Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear - out friendly mod from la la land has lost it!!!

Beerfish
No I don't. I think it's a massive beat up that was let loose by a flailing Labor government desperate to take the focus off their shambles of a mining tax. The majority of the football media ran with it and continue to run with it because it's "the gift that keeps on giving". I also believe the Ziggy report was conceived, written and performed at the behest of the AFL in order to justify the harshest penalties in the history of the sport. In the last 18+ months I have not seen one piece of hard evidence that hangs us for doping.

With all due respect, I think you may be a victim of "saga fatigue" and/or the copious and constant media "noise" that has surrounded this for what is closely approaching two years now.. unless you actually know something you're not telling me. Which I also doubt.
He's got to be taking the piss.

Let the player suspensions begin!

Essendon players ready to listen to ASADA deal offers

The 34 past and present Essendon players facing anti-doping bans will distance themselves from any further legal manoeuvring by the Bombers, with some now contemplating a deal with ASADA in a bid to accelerate their return to the AFL.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...eal-offers-20140921-10k2ew.html#ixzz3DzXLkOog

One step closer to the *scum being permanently recorded in the history books as drug cheats.

I wouldn't be turning my back on the EFC. I would be disassociating myself from the compromised institution of the AFL, where "tanking" doesn't exist - yet you can be fined for it - and stood aside at the discretion of the AFL directorate regardless.

You can be stood down for salary cap breaches, yet endorsed to take on the same role at a different club - previously found guilty of the same "crime".

You demand an equal competition, yet compromise draft picks, introduce compromised free agency and manipulate the fixturing of matches to enhance revenue.

You pre-determine guilt and applicable sanctions, and coerce external parties to fulfil these aspects of your agenda, without regard to honesty or integrity.

I'll accept Ryder wanting out as a sensitive soul, looking out for the best interests of his family, but any more sh1t raining down upon the EFC will be difficult to accept - given the flimsy premise on which it is based.

But I am not certain I have the stomach for a sports entertainment franchise that is $$$ driven, and beholden only to profit select individuals (and clubs), at the expense of the game and "minnow" stakeholders.

O, scales*, never change

Given all that, I was amused that * argued so strongly one year ago that they would not cop sanctions specifically referring to performance enhancing drugs or banned supplements programs but they would be prepared to cop their whack for "governance issues" in that they did not have satisfactory protocols in place to monitor their supplements program. The AFL in their sleazy negotiating fashion, fell into that trap. Flash forward 10 months and * argues before Justice Middleton that the ASADA investigation was illegal in that their only brief is to investigate and supply evidence for the purposes of prosecution relating specifically to performance enhancing drugs or banned supplements programs, not governance issues. By supplying information to the AFL that resulted in sanctions for governance issues, * argued that ASADA was acting outside its scope and therefore the whole investigation was illegal. But as mentioned, no-one was interested in governance until * squirmed their way out of the official charge referring to drugs, and demanded to have this charge re-worded as governance - something a little more corporate sponsor friendly. In the interests of justice, I am pleased that Middleton saw through this two-card trick, but the AFL deserved to have its propensity for sleazy deal-making come back to bite it on the arse.

Personally cant stand the " fishwife " Rita Panahi, but have to admit to quite a few chuckles, reading her anti * diatribe/editorial in todays Hun, dont know how to link it, but maybe someone can to provide it for this sympathy thread

Last edited:
And isn't this just lovely? From Caro's article.

The cost of paying out Hird has been estimated at $1.25 million after tax offsets, although the club has not ruled out sacking him with no financial settlement should evidence be put forward by ASADA to demonstrate the coach breached his contract;

Yep, another $1.25m for *piggy *james. Let's hope he runs his own appeal against the Federal Court decision and loses most (I would prefer all) of it in yet another futile attempt to salvage *his already wrecked reputation.

What a disgraced and disgraceful individual *he is. Sack *him instead *essendon.

Personally cant the " fishwife " Rita Panahi, but have to admit to quite a few chuckles, reading her anti * diatribe/editorial in todays Hun, dont know how to link it, but maybe someone can to provide it for this sympathy thread

It’s time for the Essendon Football Club to take its medicine and end the madness that sees the supplement saga overshadow another finals series. It’s time for the club to stop playing the victim, lining the pockets of lawyers and bringing the game not just into disrepute but into derision.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/...|heading|homepage|homepage&itmt=1411345613361

60sbomber has been into the brown acid Kool-Aid again
I contest it.
Hird should not stand down even if one or more players get suspended.

Hird would be no more or less responsible as a consequence of us losing a tribunal hearing, than he would be if we were to win that tribunal hearing.
In other words, the outcome of the tribunal hearing itself does not determine whether Hird has done wrong or is in some way blameworthy.
The outcome of the tribunal hearings will hinge on burden of proof and how much the tribunal is beholden to the AFL or ASADA and wants to uphold their position.
This is just like Middleton's judgement. It was a statement by him of support for the government agency under threat and an unwillingness to rein in its authority and power to basically do whatever it likes. It wasn't, in my opinion, a ruling based on legal principles. Had he been of a different mind and wanting to challenge the way ASADA operated, he would have had no trouble justifying exactly the opposite ruling to what he did.
You can't blame our QCs for thinking they had a case and that they might win. They were equally as "right" as Middleton in law. He just had an outcome he favoured, and found the means to justify it.
Even ASADA's own lawyers thought they would lose at least some aspects of the case.
There is no smart v dumb, right v wrong. Just those who won and lost for reasons that are not always to do with the merits of their position.

Similarly, the tribunal will come down one way or the other. We will probably lose. Experience in this whole s**t saga tells me that. It doesn't matter how weak their evidence is, it doesn't matter how much in the right we might be. It hasn't helped us so far, and it probably won't now. The tribunal will come down on the side it feels it wants to, for whatever reasons, and it will find the logic to support whatever outcome it wants to find.

None of this makes Hird any more or less responsible or blameworthy.

I think he might be my favourite *donialist.

And isn't this just lovely? From Caro's article.

The cost of paying out Hird has been estimated at $1.25 million after tax offsets, although the club has not ruled out sacking him with no financial settlement should evidence be put forward by ASADA to demonstrate the coach breached his contract;

Yep, another $1.25m for *piggy *james. Let's hope he runs his own appeal against the Federal Court decision and loses most (I would prefer all) of it in yet another futile attempt to salvage *his already wrecked reputation.

What a disgraced and disgraceful individual *he is. Sack *him instead *essendon.
When will * fans en masse realise what a disgrace Hird has been throughout this whole saga?

He should be repaying the club the $1 MIL payout for this year ; making a genuine apology for his attitude and actions ; and finding a deep hole to hide in.

Foggy's old man reasserting his authority as the biggest knob in the village.

Breathtaking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just wondering if I can get onto some of what he's been on. A good dose of that and then I might be able to convince myself that despite the result on Friday night, it will actually be us out there playing Hawthorn on Saturday afternoon in the GF. :eek:

When will * fans en masse realise what a disgrace Hird has been throughout this whole saga?

He should be repaying the club the $1 MIL payout for this year ; making a genuine apology for his attitude and actions ; and finding a deep hole to hide in.
*Hird is such a golden child down at *Windy Hill that even playing a major part in potentially bringing the club to its knees will not sway the average *Essendon supporter.

Honestly i dont want this Saga to go away. I love watching and listening to Essendon supporters dig themselves deeper into the hole. I love the blind stupidity of thier defense of James Hird. Honestly every time i hear bad news down at windy hill i get this thrill of satisfaction.

Please Essendon keep being this stupid it truly puts a smile on my dial :)

Honestly i dont want this Saga to go away. I love watching and listening to Essendon supporters dig themselves deeper into the hole. I love the blind stupidity of thier defense of James Hird. Honestly every time i hear bad news down at windy hill i get this thrill of satisfaction.

Please Essendon keep being this stupid it truly puts a smile on my dial :)
Sympathy to *.

It reminds me of what Bukharin wrote to Stalin after he had been fitted up for a show trial "Koba I now understand the more innocent I am the more guilty I am and I deserve to die"

Looking at this whole saga*, l've come to the belief the club has dug itself a large hole that it can't get out of and instead of digging up (dig up stupid) and admitting guilt, they continue to dig themselves into a bigger hole that threatens to destroy *.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back