Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can just see this heading to a deal where the players all accept three months and don't miss any games. The whole thing is becoming farcical now.
Right up there with finding Melbourne not guilty of tanking, but punishing them. The AFL are cynical bastards. Actually, technically, I'm a cynical bastard who thinks they'll do everything to whitewash whatever they can.

Can just see this heading to a deal where the players all accept three months and don't miss any games. The whole thing is becoming farcical now.

They should only get discount sentences if they cooperated at the start. Instead they banded together, baulked and avoided and delayed. MUST get 2 years if guilty.

I think we can safely assume that that is the standard response period, and that the players will request and ASADA will grant them a longer response time given how complicated this matter is.

If I'm right about that, it will be interesting to see how long they ask for and get, and how that fits into the timetable of *Hird's appeal.
I'd be surprised if an extension is granted - the players knew that SC notices were coming and have had plenty of time to prepare responses - even if they didn't have full details of the evidence ASADA has they would have had a fair idea of what it might be.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Perhaps all these individually tailored show cause notices will finally convince the players, especially those no longer with * that their best interests are NOT served by a one size fits all defence strategy. There is a reason * is paying for the legal defence. A lawyer has just one master and it's usually the person with the cheque book.

Perhaps all these individually tailored show cause notices will finally convince the players, especially those no longer with * that their best interests are NOT served by a one size fits all defence strategy. There is a reason * is paying for the legal defence. A lawyer has just one master and it's usually the person with the cheque book.

Yeh.. clear conflict because the interests of the client and the interests of the players are different. The * Board has gone into full tilt delusion mode again

Yep, AFLPA spokesman says they are like workers who are not told they are being exposed to asbestos, and rather than being prosecuted, they should be awarded damages o_O

He is right they will be awarded damages but 5-10 years after they have finished just to maximise revenue earnings. Any one of these 34 players who turns 40 & needs to work after footy is not doing it right.

They should only get discount sentences if they cooperated at the start. Instead they banded together, baulked and avoided and delayed. MUST get 2 years if guilty.
No way 34 players will get two years no matter what the result. Just won't happen.

Right up there with finding Melbourne not guilty of tanking, but punishing them. The AFL are cynical bastards. Actually, technically, I'm a cynical bastard who thinks they'll do everything to whitewash whatever they can.

You don't have to be cynical to hold this view, it is consistent with the overwhelming evidence of how the AFL operates to do anything to protect the brand. It's why better people (those with a demonstrable record of ethical corporate behaviour) are needed on the Commission - ones who have the balls to take a stand, even if it means the 'firm' takes a big hit. Short term pain for long term gain.

Ex-politicians need not apply.

All I can say at this early stage is "Well played by ASADA". Clearly they have been monitoring the activity on this board, waiting for the trading period to end, before issuing the show cause notices. They want us to join them in enjoying the fun ahead.
Very good times ahead. Much renewed *sympathy for *essendon here in Horace's haven. :D

Half right Horace, I have word that they were tossing up when to distribute the show cause notices but when The Doritto man claimed that Cooney wants to come to Essendon because of Hird.....A decision was made......

Last Straw.png

"This is why i quoted Yaco, in an ideal world where the system worked? Sure our players would probably be banned by the AFL. As we have seen though this system is so broken that i think there is a strong case for nothing coming of this at all. AFL X Broom =Rug."

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guess they should all just get off then o_O

hahahahahahahahahahahaha Rines. Yes...that is how law works. My Dyson has more than 3 pages of legal jargon let alone that s**t storm.

"Add in completely legal actions, text messages, documents and supplements.. but then you can claim 350 pages of 'evidence' of use of TB4.

I would have thought it would have been far scarier to see a document with three pages that nails your ass to the floor:
Page 1: This is Dank requesting TB4 for use by EFC players. This is Charters ordering TB4 for 'Essendon'. This is the custom records of TB4 being delivered to Australia.
Page 2: This is evidence of Alavi prepared TB4 for Essendon. This is evidence of TB4 being used at Essendon. This is evidence of Dank talking about his use of TB4 at Essendon.
Page 3: This is your injection record showing you were given 10mL of TB4 on XX May 2012.

Case Closed.
That is when you s**t your pants... not when it take 350 pages to try and explain to you how you might have got a 5mL injection of TB4 that may have been sourced in China that may or may not have been destroyed..."
rines, Yesterday at 5:56 pm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm confused. I would swear that just a moment or two ago I saw a post from that *donialist, who is located at "the moral higher ground, *the *scales. Where did that go? Oh wait, I understand, it went in similar fashion to the *substance abuse records at *essendon.

I'm confused. I would swear that just a moment or two ago I saw a post from that *donialist, who is located at "the moral higher ground, *the *scales. Where did that go? Oh wait, I understand, it went in similar fashion to the *substance abuse records at *essendon.

Haha, I missed it - what was the esteemed Mr Scales telling us we're wrong about this time?

Haha, I missed it - what was the esteemed Mr Scales telling us we're wrong about this time?

*he attempted sarcasm in responding to Jacko57's post, "and that's where WADA would step in."

*he said something along the lines of "what they did at Cronulla".

Jacko 57's response was " where the players actually did a deal?"

*he must have decided that it was better to delete the post rather than have a number of us much, much smarter people here the opportunity to reinforce to *him what a complete idiot *he is.

You did see that post, I was replying to jacko57 - but I thought I was in the SCN 2.0 thread, not here. Didn't want to intrude on your gloating. Cheers.

EDIT: Much, much smarter people? Okey mete.

You don't have to be cynical to hold this view, it is consistent with the overwhelming evidence of how the AFL operates to do anything to protect the brand. It's why better people (those with a demonstrable record of ethical corporate behaviour) are needed on the Commission - ones who have the balls to take a stand, even if it means the 'firm' takes a big hit. Short term pain for long term gain.

Ex-politicians need not apply.

Anything short of murder. Honest Andy's legacy.

You did see that post, I was replying to jacko57 - but I thought I was in the SCN 2.0 thread, not here. Didn't want to intrude on your gloating. Cheers.

Funny that you would not realise that you were over here. :confused:

Then again, when I think about it, pretty much in keeping with *your sad excuse for a *club.

People keep bringing up this two years as though it is somehow relevant. You do realise that as soon as the fireworks end and we tip over to 2015, the new WADA code will call for four year bans. So nice of * and the idiot boy* to delay proceedings to ensure that sentencing will be set some time in January. Sympathy, etc.
Oh Joy!

After a while every thread with an ASADA theme looks and reads the same. I am going to blame LuvtheKangas changing his avatar for my disorientation, plus I haven't had a beer yet.

What...comedic gold?

It is fun visiting different boards and seeing them hang s**t on your club day after day. Must be because we are jealous...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back