Should it be proven that we 'doped' THEN we need a clean out, it really is that simple.
Hows about you think for yourself sunshine? Using your brain can be quite rewarding and enlightening.

While I am a fairly sensible poster, I must admit that I enjoy this thread a lot when I am in the mood for some schadenfreude.

Thus in my first post in it, I thought I'd share some good news for those whose hearts are overflowing with sympathy for *.

I was thinking about posting this in the * board, as an appeal to those with sanity warning that by supporting Hird they are possibly burning the club they claim to love to the ground. But I would just get angrily kicked out of the asylum.

Anyway, take it for what it is - I don't trust vague, anonymous internet posts myself, especially ones that don't reveal a sauce. But a few of you would recognise me as a credible poster, one that even defends * on occasion.

Several days ago, I was informed by a ridiculously credible sauce that everything we suspect about *Hird's role in the 'supplement' program is true. And the club's conduct was pretty much what we suspect too. This was no 'governance' failure. I won't go into any detail, but let's just say that Essendon supporters are like the 'Free Hat' movement off South Park at the moment. If it ever becomes public, which it looks like it will now, the club and Hird will be disgraced.

That was incredibly vague I know, but you can read between the lines.

You may need to store up extra reserves of sympathy, because × supporters are going to need a lot of it when they find out the truth.

While I am a fairly sensible poster, I must admit that I enjoy this thread a lot when I am in the mood for some schadenfreude.

Thus in my first post in it, I thought I'd share some good news for those whose hearts are overflowing with sympathy for *.

I was thinking about posting this in the * board, as an appeal to those with sanity warning that by supporting Hird they are possibly burning the club they claim to love to the ground. But I would just get angrily kicked out of the asylum.

Anyway, take it for what it is - I don't trust vague, anonymous internet posts myself, especially ones that don't reveal a sauce. But a few of you would recognise me as a credible poster, one that even defends * on occasion.

Several days ago, I was informed by a ridiculously credible sauce that everything we suspect about *Hird's role in the 'supplement' program is true. And the club's conduct was pretty much what we suspect too. This was no 'governance' failure. I won't go into any detail, but let's just say that Essendon supporters are like the 'Free Hat' movement off South Park at the moment. If it ever becomes public, which it looks like it will now, the club and Hird will be disgraced.

That was incredibly vague I know, but you can read between the lines.

You may need to store up extra reserves of sympathy, because × supporters are going to need a lot of it when they find out the truth.
Cannot wait for that day it occurs!
You can say * are in deep ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back